The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Laurent Blanc the favourite, for interim that is.

Hopefully he’ll do an Ole and they give him it permanently, endless perpetual averageness competing for the top 6 with Leicester and Arsenal et al.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

They got to finals in spite of him, not because of him.

It's not like getting to a Europa League final is impressive after getting knocked out of the CL, especially with that squad.

He's shit and I'll be amazed if he ever manages a good club again.

Getting to a cup final of an inferior competition to what you entered (because you were shite in that) and then losing said final to a crap team = positive.

:lol: 

Like claiming Pardew is a good manager because he got to a final once.

OGS has been a complete disaster and it’s been hilarious to watch. It’s also great seeing the plastic Man Utd fans have such low expectations.

Hopefully they’ll mess up this appointment too.

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Absolutely baffling giving him a new contract - he was always out of his depth.

2nd last year and beat on penalties in a cup final. He deserved a new deal. 

Made an arse of it this year obviously and deserved to go, but jesus people are fickle. He did a good job overall. He had to challenge this year it was as simple as that. He has left the squad in a good position and we're in pole position in the CL so the season is salvageable. 

Ten Hag and VdS in the summer please. 

Not a dig at anyone here but the general discourse around Solskjaer I've found incredibly tedious, so for that reason I'm glad he's gone. No interest in seeing ManU prosper of course but would love to see Zidane in the PL. 

To be fair, he’s done a decent job and would have probably taken them to another top 4 finish this season. He’s just not got the personality or tactical nous to make a good team into a great team in the same way Raneiri wasn’t at Chelsea which needed a Mourinho to get the job done. It says more about the people in charge at the club that they’ve basically wasted another season and even a blind man could have told them OGS should have only ever been a stop gap type appointment. Conte was available in the summer and would have been a great fit even if short-term, I feel they need to look at Chelsea as a model to follow managerial wise. The Ajax fella, I feel he’d flop there. I’d go all out for Zidane or Simeone, or I hear Keane wants back into management…

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not a dig at anyone here but the general discourse around Solskjaer I've found incredibly tedious, so for that reason I'm glad he's gone. No interest in seeing ManU prosper of course but would love to see Zidane in the PL. 

it was actually, for me anyway, a decent distraction from the shit show that was Ashley and Bruce’s NUFC. The OGS debate that is on here. 

5 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

@Froggy what are your thoughts on Carrick? I listened to some commentators saying the coaches were as responsible, if not more so, than Ole, on account of him delegating all the coaching and Man U looking generally disorganised and uncoached?

I would prefer a new manager to bring in their own staff to he honest. 

Just now, Raconteur said:

Greenwood? That’s all I could come up with…

Not Rashford who scored 20+ the last two seasons? Not Shaw who people were talking about as one of the best left backs on the planet during the Euros?

Seriously. Stop thinking of how poor we've been the last couple of months and look at the bigger picture. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Not Rashford who scored 20+ the last two seasons? Not Shaw who people were talking about as one of the best left backs on the planet during the Euros?

Seriously. Stop thinking of how poor we've been the last couple of months and look at the bigger picture. 

Rashford and Shaw were both good players once, and Ole got them back playing at their level. Fair dos. But did he make either of them better than they had previously shown? Or just better than they were under Mourinho?

Im not invested enough and don’t watch enough Man U games for my opinion to have any merit, but I don’t think that opinion is as outrageous as you’re suggesting?

Ole has not done that bad, his teams at times were oodles more fun to watch than Mourinho's. He is clearly not a manager who will ever compete for the champions league and he seemed to have run into a wall this season, and also why on earth did they not sign new midfielders, but depicting him as hopeless is nuts especially considering the behind the scenes dumpsterfire that is clearly man united. I can see him doing a perfectly decent mid tier premier league job. 

They are also totally fucked, they need a manager who will nurture a new young side into a more modern tactically astute side that can compete with the man citys and bayern munichs of the world. They also need a manager who won't piss off ronaldo by asking him to do some work or dropping him. They can't do both. Zidane probably would be best but he wants the France job doesnt he, why would he firefight?

Edited by Tiresias

I’m pleased for Solskjaer, he’s a proud footballing man but now he and his family will get a break from the horrendous abuse on social media, people calling him Noddy, comparing him to a terrible driver etc. The Solkjaer family are the real winners in this and Man Utd fans should be ashamed.

Edited by Kimbo