The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Excellent news. Was far too good for those twats.

He’s a world-class manager for me, but it could go either way for him there. I think he’ll do a decent interim job ready for an Alonso or a Raul. Mind, Zidane did a great job overall. Strange club.

Think the issue with clubs like Everton, Villa, us if we get taken over, is that you’d have to spend about £200-300m just to close the gap on the current squads of the top sides. When they then spend the same themselves it’s almost impossible. Leicester have hit the jackpot doing what they’ve done but it’s a rarity.

Seeing as Steve Bruce is the bestest manager in the world, I wonder if the media think he would be better off going to a club that actually spend money, so he can truly show off his talent.

Anchelotti said he wanted to build a project at Everton. He's tightened up the defence and made them a threat from set pieces, but they still require a decent amount of investment to compete higher up the table. The likes of Pickford, Mina, Gomes, Delph and Iwobi will be on a decent packet when they contribute very little.

"David Moyes, Nuno Espírito Santo and Eddie Howe are all likely to come under consideration as the club begin to formulate a shortlist of candidates to replace the Italian at Goodison Park."

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"David Moyes, Nuno Espírito Santo and Eddie Howe are all likely to come under consideration as the club begin to formulate a shortlist of candidates to replace the Italian at Goodison Park."

Dreadful, what does Steve Bruce have to do to get a look in 😠

Guest HTT II

I’m not so sure, a decent offer anytime soon at another club and he will go to that job.

Oh definitely, but his preferred choice is NUFC. Why else would he still be talking to players at the club and then admitting it on sky. Why else would he be saying look at me, I tried to sign Ruben Dias and Bruno Fernandez?

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Oh definitely, but his preferred choice is NUFC. Why else would he still be talking to players at the club and then admitting it on sky. Why else would he be saying look at me, I tried to sign Ruben Dias and Bruno Fernandez?

It’s not unnatural for a former popular manager to keep in touch with his former players and it’s nothing revealing when a manager speaks about his time at his ex club when questioned to comment on such which is what Rafa has done here and done many a time with his ex players and clubs before. He would obviously love to come back under the right circumstances, his dream job almost, but let’s not kid ourselves in the meantime... 

Edited by HTT II