The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Just now, toontownman said:

Huge pressure Everton getting their appointment right. 

Well they seem against that Vítor Pereira that's been linked. No idea who they could go for. Don't think Lampard would work and unsure if Rooney would leave Derby yet either.

On 02/12/2017 at 19:21, Vivian Darkbloom said:

I coined the term 'managerial merry-go-round'. I used it on a few different forums and whatnot before it was in common use and then I presume it got picked up. To be honest though, it's not even a particularly accurate metaphor.

@ManDoon:2funny:

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Well they seem against that Vítor Pereira that's been linked. No idea who they could go for. Don't think Lampard would work and unsure if Rooney would leave Derby yet either.

Everton fans?

Seems like its Pereira the board want. Could end well if thats the case! 

Edit: Apologies, just saw this, if this is what you were talking about https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-pull-away-naming-vitor-26038340 

Edited by toontownman

Just now, toontownman said:

Everton fans?

Seems like its Pereira the board want. Could end well if thats the case! 

Yeah the fans seem against the idea, should've said. Dunno who their fans will accept. Given the board went for a manager who the fans didn't want in the summer and it's been as disastrous as it has been, I'm unsure what they'll do. If they weren't in so much trouble I'd have seen them giving it to Ferguson to the end of the season.

1 minute ago, DMLeazesender said:

I can see I stand alone on this but I still think its to our advantage. I can't see the players lifting their game for someone who they know is not going to be there long term and the same applies to the fans, they must be sick of it. 

Yep! It is chaos at Watford, worse at Everton. Norwich have some consistency but might not have enough quality, likewise Burnley. Like the latter two we might lack a bit of quality but our camp is absolutely united together, fans, ownership and staff all pushing in the right direction with positivity. Hopefully we pull away and before it goes down to the wire!

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Yep! It is chaos at Watford, worse at Everton. Norwich have some consistency but might not have enough quality, likewise Burnley. Like the latter two we might lack a bit of quality but our camp is absolutely united together, fans, ownership and staff all pushing in the right direction with positivity. Hopefully we pull away and before it goes down to the wire!

Exactly, agree with all of that - even Brentford could get drawn into as they seem to have lost their early season sparkle. We re the only team on a positive ascendency.

23 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Woy would be a fantastic appointment for them. He knows how to organise a defence and is well suited to setting them up to play on the counter. 

Unreassuringly sensible n all.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Unreassuringly sensible n all.

Aye, that’s my worry too. Watford should be extremely dangerous on the counter with the pace they have. 

Although, with that being said, if Claudio couldn’t get it out of them maybe Woy can’t either. 

Claudio and Roy have a similar identity. 

He's certainly shown previously with Fulham and West Brom that he can turn things around midseason (granted that was 10 years ago). I also think that Watford squad definitely has some counter attacking quality just like  his Palace side did. Where I question them is defensively. That Palace defence was a very domestic, known-quantity, type of group. Watford have defenders with PL experience, but they also have a group of players from abroad that they've clearly taken a punt on.