Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe those fans are right and the people on this forum are just influenced by the more popular members?

Its a thought .....................nah Pardew is shite

:lol: how can the posters on this place be unanimous (almost) in calling Pardew out for the fraud that he is and that crowd excuse him from their anger??

See my previous post.

Do you agree with those opinions then or not?  i.e. Are those fans right about the situation, in your view?

I blame everyone to be honest. It seems the higher up the more the blame, but some of the players are a joke.

Well so do I, I think everyone at the club needs to share responsibility for days like yesterday.  Owner, "DOF", manager, players all not good enough.

However you're pointing to a bunch of quotes that absolve Pardew of any blame whatsoever, and asking if they're right and we're wrong/impressionable, etc.

So you know, I think you've answered your own question.

Absolutely heartbreaking to see fans genuinely think this bullshit. They're defending the undefendable with a straight face, having the audacity to criticise those that have always seen the truth.

Some fans read what he says without thinking about what he has said and they fall for it, people on here discuss things in more detail than most think.  I've had people at work repeat the shite that Pardew comes out with but as soon as you get into a discussion about it they realise he's talking shite.

Here's my view of why he's so hopeless in derbies.

Pardew's problem in derby games is that he doesn't understand them at all. He played for and managed a succession of London teams that don't have derbies (Brighton - Crystal Palace doesn't count) - the only real derby he's had before he rocked up here was an FA Cup arse-kicking at home to Portsmouth when he was at Southampton.

In his attempts to "understand what it means", he tries to overcompensate and subscribes to the sort of idiotic thinking that is always wheeled out in cliches before derby games - "the form book goes out the window", "it's all about pride", all this bollocks, and he drags the game down to its basest level. Long balls, go in hard, win ugly but just win.

The problem with this approach is that those cliches are wheeled out by the losers. I've seen Newcastle win a lot of derbies and the ones that have been the most comfortable have never been hard fought, or a matter of us "wanting it more" - they've been us turning up, breezing through it like we're having a wander round Tesco, beating them and fucking off home. 5-1 was fantastic but think of 2-0 under Keegan (Owen brace) and Robson (Bellamy and Shearer) as two of the easiest games I have ever seen Newcastle play. If you treat the game any differently to any other, that's when you come unstuck.

Teams that are shit tend to treat it differently, they try and drag the game down and try not to let a game of football break out - that's what the mackems did for years, unfortunately it tends to have the reverse effect because they race round more, leave ridiculous amounts of space, end up with ten men and get beat every time. That is now us. There's been loads of comments on here in the last 24 hours about the mackems "wanting it more" - really? Ki was playing with his fucking slippers on, he never broke sweat. I never saw any evidence of that whatsoever. It's just an easy cliche for a dire performance.

Have Spurs got a poorer record over the last 20 years against any teams other than Arsenal or Chelsea? Even since they've been good, they still generally turn up at the Emirates and get absolutely humiliated. Have Everton won less points against anyone than they have against Liverpool? Even this season, when they go to Arsenal and play them off the park, they still got battered at Anfield. The cliches and "passion" waffle simply aren't true and never have been. The better team will win derbies far more often than statistics would suggest they should because the other team is trying too hard.

This is where Pardew falls flat on his face. His meticulous preparation goes out the window in the run up to derbies. Instead he has John Carver showing the players DVDs of old derbies, trying to get them psyched up, trying to get them thinking like they're about to go to war. Hardly surprising that Santon and Anita started throwing themselves into tackles that they would never normally make. The mackems went through a succession of derby red cards because they got themselves in such a ridiculous psyched state beforehand - think of Cattermole shitting himself in the tunnel on Halloween (next to Kevin Nolan looking as if he's about to take a stroll with the dog) before going through the back of Tiote within the first minute.

There's absolutely no way Suarez and Ozil are watching old derby DVDs before they wander out and humiliate the locals again by being better at football. I would bet my life that those games are treated exactly the same as a game against a big side - of vital importance to win, but not to be played in a different way.

Our players simply aren't the type that can by psyched up into a frenzy that will allow them to outfight the opposition, instead they just look dazed and confused and stop even doing the things they are good at, instead they give away daft free kicks, belt it long and end up permanently out of position. We're going into these games thinking like an underdog and ultimately looking like one.

