Newcastle United vs West Brom - Saturday 30th November @ 5.30pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Both this match and the Swansea match coming up are 6 pointers. Win both and we're not only in touching distance with the top but we'll probably split the league table in a European pretenders half and a relegation half.

We should get: 6 points.

We will get: 1-2 points.

Confidence is meant to rise when you start to go on a good run of form, not predicting a downfall at nearest opportunity :lol:

I like to keep the bar low. Feels better when we clear it, hurts less when we fail to.

Both this match and the Swansea match coming up are 6 pointers. Win both and we're not only in touching distance with the top but we'll probably split the league table in a European pretenders half and a relegation half.

We should get: 6 points.

We will get: 1-2 points.

Confidence is meant to rise when you start to go on a good run of form, not predicting a downfall at nearest opportunity :lol:

I like to keep the bar low. Feels better when we clear it, hurts less when we fail to.

:thup:

Guest The_Optimistic

When was the last time we won 4 in a row in the league...

I think this could well be a draw, but it would set us up beautifully for December if we managed to get 3 points. 

Love Saturday evening kick offs.

When was the last time we won 4 in a row in the league...

I think this could well be a draw, but it would set us up beautifully for December if we managed to get 3 points. 

Love Saturday evening kick offs.

Towards the back end of our season finishing 5th I think we won 6 in a row.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Might be a game for the Colo/MYM axis, West Brom don't really have any threat that Willo would be better at dealing with do they?

Nah its mainly trickery and pace, so you'd imagine its important that MYM plays and the rest is really neither here nor there.

With that said i'd go with Willo and MYM personally.

Don't they have Long? I'd drop Colo too. He has lost a bit of pace and not strong in the heading department. He's only decent when we're defending deep e.g at cutting out crosses

They have Anichebe so playing Willo instead of Colo with MYM might be a good idea.

I didn't even know this happened :lol:

So yeah i agree, anyway just looked at the fixtures and noticed Spurs are playing Man Utd and Southampton are playing Chelsea.

A win would put us in a really good position going into a couple of tough away games.

They have Anichebe so playing Willo instead of Colo with MYM might be a good idea.

I didn't even know this happened :lol:

So yeah i agree, anyway just looked at the fixtures and noticed Spurs are playing Man Utd and Southampton are playing Chelsea.

A win would put us in a really good position going into a couple of tough away games.

Anichebe man. Seems to raise his game when he faces us. 2 of his 6 goals last season were against us and he had one good goal ruled out too.

For some reason I'm always really nervous of playing WBA.

Cisse's arse last season scraped us the win and they beat us here the season before. Those two games don't fill you with confidence, i feel the same. Predicting a draw but we are still more than capable of making it 4 wins in a row. Be interesting to see how these get on tonight, they were unlucky against Chelsea.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 56s

#nufc Phil Dowd refs #wba game this weekend

Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More Expand

Hate this clown, always centre of attention. Summed him up the Mirralas tackle on Suarez, any other ref would have had that situation defused about 2 minutes sooner.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 56s

#nufc Phil Dowd refs #wba game this weekend

Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More Expand

Hate this clown, always centre of attention. Summed him up the Mirralas tackle on Suarez, any other ref would have had that situation defused about 2 minutes sooner.

Yep, took him forever to get the wrong card out too.

They're compact at the back with quick and tricky attacking players in Sessengnon, Amalfitano and Berahinio, they'll sit back and try and get us on the break, the kind of team that can get a result against anybody but seem to seriously underperform against anybody too as very few of the squad are really anything better than average but well drilled.

Trick will be if we don't give them too many opportunities to break from Tiote and Cabaye controlling it, which they should. I think they're most dangerous at 0-0 and won't offer much threat once behind as it'll disrupt their gameplan. Of course Pardew will take this to mean defending the lead...