The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If Zidane agrees to go to PSG now Poch will come the other way. 

Romano reporting we had contact with Valverde tonight. @Village Idiotwhat's your opinion on that? 

Interesting. Be fascinating to see how that all comes together then.

It will probably take a few months to sort out I imagine, so until then ...

Spoiler

steve-bruce.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&auto=compr

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If Zidane agrees to go to PSG now Poch will come the other way. 

Romano reporting we had contact with Valverde tonight. @Village Idiotwhat's your opinion on that? 

He had a couple good seasons with us, tarnished by his CL record. He always had us looking reasonabily solid, but he had a bad record in high-stakes games, never seemed to have answers when things got tough. But his performance in the league was very solid. Then again, he coached Messi.

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

You hope, they brought in a bloke sacked by Cardiff so nothing is out of the questioned.  Also, many of the elite pundits in English football think Bruce is a great manager with many years of experience.  You could do worse.....

Bruce is arguably a better manager than OGS too, based on their careers.

I think they’re pretty similar in style, being the players’ mate rather than using actual tactics.

21 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Who would have thought the bloke who said we should appoint Nigel Pearson over Rafa Benitez would have such a shockingly, clueless opinion? 

It’s hard to disagree with him, to be fair. Bruce would be a fantastic appointment for them. 

In the same way OGS was a fantastic appointment… for all of us.

Bruce might be the best they can get. Not the biggest pull in the PL any more. Light years behind the top clubs. 

All the top class, proven managers will say ‘No’ to them more times than Kathryn Mayorga did to CR7. 

Its hilarious they are even mentioning Bruce but that team really shouldn't need much coaching, I would hate it if he went there and got results, there full of great players and really should be able to play well without a manager, can just hear the pundits already saying they knew he was top class and badly treated. Won't actually look at any evidence and results. On the other hand could go in and prove what we all know.

It’s his favourite club so he’d probably at least turn up more often. Nearer his house too.

Which would be great because his coaching is shite. 

Imagine the 3 Steves of the apocalypse coaching Ronaldo :lol:

Lets say that hypothetically, the Manure board were looking at Bruce.

What would be the genuine positives?

1) He knows the club

2) Popular with the fans

3) He knows the league

4) He got an underperforming Newcastle to 12th

5) Is a motivator

6) Has vast experience over 1000 games

Any more?

Just now, Lazarus said:

1) He knows the club

2) Popular with the fans

3) He knows the league

5) Is a motivator

Any more?

Lives there when he’s not in Portugal.

Just now, Lazarus said:

1) He knows the club

2) Popular with the fans

3) He knows the league

5) Is a motivator

Any more?

Don't think he's popular with their fans as Manager mind.

9 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

1) He knows the club

2) Popular with the fans

3) He knows the league

5) Is a motivator

Any more?

Family man. 

1 hour ago, HWTL said:

Its hilarious they are even mentioning Bruce but that team really shouldn't need much coaching, I would hate it if he went there and got results, there full of great players and really should be able to play well without a manager, can just hear the pundits already saying they knew he was top class and badly treated. Won't actually look at any evidence and results. On the other hand could go in and prove what we all know.

I genuinely cannot believe people can still say this sort of thing in today's football. It just doesn't work like this anymore. There are too many decent managers with very well thought out philosophies and preparation in this league now. From Pep at Man City at the top to Thomas Frank at Brentford who have only just come up.

It's clear Ole was already a manager that thought little of tactics and coaching and it caught up with him, and you really think Bruce who is definitely more clueless and far lazier, would get results there? Against the likes of Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, Conte, Rodgers in the league without getting humiliated like they did by Liverpool last time out? Not to mention the cabbage then taking them into Champions League games with his 'lets play' philosophy? 

The idea that he can just go in there and remind them what a privilege it is to play for Man Utd and that will suddenly get them playing at a high level is impossibly funny to me, and I pray they get suckered into it by all these ridiculously pompous ex-Man Utd players that they flood the studios with every time there's football on. This would be so incredibly satisfying if it transpires man. Fingers firmly crossed.

Look forward to Man Utd packing 10 men in their box and then lumping the ball up to Ronaldo on the half way line every time the ball comes near them, in order to stop them conceding so many goals.

Edited by KaKa

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I genuinely cannot believe people can still say this sort of thing in today's football. It just doesn't work like this anymore. There are too many decent managers with very well thought out philosophies and preparation in this league now. From Pep at Man City at the top to Thomas Frank at Brentford who have only just come up.

It's clear Ole was already a manager that thought little of tactics and coaching and it caught up with him, and you really think Bruce who is definitely more clueless and far lazier, would get results there? Against the likes of Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, Conte, Rodgers in the league without getting humiliated like they did by Liverpool last time out? Not to mention the cabbage then taking them into Champions League games with his 'lets play' philosophy? 

The idea that he can just go in there and remind them what a privilege it is to play for Man Utd and that will suddenly get them playing at a high level is impossibly funny to me, and I pray they get suckered into it by all these ridiculously pompous ex-Man Utd players that they flood the studios with every time there's football on. This would be so incredibly satisfying if it transpires man. Fingers firmly crossed.

Look forward to Man Utd packing 10 men in their box and then lumping the ball up to Ronaldo on the half way line every time the ball comes near them, in order to stop them conceding so many goals.

Whilst I agree with everything you've said, this is the same oaf that got us to 12th last year by pure fucking luck. There's enough individual talent in that ManU squad to win big games despite who's on the touchline. It's the expectation of any sort of sustained success that will evade a PFM type.