Dyer - No end product?

Cajun

In the past Dyer has been well known for skill and pace but little end product but is this still the case or is it just an easy thing to come up with because its always been said?

If you look back to the few games we have managed to get out of him I would say its possibly not true.

* Great run of form the season we went out to sporting in the UEFA scoring a few goals

* Come back vs West Brom? Changing the game and getting an assist (maybe 2)

* His form again since he has come back, completely changing the way we play, making us look a hell of a lot better in attack and scoring a very good goal against Arsenal.

I bet if you looked at the stats (ie werent as lazy as me) the last 10-15 games we have gotten from him I reckon he has scored, created or at least been heavily involved in a majority of the goals we have scored.

In the past Dyer has been well known for skill and pace but little end product but is this still the case or is it just an easy thing to come up with because its always been said?

If you look back to the few games we have managed to get out of him I would say its possibly not true.

* Great run of form the season we went out to sporting in the UEFA scoring a few goals

* His form again since he has come back, completely changing the way we play, making us look a hell of a lot better in attack and scoring a very good goal against Arsenal.

I bet if you looked at the stats (ie werent as lazy as me) the last 10-15 games we have gotten from him I reckon he has scored, created or at least been heavily involved in a majority of the goals we have scored.

Don't forget about his excellent pass to Martins for the disallowed goal. Can't blame anyone but the linesman for that "end product"

Thats good going for six years and £20m in the bank.

How wrong we all were eh?

Thats good going for six years and £20m in the bank.

How wrong we all were eh?

Although he hasn't been the best player we've had, in comparison to likeness' we have expended upon in recent years, he pisses on them, what does that say...?

I never claimed he was worth the money or anything like that, my point is he is often slated for his lack of end product when in fact the very few games we do get out of him he does seem to have one.

Injuries, earning too much, being a bling tosser have been and will be discussed im sure in other threads. This one is about his end product which I think probably is a lot better than people give him credit for due to a reputation earned earlier in his career.

I never claimed he was worth the money or anything like that, my point is he is often slated for his lack of end product when in fact the very few games we do get out of him he does seem to have one.

Injuries, earning too much, being a bling tosser have been and will be discussed im sure in other threads. This one is about his end product which I think probably is a lot better than people give him credit for due to a reputation earned earlier in his career.

Reckon youre right. Though, it's not strange that he has kept his reputation since he's not playing. Don't mean that as to criticise dyer, just saying

He just puts the opposition on their heels when he has the ball, and that has to count for something.  We're just in a more attacking mode when he's playing.  Even if he never scored, we'd be a better team with him in it. 

Guest theunis

He may earn to much, but think at the current state we where his latest come back is really just want we needed. We do look a whole lot better, and he may or may not have the end product but he sure making great viewing for us lately