The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Just now, joeyt said:

Wonder if they'd go back in for Fonseca

If he has any pride at all, he’d knock them straight back- he said everything was agreed and they basically told him to do one so they could employ Nuno instead.

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

If he has any pride at all, he’d knock them straight back- he said everything was agreed and they basically told him to do one so they could employ Nuno instead.

Not according to some reports, a tax issue was what i read.

I love the absolute conviction that Fonesca would be a better appointment than Martinez, despite very little evidence to suggest so.

Is it because Fonseca or Favre haven't been in this league therefore represent a hope that they will be mint?

Newcastle fan suggesting Bruce as a replacement for Nuno, citing all the reasons that were given for why he should stay with us, was branded as 'sarcastic' on talksport.

*amidst a stream of Nuno out, time's up, got to go comments without any suggestion its unreasonable.

10games.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, STM said:

I love the absolute conviction that Fonesca would be a better appointment than Martinez, despite very little evidence to suggest so.

Is it because Fonseca or Favre haven't been in this league therefore represent a hope that they will be mint?

Do not get the Fonseca love, which does seem to be based on the fact he spoke well in a YouTube video and half the posters on here fancy him :lol:

Saying that I think Martinez would be a fucking disaster. 

10 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Not according to some reports, a tax issue was what i read.

One report has mentioned tax. Every other one is because the new DoF didn’t want him, and preferred Nuno. 

10 games is just a ridiculously short time to give a manager especially when he has won 5 of the 10 matches! The reaction to him by Spurs fans yesterday was more vitriolic than anything we ever did to Bruce but I dont see any uproar, so damn annoying how we are portrayed as deluded and ungrateful 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

One report has mentioned tax. Every other one is because the new DoF didn’t want him, and preferred Nuno. 

I think you're right, would be interesting to see his reaction if they do offer him the job again.

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

10 games is just a ridiculously short time to give a manager especially when he has won 5 of the 10 matches! The reaction to him by Spurs fans yesterday was more vitriolic than anything we ever did to Bruce but I dont see any uproar, so damn annoying how we are portrayed as deluded and ungrateful 

I try never to tell a club how they should feel about their manager. There's so many variables to what success looks like. From the outside its easy to say it looks like he's doing OK but the reality can often be different.

No club should hire a manager which the fans aren't fussed about. It's the same reason why Rafa will never win over Everton.

Insane nuno is reportedly on the chopping block. Unless they think they can steal ten Hag or get Conte another change this soon is madness. He hasn't had a chance and more than that hasn't done that badly lol.

They might be hearing whispers of people open to the Newcastle job and fancy a chance of persuading them to come to spurs. Still if this is the way they treat managers good luck with that.

25 minutes ago, STM said:

I try never to tell a club how they should feel about their manager. There's so many variables to what success looks like. From the outside its easy to say it looks like he's doing OK but the reality can often be different.

No club should hire a manager which the fans aren't fussed about. It's the same reason why Rafa will never win over Everton.

Yes I can definitely understand what you're saying. We have had that shite thrown at us under Bruce for over a year. If a clubs fans are all having a go at their manager despite the outside thinking its not that bad then I will usually side with the fans. They are the ones who watch every week. Just seems he hasn't had long enough and look alright when I saw them beat City and turned us over first match post takeover. Seen this on twitter and its 100% reminds me of us and Bruce:

Edited by Pokerprince2004

6 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Hopefully gives Mandy a boot up the arse to make a decision. 

It’s PIF making the decisions, so all the media say. Staveley is interviewing and passing on her thoughts to PIF. Just like the Bruce sacking. 

If Spurs are considering binning NES then you can guarantee that Levy has already started thinking about his replacement. He's leaked this today and he's already on it and if he can get something done this week then he'll bin him, if not he'll do it over the international break. He's a horrible little twat but he's ruthless and organised when it comes to shit like this. 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

If Spurs are considering binning NES then you can guarantee that Levy has already started thinking about his replacement. He's leaked this today and he's already on it and if he can get something done this week then he'll bin him, if not he'll do it over the international break. He's a horrible little twat but he's ruthless and organised when it comes to shit like this. 

Apart from when they sacked Mourinho and ended up with Nuno in the first place after ten other managers had turned them down ?