Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sat 19th October @ 12.45pm (live on BT Sport)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12.45 KO with the majority of the crowd going into it expecting a hammering isn't going to make for a good atmosphere. It's the first home game I haven't been looking forward to in a while, just hoping we aren't out of the game in the first 30 minutes.

Planning on getting wankered on Friday night so this will be grim shit to get up to. Plus, of the 50-odd staff I work with the most at work I'm sure a good 30-40% of the ones who like football are Liverpool fans. :anguish:

Guest icemanblue

When was the last time we expected a defeat so heavy and actually played well?

Going from the pre-match thread, Cardiff away. :yao:

Aye, pretty much any game we've won in the last 12 months. :lol:

Anyway, quite looking forward to this. Feels like an absolute age since I was last at St James'.

Anyway, quite looking forward to this. Feels like an absolute age since I was last at St James'.

I'm talking about when we expect to get spanked. The players seem to think like this as well and just don't even bother. City and Liverpool last season being the latest examples.

Guest icemanblue

I'm talking about when we expect to get spanked. The players seem to think like this as well and just don't even bother. City and Liverpool last season being the latest examples.

And we're saying, on here at least, that's every game.

And we're saying, on here at least, that's every game.

Having a quick browse through the first few pages of the thread, no one really predicted getting spanked off Cardiff except you.

Oh, I don't know. We lost last night, so probably 15 or 16-0.

Guest icemanblue

What is this egg doing all over my face? One moment of weakness, and I've been punished.

However, after reading 'the first few pages' of that thread myself. I couldn't help but notice the following:

3-1.

Defeat.

Another game another bewildering loss.
Guess who that one is from. :lol:

Lose 3-1

Is Mapou still alive? Has he been given residency in the Morpeth Looney Bin?

Let's fling him into the defence for this one, there are no big powerhouses to contend with but more his type of pacey forward. Not sure if I want to see Willo turned inside out against Sturridge and Gnasher...

I would go for the following (tin hat):

------------------------Krul--------------------------

Debuchy-----Tayls-------Mapou--------Santon

-------Cabs--------Tiote--------Sissoko------

---Hba-----------Goufff--------------Remy----

Started with HBA on right cos he can skin enrique. Don't want Cisse up front to begin with, would rather Gouff chased down balls and put effort into pressurising them from the off.

Mapou instead of Willo as both their forwards are pacey and tricky... (Could actually finish the guy off, or redeem him...)

Is Mapou still alive? Has he been given residency in the Morpeth Looney Bin?

Let's fling him into the defence for this one, there are no big powerhouses to contend with but more his type of pacey forward. Not sure if I want to see Willo turned inside out against Sturridge and Gnasher...

I would go for the following (tin hat):

------------------------Krul--------------------------

Debuchy-----Tayls-------Mapou--------Santon

-------Cabs--------Tiote--------Sissoko------

---Hba-----------Goufff--------------Remy----

Started with HBA on right cos he can skin enrique. Don't want Cisse up front to begin with, would rather Gouff chased down balls and put effort into pressurising them from the off.

Mapou instead of Willo as both their forwards are pacey and tricky... (Could actually finish the guy off, or redeem him...)

Anita in for Tiote and that's probably the best side.

I just cant see us Stopping Sturridge and Suarez.

They'll be all over us like Beren's shoes.

Drawn a few compliments at work I'll have you know :razz: The picture must have been misleading.

Think the match will depend on how long we keep a clean sheet for - if we concede early, I can see head's dropping. If we can stay in the game for long enough to get a foothold, it could be something of a competition if we can raise our game.

The character of the dressing room will be under the microscope - after getting thrashed by six last time, you'd expect (or rather hope for!) some fire and guts on show to put things right and to restore some professional pride - not cowardly fouls or Cattermolesque aggression or anything like that, but some discipline and hard graft.