sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

It's the lack of movement off the ball that's the strangest thing. It's like everyone just stands there.

Playing Anita helped.

I am genuinely baffled to what we do on the training field compared to other teams. We're static, we're reliant on individuals opposed to team moves usually, we're shocking at set-pieces at both ends, we don't defend well as a unit, etc.

When we came 5th there was a very obvious plan both with the rigid 4-4-2 and the less so 4-3-3, now there is nothing.

It's the lack of movement off the ball that's the strangest thing. It's like everyone just stands there.

Playing Anita helped.

I am genuinely baffled to what we do on the training field compared to other teams. We're static, we're reliant on individuals opposed to team moves usually, we're shocking at set-pieces at both ends, we don't defend well as a unit, etc.

When we came 5th there was a very obvious plan both with the rigid 4-4-2 and the less so 4-3-3, now there is nothing.

We can often go from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 throughout the course of 90 minutes.  It's absurd.

Guest bimpy474

Playing Anita helped.

We can often go from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 throughout the course of 90 minutes.  It's absurd.

Aye and this is one of Pardew major flaws. When the oppo starts well against a certain formation rather than just tweak it to suit. Pardew goes all out panic and changes too much making us so disjointed it's laughable.

Finally got to watch the match - well, most of it. Fuck me, that has to be the ugliest crowd ever. I thought you were unlucky, they didn't look very good at all, and really just exploited your central defenders. Borini's was a bit of a worldy, but was also the first time I thought your midfield left too much space between them and the back four. That's been one of your biggest issues, and Tiote and Cabaye seemed to have sorted it out for the most part.

Maybe there were one or two signs that Poyet might save them, but they really don't convince me at all. It will be a struggle for Sunderland this year. Your key will be how you deal with November. Three home matches out of four sound good, but it could all go tits up very quickly, particularly if you can't get your centre-backs fit. Failure to get at least six points will be a problem, as December looks awkward. Not incredibly tough, just awkward.

Our lack of creation against a team with a minus 16 GD, the major worry imo.

same problem we're going to keep on having unless we address it in the transfer window we have no width in the side (hba remy etc all cut into the middle when playing wide) and it makes our side woefully predictable

Aye if we are to try to cross it we need a winger and Striker. I still say we should be able to create lots of chances with the players we have. But Pardew's lack of tactically accumen to have good movement and attacking intent makes us buying players like a Winger or Striker futile. They'll struggle in such a stagnant team. (The movement has been better at times this season tbf)

forget anything like accumen etc our side just needs it to change things around when its not working. As it stands we'll only ever end up going through the middle and not stretching sides with width and pace so once that game plan is shut down what then? None of our players apart from Sammy are naturally inclined to width and pace. Buy a good winger and I dare say a fair number of the plodding performances we've seen come out as wins (not all obviously)

Playing Anita helped.

The clown in the dugout changed the formation 4 times in the first 10 minutes on Sunday.