mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They're shit and we can't let them win. We're creating plenty of chances this season, and the likes of Remy are in good form. There's also the small matter of revenge after the 0-3 embarrassment.

0-2 win.

---------------Krul

Debu---Willo-----Colo/Tayls--- Sant

-----Cabs----Tiote------Sisso

---------------Benny

Gouff----------------------------Remy

This for me, if Taylor/Colo can't play...Dummett or Good at CB?

A win. End of.

Pardew showed today he can set up teams correctly (both tactically and mentally). I have this weird feeling of trust that he's more than aware of the importance of winning this...and can start to but to bed last season's home loss.

:thup:

F*ck accepting a draw against this lot, when A. they are shit and only have one point all season B. They beat us 3-0 last year ffs.

This is so like last season when it was their win against us that kept them safe. So they are shit and have just been beaten 4-0, that matters fuck all for this game though. Poulet will have a week with his full squad for this and could get them up for it.

To be honest I don't think they will offer is many problems and it is ours to throw away, however I have seen us throw away so much, especially last seasons fixture that I am never going to in to these types of situations with the confidence I had going into April's fixture.

He should have been aware of the importance of winning last year too and look what happened.. We could have helped our safety and sent them down too, instead we got an embarrassing defeat. I have more faith in the players understanding that they need to make things right here.

Biggest derby for ages, I think. Implications could be huge (for them, mainly) if either side wins. They win and it will probably catalyse a revival, we win and it will be the first nail in their relegation coffin.

We've got last season's embarrassment to make up for and, with tough fixtures coming up, could really do with the points - any rivalry aside.

Please, please, please get the lads up for it, Pards. A draw would be a serious missed opportunity. Plus they really owe us this one, collectively.

... draw all over it.

Biggest derby for ages, I think. Implications could be huge (for them, mainly) if either side wins. They win and it will probably catalyse a revival, we win and it will be the first nail in their relegation coffin.

We've got last season's embarrassment to make up for and, with tough fixtures coming up, could really do with the points - any rivalry aside.

Please, please, please get the lads up for it, Pards. A draw would be a serious missed opportunity. Plus they really owe us this one, collectively.

... draw all over it.

No different to last season, except IF we had beat them then they would almost definitely have gone down, with so few games remaining.

Guest Haris Vuckic

0-3 would be fucking wonderful

If we win I want to see Pardew get 'dirty knees' just to piss off the bloke with the Tattoo.

Today went remarkably well, Sunderland are horrific.

Having said that, the derby is the one match that is independent of every other match. Form and momentum aren't factors and this will be a clean slate for many of their lot. It's a horrible week, a horrible day but let's hope we emerge from this war with the win. We have more than enough quality there.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye hats off if he can compensate for two of the worst results I've ever seen at St.James' Park in the space of a week.

Here's hoping - the players owe us too.

I know form doesnt normally matter too much for derby games, but they have looked so hopeless (particularly today, when i expected them to get a lift after getting in a new manager), we have to look for nothing other than a win with a good performance.