The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

9 hours ago, Manxst said:

Wonder if Koeman got £8m for doing a shit job….

“The reported €13 million pay-off to end Koeman’s contract was also an issue for Barcelona, who everyone knows are already €1.3 billion in debt, and just took on a new €1.5 billion loan to rebuild their crumbling Nou Camp.” (Via The Athletic)

blimey. They’re proper fucked. Unless some dodgy debt wiping takes place. 

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I was reading that Barca can’t afford to pay any new manager more than what Koeman was on (around 3.75m a year), they literally don’t have the money.

So any of the names us or Man Utd are being linked with are a no go for them unless they want to take a pay cut to go there during what will ultimately be a shit run.

If Spain do pfm types, that’s what they’ll be in for.

Cometh the hour, cometh the Pards.

8 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“The reported €13 million pay-off to end Koeman’s contract was also an issue for Barcelona, who everyone knows are already €1.3 billion in debt, and just took on a new €1.5 billion loan to rebuild their crumbling Nou Camp.” (Via The Athletic)

blimey. They’re proper fucked. Unless some dodgy debt wiping takes place. 

A few months back I was listening to a guy who’s an expert on Spanish football and wrote an article on the matter.

Apparently because everyone in Spain supports either Barca or Madrid, even if they are a 2nd team and because of the political connections to both clubs, no bank would foreclose on either bank because the outrage of sending either club to go bust would mean that all their customers would immediately leave the bank. As such both Barca and Madrid have basically been granted blank cheques.

Just now, Peppe said:

Bruce to Barca perhaps? Since he's such a nice man and stats don't matter and all that. 

Could take Alex with him as Social Media Manager/Fans Liaison officer. See what the Barca fans do when his dad is a prick to their club. 

14 minutes ago, Nobody said:

They are like. Neymar is the most prolific one, but it happens all the time in Spain.

Oh! I thought it was just a token value to deter clubs rather than be a serious amount (1bn €!)

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Oh! I thought it was just a token value to deter clubs rather than be a serious amount (1bn €!)

Well aye, that one is just a token amount, Barca were clearly stung by the Neymar transfer and don't want it happening again. Its usually the smaller clubs where it happens. 

Sociedad upped Isaks release clause from €40m to €90m this summer after his success. If it had stayed at 40, someone would have definitely met it soon enough like. 

4 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

It's gonna be Xavi. I know I shouldn't (I mean, he's only managed in Qatar) but I'm all the fuck in right now.

Would you prefer Ten Hag, Gallardo or Martinez to Xavi, or does his history and knowledge of the club sway it?  

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

@Nobody

How much should we pay for Isak do you think?

Haven't got a clue about Sociedads finances, but I highly doubt they'd sell him for less than the release clause. If we are filthy rich, I would pay the full €90m for him. He's got everything you want from a striker, and will only get better. 

14 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Haven't got a clue about Sociedads finances, but I highly doubt they'd sell him for less than the release clause. If we are filthy rich, I would pay the full €90m for him. He's got everything you want from a striker, and will only get better. 

No matter how much money we have and no matter how many top quality players we can attract, I don't want anyone if they're gonna take Wilson's spot in the XI. I love him.

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

Well aye, that one is just a token amount, Barca were clearly stung by the Neymar transfer and don't want it happening again. Its usually the smaller clubs where it happens. 

Sociedad upped Isaks release clause from €40m to €90m this summer after his success. If it had stayed at 40, someone would have definitely met it soon enough like. 

Yeah, think Arsenal were looking to sign him. Looks a fantastic prospect.

19 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

No matter how much money we have and no matter how many top quality players we can attract, I don't want anyone if they're gonna take Wilson's spot in the XI. I love him.

Absolutely no reason why they couldn't both play together, plus with Wilsons history with injuries, we need a proper replacement for him.