Rust (PC)

Coco

http://www.playrust.com/

Anyone played this? Just had a quick blast of it this morning, and it's a lot of fun. Very much in the same vein as Minecraft, but with a healthy dose of Day Z, and a little pinch of Fallout. It's still in very early alpha, so it's quite rough around the edges. Looks promising though. :)

Apologies for the voices on that video. :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest palnese

http://www.playrust.com/

Anyone played this? Just had a quick blast of it this morning, and it's a lot of fun. Very much in the same vein as Minecraft, but with a healthy dose of Day Z, and a little pinch of Fallout. It's still in very early alpha, so it's quite rough around the edges. Looks promising though. :)

Apologies for the voices on that video. :lol:

That's you playing? I've watched the DayZ videos, but I had no idea it was you, if that's the case.

• 4 years later...

Thought it was worth a bump on this to point out it's finally made it out of Early Access.

I've had a few spells playing this one and it's a lot of fun when you get a few people on all at once contributing to building a decent base and all the usual stuff you get in survival games. The one thing I never liked was the persistent world that meant every time you logged off your character and stuff just stayed there waiting for someone with more time on their hands to come and kill you in your sleep, blow up your base and pinch all your stuff. It ended up in an arms race of trying to build more and more convoluted bases just to try and make it not worth anyone's time to break in.

I might just spin up a passworded server for myself and a few others and see what it's like since I last tried it. Seems like they've added a hell of a lot and even revamped the engine and all the assets a good few times since it was first popular.

The saltiest player base in existence. Love to watch youtube videos where players encounter the saltiest people you have ever seen/heard :lol: I love the games concept hence why I play Exile mod for Arma 3 but I too don't like how Rust so heavily favors those with a lot of time on their hands. On Exile your character will not be on the server when you log out. Your base will be persistent, but it takes a lot longer time, effort and resources to raid it compared to Rust (provided that you haven't built the base poorly).

Yeah the persistence was always a pain in the arse. Like you said, it just favours people with fuck all else to do. The more seriously you take it the more you feel like you need to be on it constantly or at least logging in every couple of hours to check on your stuff. It just stops being fun at that point.