NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's silly to make enemies of the local press like that. You don't need support from the media to sell tennis shoes, but they can make life very awkward if you're wanting to keep supporters onside.

Did the club feel that the papers were exaggerating the scale of the protest? I've seen quotes of 'hundreds' joining the march, which suggest something really big.

Good. If it means we don't have to suffer under Pardew's wank, patronizing comments then I'm all for it.

From a journo's pov, it's a farce. The hierarchy are building walls and freezing out their only source of support left at this stage. I think today will signal the collapse of the club this season. 

That 10-year deal on season tickets was an absolute masterstroke by Ashley.

Not really. I signed up for it and cancelled in February for this season so now I don't have one. Many more will cancel for next season. Dead easy to do.

I wish they'd grow a pair of balls and cancel now, write off the money.

This sort of thing had been going on for years btw. A friend of mine is a freelance photographer and had one of his images put in the independent just after KK left last time. It was just a picture of glum looking fans, nothing bad at all. He was banned from the training ground and all matches forever. Bear in mind this is a local, self employed lad, and he didn't even write a story. He doesn't even like football :lol:

Pathetic.

No matter how much they think it'll mean it's because of the result (let's face it, it's what they wanted us to believe) it's another cowardly move by the board.  Even more hilarious because MA clearly thought it'd have tied in with a derby defeat.

That fat prick really is the "it's my ball I'm taking it home" wanker everyone went to school with.

YOU'RE FUCKING OVERWEIGHT AND YOU'VE NO IDEA ABOUT FOOTBALL - FUCKING DEAL WITH IT!!!

Monumentally stupid move from the club. Could be the beginning of the end for Ashley this.

I don't think so.

I think the press will turn on him and now start saying how the fans see games and reflect true reviews on Pardew instead of having their polls that show the majority of fans want Ashley and Pardew. Despite this I don't think Ashley will give a shit and things will continue as they are, just the fact that he no longer has the support of the local media, something which he clearly doesn't give two shits about in anyway.

Come to think of it aren't the Daily Mail, NOTW (News international) all still banned from the club? Pretty soon the only news outlets reporting from SJP will be NUFCTV and Sports Direct news.

Monumentally stupid move from the club. Could be the beginning of the end for Ashley this.

I don't think so.

I think the press will turn on him and now start saying how the fans see games and reflect true reviews on Pardew instead of having their polls that show the majority of fans want Ashley and Pardew. Despite this I don't think Ashley will give a shit and things will continue as they are, just the fact that he no longer has the support of the local media, something which he clearly doesn't give two shits about in anyway.

Come to think of it aren't the Daily Mail, NOTW (News international) all still banned from the club? Pretty soon the only news outlets reporting from SJP will be NUFCTV and Sports Direct news.

Ashley may be thick-skinned but everyone has their limits. Also, if he starts getting a lot of negative press in relation to NUFC, the club's advertising value for Sports Direct will begin to contract, hopefully to the point where it's no longer worth it.

I don't think so.

Ashley may be thick-skinned but everyone has their limits. Also, if he starts getting a lot of negative press in relation to NUFC, the club's advertising value for Sports Direct will begin to contract, hopefully to the point where it's no longer worth it.

there will never be that much negative press at least not in the outlets that matter which aren't the locals if you want to affect anything to do with Sports Direct (which has dealt with worse press than a few reporters now allowed to ask questions)

I don't think so.

Sports Direct's and other advertisements isn't valuable by NUFC's performances (as shown by his non action last year with our performances) but by the exposure they on a national/global scale. So long as SD are getting the message across that they are there for customers (which they do dimly by advertising) then Ashley won't give a shit if all of a sudden people in Newcastle stop buying at SD so long as nationally and globally the company are doing well.

I'd love to believe this would see the local press stick the boot in properly to the cunts running the club but I just can't see it. If anything they'll lick arse more than ever in an attempt to get back in their good books.

Imagine Lee Ryder without access to the club. The thick fuck will lose his mind.

I'd love to believe this would see the local press stick the boot in properly to the cunts running the club but I just can't see it. If anything they'll lick arse more than ever in an attempt to get back in their good books.

I can see the ban only lasting for a few games at most, then things will revert to type with the difference being the journos will now tread even lighter.

I can see the ban only lasting for a few games at most, then things will revert to type with the difference being the journos will now tread even lighter.

probably, the locals need the clubs more than the clubs need them.

I'd love to believe this would see the local press stick the boot in properly to the c***s running the club but I just can't see it. If anything they'll lick arse more than ever in an attempt to get back in their good books.

That is the way I see it too, the club need local press to peddle their bullshit once in a while. The local press will probably just lap it back up because they need something to print to sell papers. Hopefully a few of the national journalists put the boot in after this though, I could see a move like this pissing off more journalists than just the ones that have been banned.

probably, the locals need the clubs more than the clubs need them.

Absolutely. In fact with the advent of sportsdirectnews, the club don't need the press in the slightest.

Do the local press need the club, really? I'm not so sure. I think saying that is an easy get-out clause that lets them get away with printing nothing but dull quotes rather than doing any actual journalism.

I'd be very interested to read humourous dissections of club propaganda, or analysis of why we're shit, or match reports which are reflective of what actually happened etc - don't read what they write now or their boilerplate quotes from the club!

Its not impressive, really, seeing the petulance of the people in charge expressed like this.

Never in a million years, for example, will they have given a nanosecond's thought about the fact that the press are there to report to *the supporters*.

I'd be very interested to read humourous dissections of club propaganda, or analysis of why we're shit, or match reports which are reflective of what actually happened etc - don't read what they write now or their boilerplate quotes from the club!

Exactly. It's like saying a political journalist can only do his job if he is able to follow MPs round the commons, tittering at their jokes and writing down their cliches.