Newcastle United vs. Norwich City - Sat 23rd Nov @ 15:00 (not on TV)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Can you imagine the celebrations after the France game? I know what I would have done. I don't expect them to have done any different in the circumstances, but it's very important we get them focused before kick-off.

"I don't want to say to them at half time, our focus is wrong, we're 2-0 down and now we've got a mountain to climb. We need to be at it right from the off. Norwich have had a great win, they probably haven't had as many international players away as us.

"My coaching staff have been concentrating with them (French players) on letting that one go. They can look forward to the draw and the World Cup. For us, Norwich is the most important game now."

:bluestar:

:lol: At least Debuchy could get completely fucked up, knowing he didn't have to play at the weekend - bet Cabaye wishes he had gone for a tactical late booking at Spurs

Fully fit squad (including Jonas) according to Caulkin. I think we've solved the full back mystery then.

If he is in before Haidara or Dummett then I will walk out :)

Should be Santon to right and Haidara at left back with the centre 2 the same. Not keen on changing that partnership that got us 2 clean sheets.

Guest icemanblue

People will whinge at the nit-picking but there's just no need to say things like "they probably haven't had as many internationals away as we have". It's just the covering-your-arse, defeatist codswallop that is so tedious to read. Regardless of whether or not he's played out catastrophe scenarios as well.

Get to fuck, man. Come on. You're looking for that. :lol:

I don't know why anyone still reads his interviews. It's like watching The Only Way Is Essex every week then complaining that they're all twats.

We all know he's a negative pisswipe, why make yourself wound up? :lol:

Didn't think that quote was THAT bad tbh.

He almost sounds optimistic!!

I think we'll win. Whether we manage to open them up early (might be unlikely) or as the game stretches later on, i think we'll win.

We ought to, anyway.

People are suggesting switching Santon from left back to right back. If we are going to switch a left back to right back why not just keep Santon at left back and play Haidara or Dummett at right back? That would mean only one change to the back 4. I don't think we should move Yanga-Mbiwa to right back to accommodate Coloccini either. We could also play Anita at right back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/davide-santon-happy-play-right-back-6298808

By Lee Ryder

Davide Santon happy to play right-back for Newcastle United

13 Nov 2013 07:44

Davide Santon has revealed he is prepared to play right-back for Newcastle United if called upon this season.

Alan Pardew will be without the suspended Mathieu Debuchy after the French international picked up his fifth yellow card of the campaign during the 1-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend.

It means the manager must fill the gap against the Canaries on Saturday week.

Vurnon Anita is one option, with the midfielder able to drop back to either full-back position – but Santon has done the job at right-back for Inter Milan.

United also experimented with the Italian international in that position in pre-season this year and could require Santon to carry out the role against the Canaries.

Santon said: “I can play right-back. I prefer left-back but know I have to improve my left foot. When I play left-back I can go left to right.

“When I play right-back and try to go inside it is a little bit more difficult but I enjoy both.

“If the manager needs me to play right-back I am here to play where he wants me.”

United would be well stocked if they were to switch Santon to the right and should have both Geordie boy Paul Dummett and Massadio Haidara available.

That would be a close call for Pardew, with Dummett taking full advantage of Haidara’s stint on the sidelines with solid displays.

Dummett was outstanding against Liverpool in the 2-2 draw when he scored his first goal for the Magpies, to achieve one of his boyhood dreams.

He will be fit and raring to go against Hughton’s troops and is perhaps United’s best option at left-back in what will be another cut and thrust encounter.

Santon added: “Paul is a young guy but he’s a good person.

“He always gives 100% in training so I am happy for him. We are happy he us with us in the team.”

Santon is the same age as Dummett at 22, but the Geordie boy is here to stay after signing a new long-term deal.

Santon – who made his Serie A and Champions League debut with Inter as a teenager – understands Dummett’s latest phase of development.

The Toon star said: “He is young and learning. He’s a good player and I think he will have a good future with us.”

People are suggesting switching Santon from left back to right back. If we are going to switch a left back to right back why not just keep Santon at left back and play Haidara or Dummett at right back? That would mean only one change to the back 4. I don't think we should move Yanga-Mbiwa to right back to accommodate Coloccini either. We could also play Anita at right back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/davide-santon-happy-play-right-back-6298808

By Lee Ryder

Davide Santon happy to play right-back for Newcastle United

13 Nov 2013 07:44

Davide Santon has revealed he is prepared to play right-back for Newcastle United if called upon this season.

