Newcastle vs Man City (Lg Cup 4th Round) - Wed 30th Oct @ 7:45pm (live on Sky)

Dave

It's absolute nonsense like.

Actively wanting us to be knocked out of a cup competition when they serve as our only glimmer of hope  :pilko:

So you haven't read the views of our esteemed Financial director on Cup competitions then...!!???

Time to wake up mate...

I want us to lose this game AND the next 2 so that Ashley gets his smug nose rubbed into the dirt when the realization that another relegation battling season beckons, but surprisingly, I reckon we could  end up edging this....City have much bigger fish to fry and if they play a team largely made up of reserves, I reckon Pardew and his self-satisfied players could see this as an opportunity to take the heat off their respective backs because there is no doubt that a win over City would once again have the mass myopics singing Pardew's name once again and vowing to the players that they will ' support you evermore..'

If this were to happen, Pardew will be safe until Christmas.......the players have him where they want him so they will be quite happy not to have someone new coming in and either kicking their butts or getting them to work harder and more productively.

I will never understand this opinion, under any circumstances.

I can. Because I really don't want to lose four derby matches in a row.

Why the fuck would you want this club to lose games? It's in the best interests of everyone that we win as many games as possible. Fucking mental attitude.

No one wants to lose games, when this game rolls around I'll be willing us on to win with every fibre of my being. But I can understand merlin's thinking. We are going to lose plenty more games this season regardless. Would it be better to lose them drip-drip fashion and keep limping on, or lose 3 or 4 in a row which puts pressure on Ashley to act?

Why the f*** would you want this club to lose games? It's in the best interests of everyone that we win as many games as possible. f***ing mental attitude.

No one wants to lose games, when this game rolls around I'll be willing us on to win with every fibre of my being. But I can understand merlin's thinking. We are going to lose plenty more games this season regardless. Would it be better to lose them drip-drip fashion and keep limping on, or lose 3 or 4 in a row which puts pressure on Ashley to act?

The trouble with that rationale is that we could lose a few in a row to possibly get a change of manager/attitude from the club, but could go on to lose many more while we adjust/thin squad etc..., which could be disastrous.

Win. Every game. Every kick every tackle every save every shot every half yard. Win.

Why the f*** would you want this club to lose games? It's in the best interests of everyone that we win as many games as possible. f***ing mental attitude.

The trouble with that rationale is that we could lose a few in a row to possibly get a change of manager/attitude from the club, but could go on to lose many more while we adjust/thin squad etc..., which could be disastrous.

Win. Every game. Every kick every tackle every save every shot every half yard. Win.

That's why it is so frustrating that the fraud wasn't binned last season.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Krul

Debuchy Willo Mbiwa Dummett

Anita            Cabaye

Obertan    Ben Arfa  Sammy

Shola

Krul

Debuchy Willo Mbiwa Dummett

Anita            Cabaye

Obertan    Ben Arfa  Sammy

Shola

Krul's positioning is all over the place. :razz:

Same XI as yesterday for me aside from Dummett out for MYM. Pardle pretty much just needs to say the fans are hurting and say you're not up to it, prove them wrong.

I get the sense City will stroll to victory, 0-3. Although i fancy us to put on a better show on Saturday and get a draw. Be interesting tomorrow to see what team he decides to go with, he can't be making too many changes. I'd like to see Anita/Cisse/MYM come in but that would be about it for me.

I get the sense City will stroll to victory, 0-3. Although i fancy us to put on a better show on Saturday and get a draw. Be interesting tomorrow to see what team he decides to go with, he can't be making too many changes. I'd like to see Anita/Cisse/MYM come in but that would be about it for me.

Aye, he's really earned a start with his high-octane showing in the second half of the derby.

Aye, he's really earned a start with his high-octane showing in the second half of the derby.

I'd go with Remy Cisse Ben Arfa for the foreseeable future. Sick of trying different combinations with none of them settling in, choose a forward line and trust it.

I'd go with Remy Cisse Ben Arfa for the foreseeable future. Sick of trying different combinations with none of them settling in, choose a forward line and trust it.

:thup: Gouffran has done well as a sub, but imo that should be our starting forward line, even with Cisse continuing to misfire. He WILL get that goal eventually, and the more games he plays, the sooner he will get it.

I would be totally happy to lose next 3-4 games if it meant Pardew was dumped, worth the short term pain to try and get someone with half a clue, although no guarantee we end up with anyone remotely decent under Joe and Mike

Agree.

I don't know if I can even manage to watch this on the tele never mind going to the game. Overtime is available at work so might just stay behind tomorrow night. I'm still worn out from the trip down the ratpit on Sunday and dont know if I can manage another game so close to the last shambles. I'll probably have a heart attack or combust from screaming.

Elliot                         

Williamson    Yanga-Mbiwa

Debuchy                                          Dummett

Anita

Cabaye            Sissoko

Marveaux                                        Gouffran

Cisse

Whatever.