The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Man United's problem is that for the better part of three decades, the main reason for their success was the genius of Ferguson. That was their football strategy. People have come up with all sorts of ancillary reasons - Class of 92, youth team, Cantona, Kean, Ronaldo, best placed to exploit the growth of money in football, etc. Yes, those helped. But the main reason started and ended with Ferguson's brilliance. 

They are now figuring out how to win without their ace. They have too much money not to succeed. They will figure it out sooner or later.

1 minute ago, rgk_lfc said:

Man United's problem is that for the better part of three decades, the main reason for their success was the genius of Ferguson. That was their football strategy. People have come up with all sorts of ancillary reasons - Class of 92, youth team, Cantona, Kean, Ronaldo, best placed to exploit the growth of money in football, etc. Yes, those helped. But the main reason started and ended with Ferguson's brilliance. 

They are now figuring out how to win without their ace. They have too much money not to succeed. They will figure it out sooner or later.

They need to move on from him though now..He still as to much influence and presence around the place..

You only need to watch a man utd match and see how many times the cam goes to him..he's like s big shadow over everyone that's had the job since.

1 hour ago, rgk_lfc said:

And Nokia were the biggest phone manufacturer in the world. Poor management from the top will see even the biggest of organisations falter. For Man Utd, they’re revenue is still very good, but how much of that are their owners filtering out? There’s a parasite element similar to Mike Ashley with them.

Fergie hanging around like a fucking spectre haunting the club can't possibly be helping them.

They still cling on to the idea of the "Man Utd way" - but as RGK says the Man Utd way was just SAF. They think it was some sort of style of play or player but it was just him and his influence. It was great for them for a long time but it's done now and until they entirely move forward and find a new identity I don't think they'll be successful.

2 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Fergie hanging around like a fucking spectre haunting the club can't possibly be helping them.

They still cling on to the idea of the "Man Utd way" - but as RGK says the Man Utd way was just SAF. They think it was some sort of style of play or player but it was just him and his influence. It was great for them for a long time but it's done now and until they entirely move forward and find a new identity I don't think they'll be successful.

It’s no surprise both Man Utd and Arsenal have struggled post Wenger and SAF.

1 hour ago, Chicane said:

That's right. Their way before Forguson was basically how they are now. Flatter to decieve despite spend in the league, not organised enough to challenge in the league, chance in the cups, managers coming and going.

16 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Bruce would be maddeningly fine there, Howe would fail to turn us into a juggernaut immediately, and we’d have to put up with all the gaslighting from the relentlessly thick dickheads who get paid to pontificate about this sport.

We've all come to expect the worse, but this is not happening.

Steve Bruce is incompetent.  The Man Utd squad won't bother to disguise their contempt for that clown the first time he has them playing 11 behind the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why is Valverde only being talked about as an Interim rather than Full-Time manager? His achievements the last few years outweighs Man Utd’s. 

Having watched his Barca teams he’s an average manager who basically relied on Messi to bail him out 

52 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Having watched his Barca teams he’s an average manager who basically relied on Messi to bail him out 

He was well spoken of during his time at Bilbao, he made a very average squad top half of the table european contenders and a few cup finals.

Barcelona he just couldn´t get them going and kind of forgave the low performances from their aeing players.

Would be a good fit for MAnu

“I don’t want to put my family through that again” Bruce says as lashings of gravy and bacon fall from his leaking jowls. Bruce’s wife stares on disconsolately as he puts pen to paper on the interim caretaker role at Manchester United. “It just wouldn’t be fair on them if I didn’t take this opportunity” Bruce starts to choke as a streaky rasher of bacon catches

in his throat, his fingers tightening around the pen as his eyes fill with water. Breathless, his eyes grow wider as he stumbles to the floor, his wife motionless. Bruce writhes silently as the darkness seeps into the corners of his bloodshot eyes. His wife stands over him, staring down at the contract covered in sticky welts of bacon fat. “Alex, come clear your father up, he’s made a real mess of himself.”

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

“I don’t want to put my family through that again” Bruce says as lashings of gravy and bacon fall from his leaking jowls. Bruce’s wife stares on disconsolately as he puts pen to paper on the interim caretaker role at Manchester United. “It just wouldn’t be fair on them if I didn’t take this opportunity” Bruce starts to choke as a streaky rasher of bacon catches

in his throat, his fingers tightening around the pen as his eyes fill with water. Breathless, his eyes grow wider as he stumbles to the floor, his wife motionless. Bruce writhes silently as the darkness seeps into the corners of his bloodshot eyes. His wife stands over him, staring down at the contract covered in sticky welts of bacon fat. “Alex, come clear your father up, he’s made a real mess of himself.”

:lol: Fucking hell

20th October 2021: "Newcastle fans have made me a broken man, their abuse has finished me. They called me The Ginsters Nonce.  I am going to retire because I can't take any more!"

24th November 2022: "I want the Man Utd job, I can do the Man Utd job.  Pick me, Pick me!"

All thoroughly predictable, and says an awful lot about the type of person he is.  Fucking self-pitying thundercunt.

Edited by deejeck
Grammar

4 hours ago, buzza said:

He was well spoken of during his time at Bilbao, he made a very average squad top half of the table european contenders and a few cup finals.

Barcelona he just couldn´t get them going and kind of forgave the low performances from their aeing players.

Would be a good fit for MAnu

If you look at Barca since he left his record looks a lot better than at the time. I know they collapsed twice in Europe but that Liverpool side that came back against them would beat the Barca side since Valverde left about 10-0 on aggregate