The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Going for Bruce as the interim would be hilarious for many more obvious reasons, but going the ex-player route again after literally just binning off a manager who was only there for that same reason would be top. Don't know a whole lot about the Glazers tbf but it sort of seems like something they'd do.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Oh dear. There's actually people on here hoping that Bruce will get the job. :lol:

Of course, it's nothing but a magical dream.

But it's been reported they're after an interim manager till the end of the season.

Also that Bruce has expressed an interest in the job (and if true, the sheer brass neck and vanity of that is astounding).

Anyhow, I'm doing my bit by furiously liking any post on any media which suggests him.

8 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Of course, it's nothing but a magical dream.

But it's been reported they're after an interim manager till the end of the season.

Also that Bruce has expressed an interest in the job (and if true, the sheer brass neck and vanity of that is astounding).

Anyhow, I'm doing my bit by furiously liking any post on any media which suggests him.

Good luck mate, but even the Glazers aren't that stupid. 

The last thing I want is Bruce getting the gig for 6 months.

He comes in, gets a immediate lift, is credited for steadying the ship and gets a golden handshake. Err na. Media will be choking on his cock.

For the record I know there's no chance in hell of Bruce getting the job. :lol: But hypothetically speaking, would he even get a 'lift' out of them? That was essentially OGS's job. As Froggy's said, it doesn't seem like he lost the dressing room and they just need a lift. They need a clear plan and guidance, so surely Bruce would be the worst kind of 'manager' to bring in?

Whilst knowing he's got no chance, I sure hope he keeps being championed for it. :lol:

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Shocked Man Utd are looking for an interim, they are still very much in with a shout for the big trophies and have a great squad, go out and get a top manager and they could still have a great season.

100% agree, they must have someone lined up for the summer, but to write this season off in November is criminal really, may as well have left Ole at the wheel till Feb/March.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Imagine when he wins a handful of games (because it's Man Utd so they'll obviously win a handful of games), and the nauseating love-in that would follow. If we thought there was a tedious agenda around Ole as ManU boss, imagine it with Bruce. 

Obscurity and irrelevance for me, Clive.

Come on York, forget the media, think about what would happen on the pitch. Tell me you don’t want Man U to be shit.

26 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

wat

Well Ole is available, and he has a proven record of doing a great job at Man U on an interim basis. If you want an ex-player to do the job, Ole would be better than Bruce. Simple logic mate. 

12 hours ago, Yorkie said:

All the chat about Solskjaer steadying the ship or however you want to put it... domestically, are Man Utd not in a similar/even more of a mess than they were when Mourinho left? They actually had more points on the board at this point in the year Mourinho ended up leaving and, in both cases, they're a country mile off the title. The team's certainly an absolute shit-tip if the Watford game is anything to go by. 

He’s a lovely man don’t you know! Things like results, tactics and performances don’t come into it. Take football out of the equation and he’s done an incredible job in the worst working conditions. See Bruce, Steve. 

Just watched Gary Neville from yesterday on Sky saying his little mate has steadied the ship and got them going in the right direction again after the dark days. All done while restoring so much ruddy soul. 

Amen to that Gary! I mean getting humiliated in big games, getting embarrassed in most other games and becoming Faux Apologies United FC on a weekly basis while spending £100’s of millions on Man City’s 2nd choice transfer targets is exactly the direction we all want to see them going. 

If they carry on in this direction some might say they could end up just ‘a wee club in the north west’. But you’d have to be an absolute petty, purple nosed, whisky smelling cunt of a man to say something along those lines.

Hate to see it.

24 minutes ago, Slim said:

Steve Bruce is very interested in becoming the Manchester United manager. He believes that he could stabilise the dressing room!😳

[Via - TheAthletic] https://t.co/W7KgiLNwMl

Wind up surely

Goodness gracious me. It was bad enough with all the media pundits and his fellow mates saying he was a great manager and all. But if he himself actually believes that, then he is without doubt, a fat, inept, stupid cabbage head.

Dream scenario now is if Steve fucking Bruce publicly throws his name into the hat and says he wants the job. Then we'll see how all the media and his pals try to squirm an excuse of why it shouldn't be Bruce, at the same time, not upsetting the goon.

And they can't blame Bruce for wanting it too since the club said tbey want someone on an interim basis. Bruce feels he can do that.

Season will only get better if this happens. :lol:

Edited by nufcjb

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

If we thought there was a tedious agenda around Ole as ManU boss, imagine it with Bruce. 

Bruce isn't even close to the stature of Ole within Manchester United.

I don't think many opposition fans understand just how highly Ole is thought of. He's a legend.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

To be able to see the look on Ronaldo's face after a Steve Bruce training session man ...

The bit where Steve meets him on a Monday “Right Cristiano you can have 4 days off, that’s what the scientists are saying - right i’m off to Tenerife - be back on Friday when you can play my favourite game “Chase the ice cream van””

Can see Man U faffing around for a few weeks and just giving it to Carrick/McKenna until end of season. Bit tin-pot to to just write off a season less than 1/3 of a way through going down the interim route. Still numerically in hunt for Top 4 and still in CL. 

Looking round Man U forum seems to be good consensus that there is a unfounded investment bordering on fetish into the Carrick McKenna duo, and that they are just to blame as OGS ever was; also that the football and results fell off a cliff under Mourinho when Rui Faria left and Carrick was forced onto Mourinho.

Thread going round on their forum rating their post Fergie managers - Mourinho seems to come out best, and most having OGS bottom, even below Moyes! Mainly based on sheer amount of money spent against lack of winning anything at all. 

Video going round on Sky Sports News YT that goes through some 'highlights' of OGS - hilarious they included first back-to-back 'top 3' finishes since SAF left.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Really don’t want Poch to go to Man U,   he’s a brilliant manager and the only one since Ferguson that I could see being a success 

Poch a brilliant manager.

Another hyped up merchant.

Espanyol

Saints

Spurs

Won nought.

Goes to PSG and he fails to win league which they normally do blindfolded.

7 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Bruce and the Steve's would get them ticking along.  I would love to see all the pundits be at a loss for words as that ship slowly sank.  

Ah, I could dream.

Forgot about the other two numpties. The 3 Steves at Man U. That would be glorious. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Espanyol

Saints

Spurs

Won nought.

He was outstanding at Southampton and Spurs. Don’t know much about his time at Espanyol and I don’t follow Ligue 1. He’s only been there since January anyway. I hardly think getting to a champions league final and genuinely challenging for the league makes him hyped up

Guest neesy111
53 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Espanyol

Saints

Spurs

Won nought.

:serious: