The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

The Sunderland job is about as tough a job as you could get.

Fairly big expectations, nee money, nee players. I think Monk would be daft to leave a bigger club with a new owner for Sunderland.

Far more likely that Watford or Palace have sounded him out.

Absolutely true, if he's left Leeds to go to Sunderland, you would question his sanity, the conditions are probably even tougher there because the base squad is worse than what he had at Leeds. Really if he held on to the bulk of his current squad, he would have only needed a couple of players to be a major force in the championship next season. At the Mackems, he would have to bring in at least half a team with no money to spend. Palace would be a good call, they like their British managers.

Pardew will be licking those daft lips as he's bound to get one of these!

Palace (not this one!)

Watford

Hull

Boro

Sunderland

Leeds

Charlton and to a degree at least Southampton are the exceptions to Pardew's general M.O, where he hasn't had the honeymoon period at the start of his term. I wonder what the conditions were at Charlton in terms of finances and current player base, when he took over. If they were similar to the Mackems, then it would be fantastic if he got that job. Watford is actually right up his street, he's only going to be there a year going by their recent policy, that's not enough time for the rot to set in like it always does with him.

What's the big deal with Monk. He was sacked at Swansea, and failed to get Leeds into the top 6. They were pure guff every game I watched of them last season too - particularly against us.

We outplayed them home and away. Didn't see any of their other games mind.

What's the big deal with Monk. He was sacked at Swansea, and failed to get Leeds into the top 6. They were pure guff every game I watched of them last season too - particularly against us.

He was harshly treated at Swansea imo. too quijkcly judged. And for all intents and purposes, gave Leeds their best season in f***ing years. Yeah they dropped out of the top 6, still their best season in 7 years. Got them playing some decent stuff, especially compared to recent seasons. fans loved him. Was positive, got the fans hopeful and interested again... I wouldn't under estimate his influence there. Maybe that's more to do with how shit they've been for so long, but I think he'lol go on to be a decent manager. He's only managed 2 clubs.

His Swansea sacking was ridiculous tbf and Leeds fans seem to hold him in high regard. At least, they did before the end of the season.

Think he's a horrible slimy creep personally but would probably be a decent appointment by mackem standards. Would definitely prefer to see them going for shitjock v7 from Aberdeen.

Confirmation that Marco Silva has left Hull. He'd be perfect for Southampton I reckon and would do a good job at Palace

Been heavily linked with Porto too. Got plenty options :lol:

He was harshly treated at Swansea imo. too quijkcly judged. And for all intents and purposes, gave Leeds their best season in f***ing years. Yeah they dropped out of the top 6, still their best season in 7 years. Got them playing some decent stuff, especially compared to recent seasons. fans loved him. Was positive, got the fans hopeful and interested again... I wouldn't under estimate his influence there. Maybe that's more to do with how s*** they've been for so long, but I think he'lol go on to be a decent manager. He's only managed 2 clubs.

Reading this has alerted me to the fact that we need to qualify for the champions league as soon as fuck.

Not having Pardew's name mentioned in association with this club 60 years down the line, because no manager has managed to emulate the success of the cunt.

I was thinking the same. Might be a blessing in disguise for Leeds, I was wondering if they would want to keep him on anyway after the way they finished the season.

Guest chopey

Very surprised at this criticism of Monk, I can't see what he has done to get up everyone's nose it's a bit like the hatred for Eddie Hearn I just don't understand

Very surprised at this criticism of Monk, I can't see what he has done to get up everyone's nose it's a bit like the hatred for Eddie Hearn I just don't understand

Have you heard him talk? He reminds me of Pardew.

Hardly failed, wasn't that their highest Championship finish in about 10 years?

His eyelids always look sunburnt and it irritates the fuck out of me.  This is the reason i dislike him.

His eyelids always look sunburnt and it irritates the fuck out of me.  This is the reason i dislike him.

:mike:

Yes, this. Exactly this. That's why I hate him.  Hadn't realized it before.

Guest chopey

His eyelids always look sunburnt and it irritates the f*** out of me.  This is the reason i dislike him.

At last someone has convinced me and changed my mind, failure to apply appropriate sun block is a valid reason to hate anyone.........Gary Monk ? More like Gary Monster !!!............I still like Eddie Hearn tho.

Agreed. I don't mind Monk. Boro really should be going for him, they'll have a bit of money to spend/good defence already for that level.

Agreed. I don't mind Monk. Boro really should be going for him, they'll have a bit of money to spend/good defence already for that level.

Proper smug cunt iyam.

Could see him at the Mackems - with his flaming lids of fire.