Newcastle vs. Chelsea - Sat 2nd Nov @ 12:45 (live on BT Sport)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last night has given me a glimmer of hope for this, but i don't really want hope. Preferred going into Liverpool expecting a battering and coming away with a fighting draw. As things are going with us though, probably agree with Pilko, 'play well, can't score, couple of sucker punches. 0-2'.

But you said that this team is going places?

We are, no disaster playing well against teams like City/Chelsea but not getting the correct result, you don't play them every week. Big worry against Sunderland was didn't create anything, last night we created far more, if you keep creating, the goals will start to come.

What place is that? Bumbi Bears Land? We're taking 1-2 steps forward before we take a Bumbi jump backwards again FFS! It's been a repeat of that for god knows how long. We're not going places under Pardew, and we never will, how hard is it to understand? He's a clueless s*** talking clown. Simply not good enough for this level.

And he'd never be at this club now if we didn't have an arsehole owning this club. Wont even go on about Kinnear..

And some stupid people still showing him support.

Our football as a whole has been far better this season that last, we actually trying to play football. We had a mixture of direct football and possession football last night and made a strong looking City side look remotely average. If you can't see our improvements i think it's you that needs to take a step back from all this and just come back when you aren't blinded just because Pardew is in charge.

Everyone keeps doubting the team but they come back fighting every time. The forum being quiet speaks volumes of how we performed last night because nobody really wants to give any credit to our players as a collection. They just pick their individual player threads to give them little bits of praise instead. If we had of got battered last night this place would be going mental.

:lol: Really?

I enjoyed the game last night yet still walked out sick as a chip thinking how the fuck aren't we in the next round. Still knew the players give me everything they had and tried to put on a performance to please us. We just didn't get the right result but i was still proud of their efforts.

Last night has given me a glimmer of hope for this, but i don't really want hope. Preferred going into Liverpool expecting a battering and coming away with a fighting draw. As things are going with us though, probably agree with Pilko, 'play well, can't score, couple of sucker punches. 0-2'.

We are, no disaster playing well against teams like City/Chelsea but not getting the correct result, you don't play them every week. Big worry against Sunderland was didn't create anything, last night we created far more, if you keep creating, the goals will start to come.

What place is that? Bumbi Bears Land? We're taking 1-2 steps forward before we take a Bumbi jump backwards again FFS! It's been a repeat of that for god knows how long. We're not going places under Pardew, and we never will, how hard is it to understand? He's a clueless s*** talking clown. Simply not good enough for this level.

And he'd never be at this club now if we didn't have an arsehole owning this club. Wont even go on about Kinnear..

Our football as a whole has been far better this season that last, we actually trying to play football. We had a mixture of direct football and possession football last night and made a strong looking City side look remotely average. If you can't see our improvements i think it's you that needs to take a step back from all this and just come back when you aren't blinded just because Pardew is in charge.Everyone keeps doubting the team but they come back fighting every time. The forum being quiet speaks volumes of how we performed last night because nobody really wants to give any credit to our players as a collection. They just pick their individual player threads to give them little bits of praise instead. If we had of got battered last night this place would be going mental.

That must be the reason :lol:

Our football as a whole has been far better this season that last, we actually trying to play football. We had a mixture of direct football and possession football last night and made a strong looking City side look remotely average. If you can't see our improvements i think it's you that needs to take a step back from all this and just come back when you aren't blinded just because Pardew is in charge.

Everyone keeps doubting the team but they come back fighting every time. The forum being quiet speaks volumes of how we performed last night because nobody really wants to give any credit to our players as a collection. They just pick their individual player threads to give them little bits of praise instead. If we had of got battered last night this place would be going mental.

:lol: :lol: No fucking way.

You're quite biased imo.

I said that the players put some nice moves together (which they did) from defence and midfield. We didn't really click in the final 3rd but then we don't have the quality players to do that.

We looked worse when HBA came, this is true.

It's also true that Man City stood off us a little in a way that Chelsea definitely won't. Was a shame we didn't win but i was at least pleased to see us close them down and actually have a go when we had the ball.

You're quite biased imo.

I said that the players put some nice moves together (which they did) from defence and midfield. We didn't really click in the final 3rd but then we don't have the quality players to do that.

