The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Such a risky appointment, has only ever managed in shit leagues that are dominated by 2/3 teams and the one time he did manage in a competitive league he got relegated 

Edited by Nine

Just like Gerrard I think Rooney has something about him as a manager. Might be a step too big for him right now but think he'd have given the club a lift so very glad it's not happening. This guy seems like a disaster waiting to happen. At best he does OK. 

Rafa can only go to an ambitious championship club or smaller team abroad now, Everton fans and the fleet street hacks have really done a number on him (TBF he's also made some poor choices) 

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Surely Benitez will take some time out of the game now.

You’d hope so for his health and well-being. If he’s bored, we should invite him to come in and coach our academy teams or rather their coaches.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I definitely got a notification from the Athletic saying he’s been sacked but can’t see it on the Watford Twitter page?

Can’t find the article either.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I definitely got a notification from the Athletic saying he’s been sacked but can’t see it on the Watford Twitter page?

Can’t find the article either.

It's definitely there, I've just read it on the app.

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

What's the incentive for taking the job other than for the pay off? Wonder if this could mean the return of a classic PFM to th league?!?

Get one of the old boys put for a last rodeo, Curbishley with Phil Brown as assistant and Sammy Lee as his assistant

Anyone else reckon it should be the transfer window? You can make managerial changes during the summer and January, that’s it. I know that would mean this would have been technically fine but I don’t think you should be able to go through 3 managers in a season, like. If you sign a dud, you have to wait until the window, managers should be the same.