Newcastle United 2 - 1 Norwich City - 23/11/13 - Post-match reaction from p31

Mike

Just been reading a few Norwich messageboards. They really have turned on Hughton.

Most of them want him out.

They're the most unwatchable side in the league and have been since he took over, to be fair. Doesn't help that results have been crap and he's spent so much dinero.

Some good football played in the first half and Ameobi had his best 45 mins in years...about time too.

Remy is saving our bacon this season, not only with his goals but with the unsettling effect he has on defences which means opposing teams cannot build up a sustained team attack as they are forced to keep a couple of defenders watching him.

Lucky to not concede twice in the first half, even though we were miles the better side and once again, the side showed it can only play for 45 mins with a poor second half. There is either a fitness problem or it is the tactics they have been told to adopt - both are Pardew's responsibility.

There is no doubt in my mind that one or more of the coaching staff have been given more responsibility for style of play this season, probably as a result of Pardew's ear-bashing from Ashley in the summer and as a result, the play is more easy on the eye - this is about as good as it will get under this manager/owner.

tbf i wouldn't say it was lucky. they had a couple of chances, most teams do during a game, they weren't chances you'd normally expect to score from, no more so than the couple of chances remy fluffed after cutting inside.

They didn't really create anything that would concern me into thinking "they are going to equalise here."

It just frustrated me because it was so unnecessary and put us under pressure that was so preventable.

Plus if we continue to do similar in the coming weeks its going to lead to dropped points as there are much better teams than Norwich which will punish us.

In a weird way, I'd be less concerned being 1 or 2 ahead against a better side going into half time because we tend not to take them for granted so easily.

Our players or manager, whoever you want to blame, have a tendency to take the foot of the gas whenever we seem to be bossing a game. They seem to get a bit arrogant and think they can coast home and save energy against the likes of Hull and Norwich.

EUROPE IS A POSSIBILITY. ST JAMES PARK IS GOOD FOR EUROPEAN MATCHES.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/12/9/1291907658776/Alan-Pardew-faces-the-pre-006.jpg

wut?

Just been reading a few Norwich messageboards. They really have turned on Hughton.

Most of them want him out.

They're the most unwatchable side in the league and have been since he took over, to be fair. Doesn't help that results have been crap and he's spent so much dinero.

That's a bit harsh on West Ham