The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

18 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The type of appointment that has disaster written all over it :lol:

Be gone by march...the Pozzos don't mess about if a manager isn't getting results, unlike some Thumbs we could name

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Ranieri did a really decent job last time out at Sampdoria.

He did, I think the PL is too much for him or his type of coaching/management these days though (see Mourinho). I do hope he does well though, he’s one of the good guys.

Guest HTT II

He’s someone I imagine most players would love playing for, but in football we have egos where some players don’t like it when managers are too cosy with a few players more and I think that’s been the case with him at Leicester and Chelsea especially. 

14 hours ago, HTT II said:

He’s someone I imagine most players would love playing for, but in football we have egos where some players don’t like it when managers are too cosy with a few players more and I think that’s been the case with him at Leicester and Chelsea especially. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case.

At Leicester they didn’t have a team of egos. They were all very modest players. Although in the second season after winning the league, some egos did develop.

He was also on a hiding to nothing that second season, expectations were raised so high and in reality they were never going to match it. Their recruitment was also really poor that summer.

• 3 weeks later...