Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sat 19th October @ 12.45pm (live on BT Sport)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mapou Taylor and Debuchy were all part of the defence that played in the horror show last year. But with Colo injured? (also has a history of struggles against Suarez ) with Williamson the only other option. We don't really have much we can do.

Basically hope any combination of Taylor, Williamson and Mapou have amazing games and hope the midfield and fullbacks protect them properly this time.

I just cant see us Stopping Sturridge and Suarez.

They'll be all over us like Beren's shoes.

Drawn a few compliments at work I'll have you know :razz: The picture must have been misleading.

Think the match will depend on how long we keep a clean sheet for - if we concede early, I can see head's dropping. If we can stay in the game for long enough to get a foothold, it could be something of a competition if we can raise our game.

The character of the dressing room will be under the microscope - after getting thrashed by six last time, you'd expect (or rather hope for!) some fire and guts on show to put things right and to restore some professional pride - not cowardly fouls or Cattermolesque aggression or anything like that, but some discipline and hard graft.

:lol:

Aye, if we can keep it at 0-0 for aslong as possible we may stand a chance.

Haidara was by far the worst player on the pitch in that game. The other 3 were poor, don't get me wrong.

Was he? The whole team was extremely poor throughout. I vividly remember that game and two goals came from ridiculous give aways, two others came from Taylor not being able to play offside and Mbiwa not challenging a long ball against Sturridge, the sixth after Debuchy decided to take early showers. In terms of culbability for the result, others were in line before him.

Obviously I don't believe we'll win 2:0 :lol:  But it makes a change in this morose fucking thread doesn't it? :thup:

We'll probably lose, but I'm not going to accept its a dead cert.  Our record at home against this lot isn't bad at all recently (2 wins 1 loss out of the last 3), and while they've improved lately while we've been pardewed, I still think we've got a decent chance of a result.

Obviously I don't believe we'll win 2:0 :lol:  But it makes a change in this morose f***ing thread doesn't it? :thup:

We'll probably lose, but I'm not going to accept its a dead cert.  Our record at home against this lot isn't bad at all recently (2 wins 1 loss out of the last 3), and while they've improved lately while we've been pardewed, I still think we've got a decent chance of a result.

I was my most optimistic for years against Hull, told the lads I go to match with, was proper upbeat and then boom back to pessimistic, find it best not to get my hopes up or be positive with regards to our shambles of a club.

Never has defeat been more certain looking at the ambition of their owners compared to ours. A wedge at the bookies on a scouse win will deaden the pain a little. Will not be able to watch this one. Too painful.

Fuck off Ashley!!!

Obviously I don't believe we'll win 2:0 :lol:  But it makes a change in this morose fucking thread doesn't it? :thup:

So deluded. Accept your fate as minnows!

Never has defeat been more certain looking at the ambition of their owners compared to ours. A wedge at the bookies on a scouse win will deaden the pain a little. Will not be able to watch this one. Too painful.

Fuck off Ashley!!!

:lol:

Think we will nick it, Liverpool ain't all that.

With a makeshift defense lacking in fitness and/or confidence we are going to ship goals. Can only see us losing this one by a few.

Would love to eat humble pie, specially if we take it to them and hammer them through attacking prowess...

Think Tiote probably needs to be told to literally stay a maximum of 10 yards away from our centre backs :)

Just play Ben Arfa and Remy and try and hit on the counter. I know that sounds desperately negative especially for a home game but we simply have to protect the defence.

In that 0:6, the amount of space all over the pitch for Liverpool was incredible.

I think mobility in central defence will obviously be important for us, and I think Williamson has to be left out despite having do a decent job at Cardiff.

For me though I think as important for us is the fitness of Cabaye, until he ran out of steam in the last game he was really key. He could get to grips with the midfield as I don't think this is the strongest area for Liverpool.

We will be lucky to get a draw though.

Guest icemanblue

We need to start the game well if we are to have any chance, ridiculous the amount of times we concede an early goal at times.

I definitely might probably agree with that.

Guest neesy111

We need to start the game well if we are to have any chance, ridiculous the amount of times we concede an early goal at times.

I definitely might probably agree with that.

:okay: