Things You Miss From SJP/Game Day

TheGuv

Enjoying going to the match

Being able to turn around and watch replays in the East Stand boxes

Black and white seats

Advertising hoardings falling over after a player crashed in to them

The fat b****** who used to sit near me (East Stand paddock, early 90s) and spin the ball on his finger taking the p*ss out of opposition before giving it back and in a derogatory way

Having to get there ultra early to make sure you got in if it wasn't all ticket

Good atmosphere

The owld codger I used to sit next too

Class, I used to sit bang on the half way line, front row of the east stand when I was young. 

I remember the fat b****** you are referring too.  I'll always remember when Beckham came to get the ball off him (I think we were winning at the time) he rolled the ball away before he could collect it.

I miss listening to Pearce swearing at the ball boys in front of me.

I'm sure people used to hoy him the ball now and then to take the piss instead of hoying it back on the field to the opposition. Obviously this was when we were mint and anything went because we'd win anyway 9 out of 10.

While not stictly related to just St James' there are some chants i really miss.

Was at a kids party last night n yellow submarine came on and it took every ounce of strength i had bot to start belting out Peytar Reids got a fucking monkees heed  :aww:

Also Sad Mackem Bastard (to cheer up sleepy jean or whatever that song is called)

Can remember the first time hearing this was at Blackburn n thinking what a chant that is. Sadly been further bastardised by Man Utd but i will always remember ours as the original  ;D

The walk to the ground for me.  Used to be out with my dad and uncles around town early doors and there'd be a bit of a buzz.  We'd usually finish up at the three bulls or the pub in the wall and head out into a stream of thousands all heading the same way.  Always some dozy bint trying to drive down near the strawberry at 10 to kick off and looking mildly surprised to find a multitude of pissed up geordies blocking traffic.