The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

33 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Rashford and Shaw were both good players once, and Ole got them back playing at their level. Fair dos. But did he make either of them better than they had previously shown? Or just better than they were under Mourinho?

Im not invested enough and don’t watch enough Man U games for my opinion to have any merit, but I don’t think that opinion is as outrageous as you’re suggesting?

Shaw was awful under Mourinho. They hated each other and Mourinho constantly threw him under the bus. 

Rashford is infinitely better than he was under anyone else. 

Fred, McTominay, Greenwood and Pogba have all also improved under Solskjaer. Fernandes has also been sublime but then he was in great form at Sporting too. 

None of this excuses how poor it has been this season though. Not making any excuses for it, simply not good enough. 

36 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Rashford and Shaw were both good players once, and Ole got them back playing at their level. Fair dos. But did he make either of them better than they had previously shown? Or just better than they were under Mourinho?

Im not invested enough and don’t watch enough Man U games for my opinion to have any merit, but I don’t think that opinion is as outrageous as you’re suggesting?

Shaw was always a good player, it just took him a while to get back to it after that horrific injury.

Weird for someone to claim OGS improved Rashford when he played his best football under Mourinho.

Fred and McTominay, two of the worst PL players being singled out as improved under OGS :lol: Fuck me, this bloke doesn’t have a clue.

There isn’t that much wrong with Man Utd’s squad, but they are too heavy in attacking talent and have struggled to fit them all in, and they also have some average (for this level) midfielders and have been unbalanced for a while. A sharp manager like Conte would probably find a winning formula with that squad, even if it meant upsetting someone or a few of the bigger names by leaving them out. I think Fernandez has obviously been a brilliant signing, but he looks kind of burnt out after his whirlwind run of games and stats and I’m not sure Ronaldo leading the line is best for his own game either. Any world-class coach would have these competing again within a transfer window or two easily, though. 

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Who do you want Froggy?

Out of all the names being touted then easily ten Hag at this point. 

Rodgers has a clear style of play, which is something Ole hasn't had this season. Although Rodgers got absolutely destroyed tactically yesterday and Leicester haven't been great in general. I'm not sure he has what it takes anymore. 

Zidane's record is insane as a manager but I just have an uneasy feeling about it but can't figure out why. High cost, high risk. I could see it ending in tears as well. 

I just feel ten Hag would bring a style of football that would be pleasing to watch, and at least Donny would get a game. :lol:

Just now, Froggy said:

Rodgers has a clear style of play, which is something Ole hasn't had this season. Although Rodgers got absolutely destroyed tactically yesterday and Leicester haven't been great in general. I'm not sure he has what it takes anymore. 

Zidane's record is insane as a manager but I just have an uneasy feeling about it but can't figure out why. High cost, high risk. I could see it ending in tears as well. 

I just feel ten Hag would bring a style of football that would be pleasing to watch, and at least Donny would get a game. :lol:

Zidane man, I feel he would do what he did at Madrid with Man Utd, if not exactly the same level of success, he’d at least have yous much closer to that kind of level. ten Hag, I feel he’d be a slow burner and would need a good few years, I’m not sure yous can now afford that. Do a Chelsea, find a manager that can make a good team into a great team, even if it only lasts a few years, Chelsea have almost perfected it. Conte would have been ideal. Someone, I’d throw the bank at him, he’s a short-term and long term. Hopefully they will go back to Fergie for some advice on who next to appoint…

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rodgers is a top manager/coach, but he’s similar to OGS in that he’s not quite at that elite level and I doubt he ever will be. He’d be a risk at this point despite being an upgrade in OGS.

Edited by HTT II

Rodgers is  funny one.

Certainly a very good manager, and in a limited league will win stuff (as demonstrated up here). I'm just not sure about his ability in a very competitive league at the highest level.

Think he will always be good enough to get a team competing and challenging, but winning things, consistently? Not sure. Not in the really tough leagues.

A top 6 manager yes, but top 2..just not sure at all.

Could see him bossing stuff in Holland/France etc for instance.

Thoughts and prayers with Ole’s parents having to witness the vicious, vile abuse their little boy received over the last few months. Hope they know Alex Bruce is only a phone call away.  

It’s disgusting the lengths some have gone to get him sacked, saw some arrogant, tattooed Portuguese fella and a plodding, slab headed fat lad in matching blue shirts doing everything possible to humiliate and shame him and themselves from 3pm yesterday. 

Hate to see it. 

Edited by JeffJ

After pundits and journos ignored all the shit results, crap football and his nastiness, then telling us how wonderful and good Steve Bruce is, he should be under consideration surely?

Edited by Bimpy474

Have added my comment to the Athletic, along with a few other Newcastle fans it seems, suggesting lovely bloke Steve Bruce to be the ideal candidate!

I would absolutely love to see him roll up his sleeves and get stuck into that job!

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Funniest and weirdest thing is ole refusing to use fergies parking spot or office. Just think sends wrong message immediately to players

Maybe because Ferguson is still there and employed by the club? (Itself a problem, given he allegedly recommended the appointments of Moyes, Mourinho and Ole). Can just imagine fisticuffs between auld red nose and nice guy ole over the parking space. Or do you mean the generic manager space?