What do you enjoy/dislike spending money on?

ponsaelius

So which things do you find it extremely easy to spend money on because it gives you pleasure, and what things do you hate investing in? Obvious answers will be that most people will hate spending on things like bills but more interestingly will be things that split opinion.

Personally I hate spending on clothes, particularly paying a premium for something when you know it was made for fuck all in some sweatshop. I'd rather spend it on other stuff but clothing yourself to an acceptable level is more or less a basic human requirement. There are exceptions when getting a particularly nice coat or pair of shoes that you know you're gonna get worth out of, but most of the time it feels like spending more than I want to.

I enjoy spending money on football matches. Even when we're shit I enjoy it, the expensive cost of away matches (tickets, travel, drink) is nearly always worth it imo and I don't think twice about the investment. Similarly I like spending on new bits of technology that you know you will get lots out of (phone, telly, games console, speaker systems etc).

For you?

Guest palnese

Hate spending money on new furniture/accessories for the house, as I don't give a flying fuck about vases, flowers and stuff like that.

Don't mind spending money on footy, a good night out and technology

Trainers, always trainers. I could not give one single fuck about what footwear looks like, but, if you wanna get laid, apparently you need good-looking trainers etc. Always like £60 n all.

Recently I'm all about blu-rays.

Alcohol, the next day. Worst feeling ever realising how much you've thrown away for a hangover.

This. Flipside is I do really enjoy spending the money the day before apparently. :lol: Don't mind paying for more quiet nights with some fun activity/good dinner/beer/wine with mates and the likes though. Just the morning after massive benders when I've bought rounds for ERRYBDY PLS BEER with money I need to like, live the rest of the month.

I hate paying bills for mundane stuff such as my phone and shit. Or well, I guess what I actually hate is paying for something after the fact.

I enjoy buying technological shit and holidays.

Petrol is by far the worst thing to spend money on.

The petrol pump might as well be some bloke standing there with a knife robbing you.

I don't drive and the main reason is the thought of spending money on petrol sounds a fucking nightmare.

Guest palnese

Agreed on trainers, defs. They're shite but a necessity to get a decent pair. I don't mind investing in decent pair of brogues or winter boots though, feel like some kind of craft went into making them and they usually last.

This made me giggle for some reason.

Like - Holidays, decent food and drink, good beer/ale.

Dislike - repairs for the car.  It's never a small amount and it annoys me that if I had a better understanding I'd save a bomb fixing/replacing things myself.    I'm unfazed by the cost of petrol though.  Learned to deal with it and budget accordingly.

Hate - public transport.  It's over-priced and is never an enjoyable experience and is why I begrudgingly pay the above.