Newcastle United vs West Brom - Saturday 30th November @ 5.30pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we play like we did against Norwich we will lose. Fortunately Cabaye fully match fit and Debuchy back we may be better. If Pardew drops Mapou for Colo though I will be furious. (will definitely happen)

Fucking hell, I know the second-half wasn't great but comments like that man.  :undecided:

We played well first half but we still gave them chances, scored 1 goal that was really sloppy defending from them and 1 that was poor keeping. West Brom on their day (which is important) are very good, they also can be very meh, but they are also a bit of a strange bogey team for us at times.

Personally I think we'll win as we have some good momentum, but we must also improve

If we play like we did against Norwich we will lose. Fortunately Cabaye fully match fit and Debuchy back we may be better. If Pardew drops Mapou for Colo though I will be furious. (will definitely happen)

Fucking hell, I know the second-half wasn't great but comments like that man.  :undecided:

Kind of agree, tbh. WBA won't give us 2 easy goals like that.

Guest Haris Vuckic

f***ing hell, I know the second-half wasn't great but comments like that man.  :undecided:

Kind of agree, tbh. WBA won't give us 2 easy goals like that.

I'd like to think we wont gift West Brom one either.

It's the two ends of the scale that I can't stand at the minute.

There's the "we won so shut up" camp, then there's the "we'll definitely lose if we play like that" camp.

I'm not even that much of a pessimist atm, think we're doing alright, just wasn't impressed yesterday, for which there are some explanations (Cabaye seemed f***ed from the start, a shakey new defense partnership and Debuchy missing, losing our best defender in the air, and a pardew tactics special), we just need to improve  ??? Dunno why that's so crazy

You can't predict these games anymore, because it all boils down to what score it is at half time. If we're winning even by 1 goal Pardew will send the team out to park the bus in the second half, and I don't think we'd get away with it against a side like West Brom. If we're drawing or losing at half time we'll come out attacking and probably win.

Guest neesy111

It's about if we score first, when we do we look fine nowadays as our defence has tightened up massively.

If we concede first then we'll who knows what will happen.

It's the two ends of the scale that I can't stand at the minute.

There's the "we won so shut up" camp, then there's the "we'll definitely lose if we play like that" camp.

Yup. There's been improvement for sure. just wish he'd think outside the box a bit on the 2nd half stuff...but that's his mentality I suppose.