Newcastle vs. Chelsea - Sat 2nd Nov @ 12:45 (live on BT Sport)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like I said, there's no shame in losing to Man City if you go for it but still come up short. The team selection just spoke volumes to me that we wern't fussed about going through or not. We were more concerned about saving some key players for the premier league and saving a bit of face so that our best team wern't beaten by City's B team.

---------------Krul

Debu----MYM-----Colo-----Sant

-----Sisso--------------Tiote

-------------Cabaye

HBA------------------------Gouff

--------------Remy

Don't think Willo deserves dropped like. Think he's been steady with every partner he's been put with.

---------------Krul

Debu----MYM-----Colo-----Sant

-----Sisso--------------Tiote

-------------Cabaye

HBA------------------------Gouff

--------------Remy

Don't think Willo deserves dropped like. Think he's been steady with every partner he's been put with.

Agree its harsh but he has played a lot and a rest vs a team who will keep the ball on the deck more often than not may be best for him, and us.

I'd put Shola back up front with Remy and Cisse either side and go long ball again. Our football in the final third is rank and at least the long ball game doesn't require much preparation or much tactical input from Pardope.

Actually might be better to play Gouff instead of Cisse because he'll give us defensive cover, so make it Remy, Shola and Gouff up front.

When I posted my formation I nearly put Shola instead of Gouff as of the knock ons Shola may win. He got a few last night that Cisse should have been onto and finished but its fkn Shola man does to much bad for what he can do good.

Are we suggesting starting Shola again, surely not? I mean the bloke did a job last night but i don't fancy seeing him in the Premier League again unless it's a 10 minute cameo or something.

Yes because the long seems to be our most effective form of attack.

Are we suggesting starting Shola again, surely not? I mean the bloke did a job last night but i don't fancy seeing him in the Premier League again unless it's a 10 minute cameo or something.

Yes because the long seems to be our most effective form of attack.

:scared:

Long ball should be an option not a tactic

We didn't play long ball for 90 mins yesterday, we did mix it up a bit. But I believe the players have more clarity when they play the long ball under Pardew, because it's a method he can coach. Our attacking play when we play passing football is dire because there's no movement. Hoofball solves this problem until we get a proper manager.

Krul                 

Coloccini      Mapou

Debuchy                                            Santon

Tiote                    Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa                                  Remy

Gouffran

Crazy time..

--------------------Krul

--------MYM-------Willi-------Colo--------

Debuu-------------------------------Gouff

------------Sisso----------Tiote