Newcastle vs. Chelsea - Sat 2nd Nov @ 12:45 (live on BT Sport)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You're quite biased imo.

I said that the players put some nice moves together (which they did) from defence and midfield. We didn't really click in the final 3rd but then we don't have the quality players to do that.

We looked worse when HBA came, this is true.

It's also true that Man City stood off us a little in a way that Chelsea definitely won't. Was a shame we didn't win but i was at least pleased to see us close them down and actually have a go when we had the ball.

This forum would be in current meltdown and full of hate for Pardew and slagging off our players had they not turned up last night. Now because they didn't do that and they showed after Sunday's defeat they are prepared to knuckle down and fight for us, it's swept under the carpet and hardly a bit of praise mentioned for their attitude. People just see it as, well we are out the cup and they didn't score a goal so why should they get praise. That's people’s attitudes towards this current side, i've no doubt if we had a different manager they might get their due credit but because of him, they don't get the credit they deserve.

People can say, Cardiff played shite, Liverpool misfired, Sunderland are worst in the league, Man City never turned up, it's always the opposition getting played down and never looked at Newcastle’s strengths of making the opposition look average/poor. It's a joke. As much as people love a Pardew excuse, they love an excuse to why Newcastle played half decent.

:lol:

People can say, Cardiff played s****, Liverpool misfired, Sunderland are worst in the league, Man City never turned up, it's always the opposition getting played down and never looked at Newcastle’s strengths of making the opposition look average/poor.

So what were Man City/Sunderland/Liverpool/Cardiff?...Good? Or were they in fact poor or average?

People can say, Cardiff played s****, Liverpool misfired, Sunderland are worst in the league, Man City never turned up, it's always the opposition getting played down and never looked at Newcastle’s strengths of making the opposition look average/poor.

So what were Man City/Sunderland/Liverpool/Cardiff?...Good? Or were they in fact poor or average?

What?

We don't make teams look anything man, we're one of the most reactive teams going. Defend and score if they let you.

What?

We don't make teams look anything man, we're one of the most reactive teams going. Defend and score if they let you.

Just a coincidence four teams in a row turn up and don't play very good football against us then, aye we'll just go with that.

Have Chelsea bought Boyata or something? Not a chance he'll get any change out of Cahill/Terry.

I must be going senile, I made the same point myself yesterday. Scrap that plan then, back to everyone do their own stuff and see if we get a goal.

Last night was a perfect example of what happens when we go behind, at one time there would have been crescendo of noise getting behind the team even if its a lost cause. Now though as soon as we concede the fans don't believe we are going to get back into the game, you can tell the players feel it too. Ashley has sucked the life out of us and when it comes to facing top teams like this I can't imagine one fan who will be going to this game expecting anything but defeat.

Guest Haris Vuckic

3 at the back.  That's always worked well in the whole history of NUFC......

We beat Leicester (4-3) with 3 at the back but we made it really, really fucking hard four ourselves courtesy of having 3 at the back.

3 at the back.  That's always worked well in the whole history of NUFC......

We beat Leicester (4-3) with 3 at the back but we made it really, really f***ing hard four ourselves courtesy of having 3 at the back.

Arsenal away in 1994 too, won 3-2 with a back 3 of Howey, Albert & Peacock.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I still see us getting well beaten even if Mourinho rests several of his players for their CL match on Wednesday,