The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

Utter scum

He's an intelligent man so surely can see that this is a ridiculous move? I know he loves managing but this is mental

Wonder how much talksport and the likes will condemn this like Bruce’s alleged threats. No doubt say some pish about Rafa calling Everton a small club. All about agendas. I cannot for the life of me understand why Bruce is loved so much and why Rafa seems to be disliked so much in the media 

Edited by gdm

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Wonder how much talksport and the likes will condemn this like Bruce’s alleged threats. No doubt say some pish about Rafa calling Everton a small club. All about agendas. I cannot for the life of me understand why Bruce is loved so much and why Rafa seems to be disliked so much in the media 

Xenophobia 

The worst part about this for us NUFC fans is that, despite all of this abuse, Benitez will be great for EFC. And when he has them properly challenging for a top four place, and maybe wins them a trophy, all of this harassment will be conveniently forgotten about...."never happened" etc.

Everton cutting off their nose to spite their face. Absolutely extraordinary stuff. That man would legit have them challenging for top 4 based on how crap the league is at the minute.

Out of interest what has the response from Liverpool fans been to him going to Everton? Haven't seen to much from their end.

14 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Horrific stuff, hope he tells them to go fuck themselves even if it is just a couple of bellends responsible

Several banners last week, defacing the stadium with "Fuck Rafa" graffiti...........

He'd be absolutelymad to go there

2 hours ago, gdm said:

The majority of pundits are cut from the same cloth as Bruce. Raised in a time when men pissed standing up and England played four-four-faacking-tyew.

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’s following Ancelotti this time rather than McClaren like. Top 6 is there for the taking.

I doubt that like, and its effectively a top 7 now when you throw in Leicester. 8th is his realistic target.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

I doubt that like, and its effectively a top 7 now when you throw in Leicester. 8th is his realistic target.

Why can't they do what West Ham did last year?

They only just missed out on CL

25 minutes ago, Beth said:

Will be hard to overtake any of last season’s top 4, but don’t see why he can’t finish top 2 from Everton, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Leeds, etc. They were 10th last season but only 6 points off top 6. When you consider we somehow did the double over them, it’s not a massive leap.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

This is in a whole other league to what talksport were kicking up a fuss about with Bruce. The "threats" there seemed to amount to a couple people saying they hope he gets covid in twitter. Rafa should call off the move and say it's due to threats made against his family.

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will be hard to overtake any of last season’s top 4, but don’t see why he can’t finish top 2 from Everton, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Leeds, etc. They were 10th last season but only 6 points off top 6. When you consider we somehow did the double over them, it’s not a massive leap.

He'll finish top 6 IMO. When you think what he did here with pocket money spending, it's hard to see how he won't be up there given some very decent players. 

Shame though, Everton fans don't deserve it. 

Everton’s probably the dream job for someone. Normally when you get a non-top 6 job you’re going into a situation where an overhaul is needed, etc. He’s going into a club that’s ran well, had a top class coach before him, and where he’ll get the backing to have a stab at trophies and Champions League football.