Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sat 19th October @ 12.45pm (live on BT Sport)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need to come out with intensity and energy from the first minute of this match. The two times this season we have come against sides that are "of a higher level" (Everton really shouldn't be, but are at the moment) the match has been over after half an hour and we have conceded multiple chances and inevitably a goal within the first five minutes. We suffer from premature capitulation. Especially at home, we need to set the pattern of the match in the first twenty minutes be more combative throughout the team.

Guest bimpy474

Although they beat Sunderland, Sunderland gave them a fairly toughish time. I think that was due to the 3-5-2 Liverpool are using which Sunderland did quite well at exploiting. But with a lack of quality they couldn't carry it through. If we can get it right we could give them a decent game.

Just dont lose to these scumbags please.

It was more to do with Henderson and Enrique being surprisingly shit at wing back.

Henderson didn't get back enough & Enrique didn't get forward enough, it was a bizzare match.

Aye but they didn't exactly impress in midfield either. I think we can get at them if they stick with the 3 at the back. It's our defending I'm worried about but if we can stay in the game I think we can get something.

You guys are over-rating us way too much. Our midfield is a mess when we get pressed, but hopefully Pardew won't pick up on that.

If Johnson is fit, I'll be confident of a win, if not a score draw. I hope we keep playing 3-4-1-2 and get Suarez isolated in that channel between Williamson and Debuchy.

I think you might just be OK on that score.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Although they beat Sunderland, Sunderland gave them a fairly toughish time. I think that was due to the 3-5-2 Liverpool are using which Sunderland did quite well at exploiting. But with a lack of quality they couldn't carry it through. If we can get it right we could give them a decent game.

It was more to do with Henderson and Enrique being surprisingly s*** at wing back.

Henderson didn't get back enough & Enrique didn't get forward enough, it was a bizzare match.

Aye but they didn't exactly impress in midfield either. I think we can get at them if they stick with the 3 at the back. It's our defending I'm worried about but if we can stay in the game I think we can get something.

Staying in the game will be important - because you really don't want to be chasing it when they've got Sturridge & Suarez on the break.

Guest bimpy474

It was more to do with Henderson and Enrique being surprisingly s*** at wing back.

Staying in the game will be important - because you really don't want to be chasing it when they've got Sturridge & Suarez on the break.

Yep that'll be the danger, be interesting if we can get the opening goal though. I'd quite fancy us on the break down their wings if they're chasing the game themselves.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yep that'll be the danger, be interesting if we can get the opening goal though. I'd quite fancy us on the break down their wings if they're chasing the game themselves.

Definitely - I think last time we were utter devoid of confidence and we had an embarrasment of riches regarding white flags.

I'd like to think we can exploit their wings too but it's really our back four that's worrying me. Well - lack of Colo really.

Guest bimpy474

Definitely - I think last time we were utter devoid of confidence and we had an embarrasment of riches regarding white flags.

I'd like to think we can exploit their wings too but it's really our back four that's worrying me. Well - lack of Colo really.

I reckon we will find it tough with Colo (if he plays) tbh. If we can keep the ball early on and stop them from getting going and most definitely not play a high line like last time. Press their midfield and we could get on top.

They are vunerable, it just depends on which one of us turns up. And for once, could we not let Steven Gerrard have so much time on the ball, it does my head in every time.

Guest bimpy474

RE Gerrard - He brings a directness to Rodgers football - which pretty much makes the team for me.

And why it baffles me why we never stick someone close to him, stopping him making them tick.

Conceding early is the big fear, if we are 1 down in the first 10 minutes, I can see us getting our pants pulled down again.

I'd love to see us just fucking going for it from the off, tackles flying in, putting a marker down ourselves etc, can't see it mind, but it would be nice to show a bit of fight (especially at home) and not let this lot roll in and piss on our chips again.

Guest stuart316

What are the chances of picking up a ticket for this outside the ground on Saturday?  I don't want to pay the £30 membership fee or the £20 viagogo fees much.

Sorry if this is in the wrong bit.