Where are you from and where do you live? (currently)

Belfast Mags

Mine will certainly be the most boring answer no doubt :)

Born and bred in Belfast (hence the shit and badly thought through username) and live 5 miles from where I was born & brought up.

That's it, I've moved a paltry 5 miles in nearly 40 years on this planet.

That being said, I'm quite well travelled (in a holidaying sense) been loads of places, but I've never considered moving or living anywhere else.

I know this question is covered in the "introduce yourself to the forum" thread, but honestly having read through loads of pages of it, I hardly recognise anyone that's posted in there  :lol:

There's about 20 regulars and the rest are total randoms who no longer post/never posted.

Would be interesting to know where everyone comes from (originally) and where they live now (and how/why you ended up there)

I'm from Newry, which is 30 mins down the road from Belfast Mags.

I currently live in Sydney.

Quite well travelled myself. Aside from Australia, I've been to Canada and most places in Europe. While I'm over this side of the World I'll be doing New Zealand and Asia more than likely. I'll be going back home for a month or two then the plan is go to Canada for two years on a working holiday, then try to make the cross into America, meet Mike and stay there.

:thup:

Yorkshire born and bred. Antiquated market town called Pickering, not far from York and Scarborough. That's where I grew up and where I am at the moment, but hopefully it won't be for too much longer, as fond as I am of the place. Lived in Newcastle for three years whilst at uni and would love to go back, but tbh I would gladly settle in any northern English urban area. Certainly have no desire to live abroad.

Was born in Bristol because me da was working there at the time, but thank fuck I was brought up to Newcastle when I was 6 months old. My family's from all over, but if you dig deep enough their roots are all Irish. Some are Scots, some English, but they're all really Irish. :lol: This cider's really working now.

My dad was a proud Scot and my mam from Yorkshire. Feisty little buggers the two of them. Can't imagine why they got divorced. :lol:

:okay:

Actually that explains what I am. Dammit.

Yorkshire born and bred. Antiquated market town called Pickering, not far from York and Scarborough. That's where I grew up and where I am at the moment, but hopefully it won't be for too much longer, as fond as I am of the place. Lived in Newcastle for three years whilst at uni and would love to go back, but tbh I would gladly settle in any northern English urban area. Certainly have no desire to live abroad.

Is that the one right next to Flamingo Land?

I remember parking being a nightmare in Pickering.

We have loads of Irish on here like. Amazing how you lot avoided supporting Liverpool and Man Utd. Credit to you.

Unfortunately we were good back in the day. God bless our lack of affiliation with Rangers/Celtic though.

Lived in the same house in a suburb south of Detroit called Riverview, until I moved to Chicago a few years ago. My parents just moved out of that house, so my homebase is now north of Detroit in Livonia and will presumably be the place I live in a few months. Also went to school for nine months in a city called Mt. Pleasant, absolutely pointless place, nothing to do and stuck in the middle of the state.

Me Da was a lapsed football fan who was attracted back to it by the wonders of Keegan and The Entertainers and hasn't looked back since that's how I ended up with Newcastle. I remember a few plastic Manc family members buying me United stuff but then I got this one Christmas

http://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/avactis-images/new95hs_s_4.jpg

I'm not from the area and I don't get to the matches so I don't claim to be a superfan or anything but believe me a win/loss on a Saturday for us is the difference between a good or bad day for me. Being part of the forum really makes you feel part of it all from afar aswell. Supported the club out of obligation alongside my Da but Sir Bobby was the difference maker for me, what a gent and a man I still look up too even after he's gone. Absolutely love this club like, wouldn't trade the years of stick iv'e got off of Mancs, Liverpool or Celtic fans who only put the boot in when they win something for anything. 

Born and bred in Newcastle (Kingston Park - Kenton school). Currently living in Guiyang in south-west China. Lived in Newcastle until I was 18, then went to Edinburgh for 4 years for uni, then Chile for a year for a job, back to Cambridge for a year for uni, now I should be in China for a year - for a job. I'm hoping to move to the US next year for a prolonged period. None of my moving around is any reflection on Newcastle, I love Newcastle, probably appreciate it more since I left. I just want to live around while I'm not tied down. I'll probably never move back, but I will be tempted, especially if I have a kid. I'd like to be in match day distance though (Edinburgh's perfect)!

(My mam's from Hexham and my dad from Forres, a little town near Elgin/Inverness.)

EDIT:

There's a few toon fans here in Chicago! That may be where I'm moving, good to know.

Born in London, but moved to Dorset when I was a couple of months old.  Moved to Newcastle when I was 20 and stayed there for 10 years.  Would have stayed longer but there's absolutely nothing in my field there.  Spent the summer working in Aberdeen, then moved to Nottingham a week ago to start my PhD.

'68Wallsend upper flat with no fitted kitchen, no bathroom, toilet in Garden.                 

c'72BattleHill Parents got a council house. 

'89Shields/wallsend lived at various places with mates.

'93Heaton bought my 1st Flat-

94Monkseaton  got lass pregnant moved in to her flat.

98 Monkseaton bought  House.

'02Chirton Split with her and got a council Flat

'12Preston Farm, Bunglow.