The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

44 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Weird, surely after suffering such terrible abuse here as he states, Bruce wouldn’t  want to go through what Ole just did?

Can we stop entertaining the idea that we would ever hire Bruce. :lol:

Great news for Micheal Carrick. I hope he goes down the student of the game route, rather than the PFM one.

If I was Carrick, I'd be begging for the job until the summer. Would put him in a great place for a management job elsewhere.

If they can’t pry Poch away now, they’ll get him over the summer. Someone like Carrick or Rooney in the interim.

If Giggs didn’t have a shot at the WC with Wales, he’d be my bet for the interim gig.

5 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

If they can’t pry Poch away now, they’ll get him over the summer. Someone like Carrick or Rooney in the interim.

If Giggs didn’t have a shot at the WC with Wales, he’d be my bet for the interim gig.

I think the upcoming court appearance rules out Giggs more than anything Wales may or may not be doing 

27 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Giggs hasn’t managed Wales for ages 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Giggs hasn’t managed Wales for ages 

Still technically the manager though isn’t he? Don’t think he was formally sacked.

Regardess, he’ll not be in the frame for ManU as long as he has charges pending.

59 minutes ago, Abra Dubravka said:

Aye, that was the place! 

Out of interest where would you rank them? 

Mourinho

Ole

Van Gaal 

Moyes

I really didn't like Mourinho either, but unfortunately can't overlook how awful we have been this season. 

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

It'll take Bruce at Man Utd for the pundit class to own up and admit he's not a premier league manager.

He'll still have apologists. But they won't lose their jobs. Incompetents look out for one another.

OGS was never a Premier League manager, and was never being linked with jobs since whimpering back to Molde after relegating Cardiff. Similarly, Bruce was never a Premier League manager. He was finished at PL by time Ashley throw him a bone, he was finished at PL by time he took Villa job, let alone failing there and pitching up at Sheff Wed. 

We can all see that; fans off all above clubs mentioned can see and appreciate this - but it's far too candid of an opinion for media to be pushing, especially considering the best-buds nature between Bruce and seemingly everyone aside from Stan Collymore.

End of the day, Bruce will never be interim at Man United. That being said, it's hilarious seeing the levels of Emperor's New Clothes with him even being linked by the loon Sol Campbell - everyone knows he's a bag of shit as a manager, and always has been; but you can't go round saying it unless he's had the misfortune of managing your club - especially if he's a media darling, and club legend.

Edited by Abra Dubravka

Why do.MannUtd always like this interim thing? Giggs has done it before. Wasn't Ole also there on temporary basis before getting it full time? Just hire someone immediately to sort the season out.

By the way, if Bruce ever gets the.job and he fails horrendously like everyone knows he will, media will say the Geordies broke Steve Bruce. He was abused so badly he lost his touch. Damn you Newcastle.

All very tin-pot this 'interim' notion. Got OGS on a loan from Molde to begin with, fuck sake - who gets a manager in on loan. Richest club in world, aye well done.

Hate to sight Simon Jordan as a spectrum of sense; Manchester United are being run as a business, and solely that - no sporting adventure at all - principally the same with Ashley and us.

Man United's share price was so low going into Watford game, coming out off it with that result without sacking OGS would have cost MU hundreds of millions.

OGS needed to be sacked to stabilise the market price of 'Manchester United'. If he wasn't sacked, when market opened Monday 'Manchester United' would have seen their value drop by hundreds of millions. It would have cost Glazer's money. 

As funny as it is to see Man U be fucking awful, and long may it continue; it's fare to say they are the first in football club in history that winning games, winning trophies actually doesn't matter; success for Manchester United is now defined at the boardroom level, not on the pitch. 

For that above reasoning I can feel for fans of that club; we had our soul ripped out by Ashley. It's no wonder those fans got a game stopped not ago.

All I can say is, thank fuck we're now inside the tent pissing out...

46 minutes ago, Abra Dubravka said:

All very tin-pot this 'interim' notion. Got OGS on a loan from Molde to begin with, fuck sake - who gets a manager in on loan. Richest club in world, aye well done.

Hate to sight Simon Jordan as a spectrum of sense; Manchester United are being run as a business, and solely that - no sporting adventure at all - principally the same with Ashley and us.

Man United's share price was so low going into Watford game, coming out off it with that result without sacking OGS would have cost MU hundreds of millions.

OGS needed to be sacked to stabilise the market price of 'Manchester United'. If he wasn't sacked, when market opened Monday 'Manchester United' would have seen their value drop by hundreds of millions. It would have cost Glazer's money. 

As funny as it is to see Man U be fucking awful, and long may it continue; it's fare to say they are the first in football club in history that winning games, winning trophies actually doesn't matter; success for Manchester United is now defined at the boardroom level, not on the pitch. 

For that above reasoning I can feel for fans of that club; we had our soul ripped out by Ashley. It's no wonder those fans got a game stopped not ago.

All I can say is, thank fuck we're now inside the tent pissing out...

Well, they’re not. Plenty of others, but they don’t matter… It’s only apparently an issue worth raising when it’s Man Utd.

A weird comment for an NUFC fan to make after the Ashley years.

I must have forgotten all of the sympathy Man Utd fans gave us with Ashley. Fuck them. Hope they crash and burn. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well, they’re not. Plenty of others, but they don’t matter… It’s only apparently an issue worth raising when it’s Man Utd.

A weird comment for an NUFC fan to make after the Ashley years.

I must have forgotten all of the sympathy Man Utd fans gave us with Ashley. Fuck them. Hope they crash and burn. 

I think you're the one making it weird. I think it's quite clear the comparison, Ashley drained us for 15 years.

Can understand MU fans voicing complaints that Glazer's are killing their club; Ronaldo signs in summer, they sell shares - when they drop too low, they finally sack OGS. Man U fans will always cry back to their culture, SAF; but it's never coming back. Man United won't win the league for another 10 years, but Glazer's will continue to drain money. 

It doesn't matter anymore if MU win the league, or finish 7th - as long as Glazer's protect their share price; that's principally Ashley's view point with us - as long as we stay up mentality. 

Owners having that approach to any club rips the soul from what truly means to support a club, and eventually destroys that 'football club' - don't care if it's us, Man United, Blackpool, Wimbledon, Bury, Charlton, list is endless... 

It's arrogant now to say; but I'm so pleased we've got the takeover, and now have 'fuck you money'. *sigh of relief*

Interim manager is totally tin pot, let's not forget...

8 minutes ago, Abra Dubravka said:

I think you're the one making it weird. I think it's quite clear the comparison, Ashley drained us for 15 years.

Can understand MU fans voicing complaints that Glazer's are killing their club; Ronaldo signs in summer, they sell shares - when they drop too low, they finally sack OGS. Man U fans will always cry back to their culture, SAF; but it's never coming back. Man United won't win the league for another 10 years, but Glazer's will continue to drain money. 

It doesn't matter anymore if MU win the league, or finish 7th - as long as Glazer's protect their share price; that's principally Ashley's view point with us - as long as we stay up mentality. 

Owners having that approach to any club rips the soul from what truly means to support a club, and eventually destroys that 'football club' - don't care if it's us, Man United, Blackpool, Wimbledon, Bury, Charlton, list is endless... 

It's arrogant now to say; but I'm so pleased we've got the takeover, and now have 'fuck you money'. *sigh of relief*

Interim manager is totally tin pot, let's not forget...

The point I was responding to was you saying Man Utd were the first club where winning trophies doesn’t matter.

I was pointing out, they’re absolutely not.