The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I still think AVB is a good manager, but the results are pretty damn condemning. I actually think a new manager would reap the benefit of their quality players as they'll have had more time to gel.

Has the hallmarks of Levy pulling the trigger.

Things will get even worse up front for them when Defoe goes to the MLS.

To be fair though even though they have had a few poor results they are still up there and still have a good chance of getting into the top 4 if they can turn things around. People are talking like they are in a relegation battle and that's not the case.

No doubt about it spuds will be sounding out managers and have been for a few weeks now. They seem to react to their fans opinions quite quickly so the empty ground booing at FT will have done no favours, especially against their perceived league rivals.

I'm not sure if he'll be given time to sort it out, I think the fans don't like his style of play, he's not getting anything out of the new signings made by the board, he's very much an unlikeable person and I think the club are generally sick of his face. His list of allies at Tottenham and in England is running thin and it seems now its a matter of when not if, especially after the manner of defeat today. 5-0 and 6-0 while scoring fuck all all season just isn't good enough for where the club thinks it should be.

I still however think it would be the wrong decision, it would be a mistake to sack him this early but spuds are financially is a great position and have the financial power to drop him and bring in someone with decent credibility to try and create a more attacking game with the players they've brought in. But it will have to be someone willing to be a head coach, to manage the squad given to him as levy doesn't play nice when he has to share any power at the club.