Newcastle United vs West Brom - Saturday 30th November @ 5.30pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 56s

#nufc Phil Dowd refs #wba game this weekend

Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More Expand

Hate this clown, always centre of attention. Summed him up the Mirralas tackle on Suarez, any other ref would have had that situation defused about 2 minutes sooner.

He's been pretty good to us like.  He reffed the 4-4 too didn't he?

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 56s

#nufc Phil Dowd refs #wba game this weekend

Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More Expand

Hate this clown, always centre of attention. Summed him up the Mirralas tackle on Suarez, any other ref would have had that situation defused about 2 minutes sooner.

He's been pretty good to us like.  He reffed the 4-4 too didn't he?

Aye and the 5-1.

Guest firetotheworks

Colo have to not play under Mbiwa, to not deal with these short balls under the attack for Short.

I'm gan to bed.

With  no disrespect to willo, I think we should bring Colo back into the middle with Mapou. WBA attackers are quick and agile which are more suitably muted by the attributes of Colo/Mapou, if they still had Lukaku I would deffo say willo to stay in.

Colo also gives us another dimension bringing the ball out and turning defense into attack, we want to bring the game to them rather than hoofball...

My other shout is for Hatem to be brought on at 60 mins for Shola as he looked electric last week for the five or so mins he got...

My team:

-------------------------Krul--------------------------

Debuchy-----Mapou--------Colo----------Santon

Sissoko-------Cabaye------Tiote--------Gouffran

-----------------Remy-------Sherla--------------

bring on Hatem and Anita to suit....

With  no disrespect to willo, I think we should bring Colo back into the middle with Mapou. WBA attackers are quick and agile which are more suitably muted by the attributes of Colo/Mapou, if they still had Lukaku I would deffo say willo to stay in.

Colo also gives us another dimension bringing the ball out and turning defense into attack, we want to bring the game to them rather than hoofball...

My other shout is for Hatem to be brought on at 60 mins for Shola as he looked electric last week for the five or so mins he got...

My team:

I take it you don't remember Colo being absolutely terrorised by Long a couple of years ago then?

My team:

I take it you don't remember Colo being absolutely terrorised by Long a couple of years ago then?

I only look forward, not back (read sig. pls)...

I like Colo for what he offers in bringing the ball out and he ain't a bad defender, hasn't had the best of times lately but he is class... so I would have willo out for this one. Any big bad bruiser who's good in the air and I'd have him back in an instant.

My team:

I only look forward, not back (read sig. pls)...

I like Colo for what he offers in bringing the ball out and he ain't a bad defender, hasn't had the best of times lately but he is class... so I would have willo out for this one. Any big bad bruiser who's good in the air and I'd have him back in an instant.

He doesn't exactly handle pacy, direct forwards either though. (Not that I'm saying Williamson does by any means. :lol:)

Agree there... But I would prefer to get Colo back to 100% as willo is already playing at his max and there is no more to come from him whereas Colo is playing at 85% at the moment and is the equal of Willo, but could be so much better given the chance i.e. run of games.

P.S. Could all blow up in my face if him and Mapou have another "everton" together.... aaayyyy

They're compact at the back with quick and tricky attacking players in Sessengnon, Amalfitano and Berahinio, they'll sit back and try and get us on the break, the kind of team that can get a result against anybody but seem to seriously underperform against anybody too as very few of the squad are really anything better than average but well drilled.

Trick will be if we don't give them too many opportunities to break from Tiote and Cabaye controlling it, which they should. I think they're most dangerous at 0-0 and won't offer much threat once behind as it'll disrupt their gameplan. Of course Pardew will take this to mean defending the lead...

Actually our current formation which relies on hard work and Shola up front is a good one against a team like WBA, because we'll probably not bomb forward as much and that will give them less space behind us to counter. Keep a compact unadventorous shape and there's always a chance one will drop nicely for Remy.

Who ever plays up front for them will make Colo their rag-doll. Long's pace and movement will kill Colo, Anichebe's strength will kill Colo. We should go Wilpou.

We may as well just release Colo now from this post.

:lol: I was thinking that. Makes Colo sound pathetic.

Who ever plays up front for them will make Colo their rag-doll. Long's pace and movement will kill Colo, Anichebe's strength will kill Colo. We should go Wilpou.

Anichebe isn't likely to start. Long is nothing special and I fail to see how Willo would deal with him better than Colo.

Colo suddenly seems to be one of the worst CB's in the league according to N-O.

Anichebe isn't likely to start. Long is nothing special and I fail to see how Willo would deal with him better than Colo.

Colo suddenly seems to be one of the worst CB's in the league according to N-O.

Did you see last nights game?

Long is a worky ticket who has got under Colo's skin on more than one occasion and caused him to lose his discipline.

He's also a very good player.

I had it on TV but didn't pay much attention.

MYM has to start but if we are that concerned about Long I'm not sure how Willo can be the answer either. Also I doubt Colo would be stupid enough to lose his discipline against Long one more time.