Everton vs Newcastle United - 30/09/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

TRC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He strikes me as the kind of player who'll be perennially injured in some way. We'll just have to see if he plays.

Aye, those comments about "if I'm not 100%, I won't play" don't exactly fill me with confidence.

He strikes me as the kind of player who'll be perennially injured in some way. We'll just have to see if he plays.

He's been very fit and available his whole career with the exception of the nearly career-ending heart ailment.

“My profile as a player is that when I’ve got a small problem, things become difficult. It might sound pretentious but the physios say to me that I’m like an F1 car. Whenever I’ve got a small problem, it’s straight into the pits.

“When I’m 100 per cent I can do very good things but when there’s something not right in my head, something bothering me, then it becomes a bit difficult.”

:dontknow:

He's been very fit and available his whole career with the exception of the nearly career-ending heart ailment.

“My profile as a player is that when I’ve got a small problem, things become difficult. It might sound pretentious but the physios say to me that I’m like an F1 car. Whenever I’ve got a small problem, it’s straight into the pits.

“When I’m 100 per cent I can do very good things but when there’s something not right in my head, something bothering me, then it becomes a bit difficult.”

:dontknow:

Yeah, I don't know what to make of those comments, to be honest with you. He missed the Euros and had problems with with his groin/thigh throughout most of the the first half of last season, but he has still managed 30+ appearances for most every season of his career thus far. Maybe he is simply prone to muscle injuries.

I f***ing hate Everton tbh, been a set of c***s ever since that one pardew comment taking massively out of context.

Their reaction to the quote is embarrassing to them as it shows them as not being very intelligent. Every time they bring it up it amuses me. It's not for nothing that we call them the Scouse Mackems.

This. They have the same downtrodden, chip on the shoulder, bitter as fuck small time attitude. Worst away ground I've been to, small, shit, old and in a tip of an area.

Not even sure where to start with this tripe.

I think having the chance to compete in Europe taken away from us when we were one of the best clubs in the land - nay, the best club in the land - will tend to cause some friction. It's hardly unreasonable to say that dramatically influenced the direction we took. I don't think it's something to constantly point to, no, but yeah - I think having that chance taken away from us might cause a bit of bitterness, wouldn't you say?

When your neighbours are one of the most successful clubs in the history of European football, that will also tend to cause some friction. It's not some random, overly played small-time mentality when your neighbours are able to boast that level of success and are still to this day, despite a large section of their fans still living in the past, one of the biggest clubs in the entire world and eminently recognisable wherever you go in the world. That will irk a few fans, wouldn't you say?

On a different note, congratulations on not liking us. A lot of Everton fans don't like Newcastle. Some Everton fans quite like Newcastle. And get this - some Newcastle fans quite like Everton. Blimey. Funny old world ey?

Considering you're labelling us as "bitter as fuck", you seem to have a bit of a "chip on your shoulder."

I f***ing hate Everton tbh, been a set of c***s ever since that one pardew comment taking massively out of context.

Their reaction to the quote is embarrassing to them as it shows them as not being very intelligent. Every time they bring it up it amuses me. It's not for nothing that we call them the Scouse Mackems.

This. They have the same downtrodden, chip on the shoulder, bitter as fuck small time attitude. Worst away ground I've been to, small, shit, old and in a tip of an area.

Give me their shit, old tip over the modern out of a box plastic shite at Hull, Southampton etc any day.

Give me their shit, old tip over the modern out of a box plastic shite at Hull, Southampton etc any day.

:thup:

This. They have the same downtrodden, chip on the shoulder, bitter as f*** small time attitude. Worst away ground I've been to, small, s***, old and in a tip of an area.

Not even sure where to start with this tripe.

I think having the chance to compete in Europe taken away from us when we were one of the best clubs in the land - nay, the best club in the land - will tend to cause some friction. It's hardly unreasonable to say that dramatically influenced the direction we took. I don't think it's something to constantly point to, no, but yeah - I think having that chance taken away from us might cause a bit of bitterness, wouldn't you say?

When your neighbours are one of the most successful clubs in the history of European football, that will also tend to cause some friction. It's not some random, overly played small-time mentality when your neighbours are able to boast that level of success and are still to this day, despite a large section of their fans still living in the past, one of the biggest clubs in the entire world and eminently recognisable wherever you go in the world. That will irk a few fans, wouldn't you say?

On a different note, congratulations on not liking us. A lot of Everton fans don't like Newcastle. Some Everton fans quite like Newcastle. And get this - some Newcastle fans quite like Everton. Blimey. Funny old world ey?

Considering you're labelling us as "bitter as f***", you seem to have a bit of a "chip on your shoulder."

You were exempt from that tbh. But if you want to get into it fine. I've got zero chip on my shoulder, I had zero problem with Everton, until pardew seems to have offended their sensitive nature and tbh I've grown tired of reading/seeing the utter shit they spout on twitter. That blog just about sums it up, it's not personal so don't take it that way.

Come on, man. I'm not going to read your post and just think "ah, cool stuff."

Few people overreacted to some stupid comments from Pardew. That's not to say it's a surprise some people got wound up by them. Wouldn't you if it was the other way round? I find them very disrespectful at best. Possibly even more so coming from someone of Alan Pardew's 'stature' in the game.

Now, people are overreacting to people overreacting. It's absolutely stupid. Have whatever opinion you have on us, but saying it's because some of our fans got pissed off at Alan Pardew is just odd.

There was zero problems between both sets of supporters from what i can tell till these immature twatter idiots started acting like pricks.

Personally i have zero problems with Everton and i'm not just saying that because Neil is here, sometimes you just have to ignore the idiots and look at the bigger picture.

Anyway hoping for a good game tomorrow and what everyone is talking about afterwards is the football and not this crap.

This Everton hating us thing seems to be an internet thing that has developed since we signed Emre. Very bizarre, considering the total indifference I have for them as a club.

Were Parker and Emre not supposed to be their top targets that summer?

They're a real club with real passion and generally real people. :dontknow: They're way, way down the list of PL clubs I've got a problem with.

Can be a vicious bunch of cunts. Remember having bother with these fuckers regular over the years. From punch ups in Stanley Park to having bricks hurled at us to one of the lads being hit on the head with a hammer.

They're a nice bunch.