Alan Pardew will be without the suspended Mathieu Debuchy after the French international picked up his fifth yellow card of the campaign during the 1-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend.

It means the manager must fill the gap against the Canaries on Saturday week.

Vurnon Anita is one option, with the midfielder able to drop back to either full-back position – but Santon has done the job at right-back for Inter Milan.

United also experimented with the Italian international in that position in pre-season this year and could require Santon to carry out the role against the Canaries.

Santon said: “I can play right-back. I prefer left-back but know I have to improve my left foot. When I play left-back I can go left to right.

“When I play right-back and try to go inside it is a little bit more difficult but I enjoy both.

“If the manager needs me to play right-back I am here to play where he wants me.”

United would be well stocked if they were to switch Santon to the right and should have both Geordie boy Paul Dummett and Massadio Haidara available.

That would be a close call for Pardew, with Dummett taking full advantage of Haidara’s stint on the sidelines with solid displays.

Dummett was outstanding against Liverpool in the 2-2 draw when he scored his first goal for the Magpies, to achieve one of his boyhood dreams.

He will be fit and raring to go against Hughton’s troops and is perhaps United’s best option at left-back in what will be another cut and thrust encounter.

Santon added: “Paul is a young guy but he’s a good person.

“He always gives 100% in training so I am happy for him. We are happy he us with us in the team.”

Santon is the same age as Dummett at 22, but the Geordie boy is here to stay after signing a new long-term deal.

Santon – who made his Serie A and Champions League debut with Inter as a teenager – understands Dummett’s latest phase of development.

The Toon star said: “He is young and learning. He’s a good player and I think he will have a good future with us.”

Because Santon has played there before and Haidara/Dummett both only capable of going down left side. Anita might be decent option

I was incredibly confident going into the Hull game, thought Ben Arfa was going to destroy them.

This time is different. If Pardew & the players get arrogant like they seemed to going into the Hull game then it could prove to be difficult.

People will whinge at the nit-picking but there's just no need to say things like "they probably haven't had as many internationals away as we have". It's just the covering-your-arse, defeatist codswallop that is so tedious to read. Regardless of whether or not he's played out catastrophe scenarios as well.

Was right there in print, mate.

On its own it's forgettable but when you rack them up alongside all the other times he covers his arse with stuff, it's irritating - because it rubs off on the players. There's no need for it. A half-fit side should beat this Norwich team.

Guest icemanblue

Was right there in print, mate.

On its own it's forgettable but when you rack them up alongside all the other times he covers his arse with stuff, it's irritating - because it rubs off on the players. There's no need for it. A half-fit side should beat this Norwich team.

Surely you can see that it was part of his spiel about having our players 'on it' from the start? That we can't afford to be lax, or suffering from an international 'hangover'. It's the opposite of what you're suggesting.

This has to be the team selection (fmpov):

---------------------------Timmy the wall-------------------------

Dummet---------Mapou---------------Willo---------------Santon

Sissoko------------Cabaye---------Tiote---------------Gouffran

--------------------------Remy------------------------------

-----------------------------Sherla---------------------------

HBA for Shola after 60 mins and Anita for Tiote last twenty.

Guest bimpy474

Sort of agree with the sentiment, but "half time, our focus is wrong, we're 2-0 down and now we've got a mountain to climb." Ffs :lol:

Now i'm someone who hates Pardew but you have tbf, and to miss out the last part of that sentence isn't fair.

'We need to be at it right from the off'. It puts a proper context to it. The more Internationals away stuff is nonsense but saying we need to be at from the off is perfectly fine imo.

Hinting here that HBA might get a game:

Pardew said "Hatem wants to play and obviously he wants to get into the France team for the World Cup, as all our French players do.

"They have all got a great chance now because, of course, the French manager will now look at the group around. He knows the players he has got and he is looking for those players who can give him an extra dimension.

"I think Hatem will be in that category, but he needs to get into the first team here, and he has trained very well this week.

"We have got two games coming up that you would like to think might suit him."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-transfer-news-alan-pardew-hopes-to-attract-new-players-with-good-results-8957310.html