It's also true that Man City stood off us a little in a way that Chelsea definitely won't. Was a shame we didn't win but i was at least pleased to see us close them down and actually have a go when we had the ball.

This forum would be in current meltdown and full of hate for Pardew and slagging off our players had they not turned up last night. Now because they didn't do that and they showed after Sunday's defeat they are prepared to knuckle down and fight for us, it's swept under the carpet and hardly a bit of praise mentioned for their attitude. People just see it as, well we are out the cup and they didn't score a goal so why should they get praise. That's people’s attitudes towards this current side, i've no doubt if we had a different manager they might get their due credit but because of him, they don't get the credit they deserve.

People can say, Cardiff played shite, Liverpool misfired, Sunderland are worst in the league, Man City never turned up, it's always the opposition getting played down and never looked at Newcastle’s strengths of making the opposition look average/poor. It's a joke. As much as people love a Pardew excuse, they love an excuse to why Newcastle played half decent.

You're quite biased imo.

This forum would be in current meltdown and full of hate for Pardew and slagging off our players had they not turned up last night. Now because they didn't do that and they showed after Sunday's defeat they are prepared to knuckle down and fight for us, it's swept under the carpet and hardly a bit of praise mentioned for their attitude. People just see it as, well we are out the cup and they didn't score a goal so why should they get praise. That's people’s attitudes towards this current side, i've no doubt if we had a different manager they might get their due credit but because of him, they don't get the credit they deserve.

People can say, Cardiff played shite, Liverpool misfired, Sunderland are worst in the league, Man City never turned up, it's always the opposition getting played down and never looked at Newcastle’s strengths of making the opposition look average/poor. It's a joke. As much as people love a Pardew excuse, they love an excuse to why Newcastle played half decent.

I got called a tit and a muppet for suggesting something like this.

I disagree that we were really good last night. We should have beaten that City team and if we had gone full strength then we just might have.

They were there for the taking, looked like they couldn't be arsed/didn't care about the cup. Plus they played a weakened defensive partnership which looked vulnerable to say the least.

So no, I'm not going to heap loads of praise on us because we played slightly better because we still couldn't get the job done. If we had played Remy, Cabaye/Ben Arfa from the start and really gone for it and still lost then fair enough but we didn't.

Just 'that City team', the team which probably cost 150 million pound  :lol:

yeah but watching the game you can't tell me they were up for it and motivated.

We stopped them from playing, we targeted their two centre backs and looked to hound them soon as they received the ball in the middle. Always quick to double up on Navas and not allow him much space to run in to. Don't think Pellegrini deserves stick for not having his players up for it, just thought we did well nullifying their biggest assets.

We stopped them from playing, we targeted their two centre backs and looked to hound them soon as they received the ball in the middle. Always quick to double up on Navas and not allow him much space to run in to. Don't think Pellegrini deserves stick for not having his players up for it, just thought we did well nullifying their biggest assets.

Do you not agree if Remy plays instead of Cisse, Cabaye starts? or if Ben Arfa starts ahead of Sissoko or something that we probably stand a far better chance of winning?

I just hate the lack of ambition where we accept that because City are playing a weakened team then so can we. Who cares if we lose to Man City, it's no embarrassment, like you say that squad last night cost hundreds of millions.

Guest Roger Kint

Do you not agree if Remy plays instead of Cisse, Cabaye starts? or if Ben Arfa starts ahead of Sissoko or something that we probably stand a far better chance of winning?

What if City turned up? You cant know what would happen if you changed it, we can only deal with what actually happened and we missed a good chance with shit finishing/play in the final 1/3

I just hate the lack of ambition where we accept that because City are playing a weakened team then so can we. Who cares if we lose to Man City, it's no embarrassment, like you say that squad last night cost hundreds of millions.

Well he picked the team i would have played bar Shola for Ben Arfa but then Shola was very effective in the tactics adopted and caused them a lot of problems. Would we have won had Remy started instead of Cisse or Cabaye instead of Anita or so forth, i'm not sure, it's hard to say. Certainly would have fancied Remy to tuck away Cisse's chances that is for sure.

Overall though thought the team and tactics he went with worked very well, Shola was a strange sub but we all know he's fucked so probably couldn't last, other two changes enforced. On another night we go through but last night we just couldn't stick away that vital first goal, hopefully we get the same performance against Chelsea but we do take our chances this time.