Newcastle United vs West Brom - Saturday 30th November @ 5.30pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who ever plays up front for them will make Colo their rag-doll. Long's pace and movement will kill Colo, Anichebe's strength will kill Colo. We should go Wilpou.

Anichebe isn't likely to start. Long is nothing special and I fail to see how Willo would deal with him better than Colo.

Colo suddenly seems to be one of the worst CB's in the league according to N-O.

It isn't about how good or bad Colo is its about horses for courses as I said.

MYM would deal better with Long and Williamson would deal better with Anichebe.

If Anichebe doesn't start that changes things as I trust MYM with Long.

Who ever plays up front for them will make Colo their rag-doll. Long's pace and movement will kill Colo, Anichebe's strength will kill Colo. We should go Wilpou.

Anichebe isn't likely to start. Long is nothing special and I fail to see how Willo would deal with him better than Colo.

:thup:

I just don't fancy the thought of Long, Sessegnon and Amalfitano running against Willo on the counter. He's done extremely well but IMO he should still be a backup and I see this game as a real possibility for his form to drop. I would also like to try and keep possession as much as possible on Saturday and obviously Colo would be a big boost in that.

I just don't fancy the thought of Long, Sessegnon and Amalfitano running against Willo on the counter. He's done extremely well but IMO he should still be a backup and I see this game as a real possibility for his form to drop. I would also like to try and keep possession as much as possible on Saturday and obviously Colo would be a big boost in that.

West Brom are also pretty handy in the air at set pieces with olsson and McCauley so Williamson is important there.

If he can't play against someone small and quick, or someone big and strong, just get rid. :lol:

I have put us down for a draw, but to be honest, I think a win for you is more likely based on recent performances.

Things seem to have been on the up for you lately, any particular reason or just found a bit of form?

Play a high line, especially with Williamson, and we'll be in trouble. Thankfully we won't have to face Lukaku this year as well.

Would prefer to see Anita instead of Tiote, but don't think that Pardew will make any changes, which is understandable.

I have put us down for a draw, but to be honest, I think a win for you is more likely based on recent performances.

Things seem to have been on the up for you lately, any particular reason or just found a bit of form?

Now there's a question. Opinion is divided on the subject and if you have a browse through the last few pages of the Alan Pardew thread you'll get some idea of the views of the different factions. I think its a combination of some decent attacking football, some excellent defending and a slice of luck. Although as far as luck goes we've not had anything close to what Chelsea got against you lot at Stamford Bridge. In a lot of our matches we seem to play well for 45 minutes, more often the first rather than the second half. We can be good enough to hurt any side but go to crap if we have a lead. We sit back and invite pressure and we aren't very good at doing that. 

Shane Long had the best game, and scored the best goals, he's ever going to have on Monday.

He's not going to be putting in a performance like that again for a very long time.

It would have been nice to sign Long from Reading when West Brom grabbed him but he's hardly set the place alight and something we’ve massively missed out on. He’s had decent spells on the bench during his time there and been in and out of the team. He's found his form over recent weeks and looking like his former self but people are going way overboard on him. For me just an average PL striker with excellent work rate and attitude. Capable of long spells without scoring and capable of going on a little run all the same. Nothing to sing and dance about here and shouldn’t be panicking to the threat he brings on Saturday.

It would have been nice to sign Long from Reading when West Brom grabbed him but he's hardly set the place alight and something we’ve massively missed out on. He’s had decent spells on the bench during his time there and been in and out of the team. He's found his form over recent weeks and looking like his former self but people are going way overboard on him. For me just an average PL striker with excellent work rate and attitude. Capable of long spells without scoring and capable of going on a little run all the same. Nothing to sing and dance about here and shouldn’t be panicking to the threat he brings on Saturday.

Fair assessment, I like Long but we shouldn't be unduly scared of him. He even went out of the game the other night after his goals (which were class).

I would have him as a squad player and backup to Remy/Gouff here mind, but squad players aren't really what we need to be buying as a priority.

Fair assessment, I like Long but we shouldn't be unduly scared of him. He even went out of the game the other night after his goals (which were class).

I would have him as a squad player and backup to Remy/Gouff here mind, but squad players aren't really what we need to be buying as a priority.

I wouldn't say he's as bad as some are making him out to be - but I wouldn't say he's great either.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

He was being touted with a move away in the summer for 4 million. He clearly hasn't hit the heights West Brom thought he would when they paid 6/7 million for him.

I've got nothing against Long, i do like him but he's a squad player and not someone you want starting for you week in, week out. Just don't think we should be looking to panic over our CB's not being able to handle him when he's nothing special. Yes he's had a couple of decent games against us in the past but most strikers we come against will have some sort of history against us if they've been in this league long enough.

Now there's a question. Opinion is divided on the subject and if you have a browse through the last few pages of the Alan Pardew thread you'll get some idea of the views of the different factions. I think its a combination of some decent attacking football, some excellent defending and a slice of luck. Although as far as luck goes we've not had anything close to what Chelsea got against you lot at Stamford Bridge. In a lot of our matches we seem to play well for 45 minutes, more often the first rather than the second half. We can be good enough to hurt any side but go to crap if we have a lead. We sit back and invite pressure and we aren't very good at doing that.

Yep.

Shane Long had the best game, and scored the best goals, he's ever going to have on Monday.

He's not going to be putting in a performance like that again for a very long time.

Cheers for that fate tempting opinion brummie :)

How come? Cardiff second half/Liverpool second half/Chelsea first half/Spurs second half/Norwich second half? 3 goals conceded and only dropped points against Liverpool with 10 men. That's a fair return really so i wouldn't say we aren't very good at it.

Can only see this being a draw. WBA aren't a bad side on the road, only lost once away from home this season. West Brom are a decent side and particularly good at catching teams on the break, Pardew will have to be careful. Amalfitano, Long and Sessegnon are all quick, the latter I reckon is a top player, mental that the mackems ever let him go. The bits I've seen of Claudio Yacob, ive been impressed too.

I'd also echo the sentiments regarding Collocini and Long. Would much rather Williamson and MYM at centre half, especially given Colo's recent craic. I'd definitely take a draw, would be no shame in that, however a win would be fantastic.