Celebration Stories

Yorkie

Was just celebrating like we had just won the world cup and just felt something pop at the back of my eye with the strain. Thankfully ok now.

:laugh:

Anyone else damaged themselves/have standout memories of particular 'in the moment' celebrations? Sure I can remember reading someone on here flew about four rows at Wembley when Rob Lee scored against Chelsea. :lol:

Don't think I've ever damaged anything other than my vocal chords. Worst one was Lovenkrands against Boro to make it 3-1. The moment we stayed up (or so I thought); I nearly spontaneously combusted in that moment and could barely speak for a good 48 hours. Probably the loudest noise I've ever made myself!

Pretty rubbish one but when I was 6 or 7 me and my dad were watching Euro 2000 on the telly and when Alan Shearer scored that diving header against Germany I managed to knee him in the nose causing a huge nose bleed disrupting the rest of the match

Shearer's second goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi, every cunt went absolutely mad on our row, OT was rocking to the extent I thought we were gonna bring it down. The Rob Lee goal a year later was pretty fucking special too, especially as it was our 4th trip to Wembley in less than 4 years and it looked like we'd make it 4 out of 4 without a single fucking goal. Bellamy's against Feyenoord I blacked out for 30 seconds but apparently I just started grabbing people and kicking the guy in front of me.

I remember Shearer scoring his first at Old Trafford against 'spurs. My Dad picked myself and my mate up one in each arm and we all collapsed in amongst the seats with people jumping around our heads. Shearer ran right to our corner and we were only 5 rows back. The goal occurred after about 10/15minutes of constant "Toon, Toon, Black and White Army" chants in the North Stand and the upper tier was bending with Black and White clad Geordies bouncing up and down. After the goal my Dad picked me up again and turned me to face the rest of the North Stand and said to me "Don't ever forget this moment son". I never have and never will - was fucking mint.

When Bellamy scored at Feyenoord I was jumping about and my mum tried to hug me. Right at that moment I remembered we still needed Juventus to hang onto their narrow lead in Kiev and so shoved her away really quite violently. Felt bad about that for years. :lol:

I nearly broke my back during that rob lee celebration at Wembley. Don't  know if it's me you were thinking of, but there were a few stories of injuries that day. And a man who shit himself in white chinos thrown out before the game had even started. Also some milf cracking on to me offering me a lift home, then fucked off before the game finished. Mad day, loss aside I wouldn't swap it for the world.  :lol:

Shearer's second goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi, every c*** went absolutely mad on our row, OT was rocking to the extent I thought we were gonna bring it down. The Rob Lee goal a year later was pretty f***ing special too, especially as it was our 4th trip to Wembley in less than 4 years and it looked like we'd make it 4 out of 4 without a single f***ing goal. Bellamy's against Feyenoord I blacked out for 30 seconds but apparently I just started grabbing people and kicking the guy in front of me.

Great minds think alike...well in terms of the game...

Bloke I was stood/sat next too at Wembley that day went missing for about 20 mins after it hit the net. Never seen a goal celebrated like that before/since.

Poyet nicking one almost immediately after must have been one of the most demoralising moments ever. :lol:

Guest alijmitchell

A fourteen year old at wembley for rob lee's goal, so I was. I remember standing on the plastic seat ( that had no back), seeing shearer put the cross in, then bang! Hit my head off a seat 4-5 rows in front, landed on the floor with a load of fat lads crushing me. Fey encore was another - a pile on top with some randoms in the punch bowl ( cradle well) great times. Wembley was my first away trip. Extremely bittersweet.

Guest alijmitchell

Bloke I was stood/sat next too at Wembley that day went missing for about 20 mins after it hit the net. Never seen a goal celebrated like that before/since.

Poyet nicking one almost immediately after must have been one of the most demoralising moments ever. :lol:

Crushed me on the way home. Didn't speak to anyone apart from my dad. He told me we'd be there next year. He'd been to the 74 final and had experienced similar deflation. Both he and I knew we wouldn't be there the next year.

I can remember the total non-contest the final was that year, too. Do you reckon that's the closest we've come to winning the cup since the fifties? I know we made it to the final in the previous two seasons, but we were never winning either of those matches.

Not a football one, but I remember my dad letting me watch Simpson's as a kid ( he didn't always).  I jumped up and punch the air.  My hand went straight through a glass light fitting, shattering it.  Oddly my hand did not get cut at all though.

Didn't get to watch Simpsons.

Guest alijmitchell

I can remember the total non-contest the final was that year, too. Do you reckon that's the closest we've come to winning the cup since the fifties? I know we made it to the final in the previous two seasons, but we were never winning either of those matches.

I remember thinking that too. Definitely, I felt at the time that if we had beaten Chelsea, we'd have wrapped the cup up. The others, as you say, we're non-contests.

No specific stories like. Still need to witness a big big away goal. something iconic away from home. Dont come round often though. Couple of bruised shins, sore feet etc. Wrecked my toe at the SOL last week, kicked the seat next to me in temper, it barely moved and i had a slight limp for the rest of the day. :lol:

The 5-1 up in L7 I ended up on the bottom of a pile on. I reckon there was about 7 people involved, and whatever lad was ontop of me kissed me on the lips. I was pissed so didn't care too much at the time but it was bloody heavy and hurt a bit!

Not a football one, but I remember my dad letting me watch Simpson's as a kid ( he didn't always).  I jumped up and punch the air.  My hand went straight through a glass light fitting, shattering it.  Oddly my hand did not get cut at all though.

Didn't get to watch Simpsons.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Went absolutely mental when Tiote hit the fourth in the 4-4, not like me at all. Went running around the house and then dived on my brother and tackled him to the floor.

was in a massive surge in L7 towards the arsenal fans when that went in.  Unsafe as fuck.