Pardew made a comment last week of "the performance doesn't matter, only the result" - he couldn't be more staggeringly wrong. That is something that can only be judged after the fact. The performance is everything and the result will generally take care of itself.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew's problem in derby games is that he doesn't understand them at all. He played for and managed a succession of London teams that don't have derbies (Brighton - Crystal Palace doesn't count) - the only real derby he's had before he rocked up here was an FA Cup arse-kicking at home to Portsmouth when he was at Southampton.

In his attempts to "understand what it means", he tries to overcompensate and subscribes to the sort of idiotic thinking that is always wheeled out in cliches before derby games - "the form book goes out the window", "it's all about pride", all this bollocks, and he drags the game down to its basest level. Long balls, go in hard, win ugly but just win.

The problem with this approach is that those cliches are wheeled out by the losers. I've seen Newcastle win a lot of derbies and the ones that have been the most comfortable have never been hard fought, or a matter of us "wanting it more" - they've been us turning up, breezing through it like we're having a wander round Tesco, beating them and f***ing off home. 5-1 was fantastic but think of 2-0 under Keegan (Owen brace) and Robson (Bellamy and Shearer) as two of the easiest games I have ever seen Newcastle play. If you treat the game any differently to any other, that's when you come unstuck.

Teams that are s*** tend to treat it differently, they try and drag the game down and try not to let a game of football break out - that's what the mackems did for years, unfortunately it tends to have the reverse effect because they race round more, leave ridiculous amounts of space, end up with ten men and get beat every time. That is now us. There's been loads of comments on here in the last 24 hours about the mackems "wanting it more" - really? Ki was playing with his f***ing slippers on, he never broke sweat. I never saw any evidence of that whatsoever. It's just an easy cliche for a dire performance.

Have Spurs got a poorer record over the last 20 years against any teams other than Arsenal or Chelsea? Even since they've been good, they still generally turn up at the Emirates and get absolutely humiliated. Have Everton won less points against anyone than they have against Liverpool? Even this season, when they go to Arsenal and play them off the park, they still got battered at Anfield. The cliches and "passion" waffle simply aren't true and never have been. The better team will win derbies far more often than statistics would suggest they should because the other team is trying too hard.

This is where Pardew falls flat on his face. His meticulous preparation goes out the window in the run up to derbies. Instead he has John Carver showing the players DVDs of old derbies, trying to get them psyched up, trying to get them thinking like they're about to go to war. Hardly surprising that Santon and Anita started throwing themselves into tackles that they would never normally make. The mackems went through a succession of derby red cards because they got themselves in such a ridiculous psyched state beforehand - think of Cattermole shitting himself in the tunnel on Halloween (next to Kevin Nolan looking as if he's about to take a stroll with the dog) before going through the back of Tiote within the first minute.

There's absolutely no way Suarez and Ozil are watching old derby DVDs before they wander out and humiliate the locals again by being better at football. I would bet my life that those games are treated exactly the same as a game against a big side - of vital importance to win, but not to be played in a different way.

Our players simply aren't the type that can by psyched up into a frenzy that will allow them to outfight the opposition, instead they just look dazed and confused and stop even doing the things they are good at, instead they give away daft free kicks, belt it long and end up permanently out of position.

Pardew made a comment last week of "the performance doesn't matter, only the result" - he couldn't be more staggeringly wrong. That is something that can only be judged after the fact. The performance is everything and the result will generally take care of itself.

Interesting analysis and bang on for my money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2550585/Questions-Newcastles-transfer-policy-continue-mount-derby-defeat.html

PARDEW FAILS TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER NEWCASTLE TRANSFERS

At the end of one of the most difficult weeks, and miserable games of his career, Pardew met the assembled daily press to fulfil his final media responsibilities of that week. He looked tired of it all, almost bereft of fight and justification. But questions needed to be asked.

He struggled to find the answers, at least the ones he might want to give, and which wouldn’t cost him his job.

This is how the conversation went:

Q: It’s a tough question to ask you but is the club, as it stands, capable of making permanent signings?

Pardew: 'Well ...'

Press officer: 'I think that’s an unfair one to ask the manager.'

Q: But it’s two transfer windows without one now and Alan said...

Pardew: 'I’ve got no comment to make on that one.'

Q: You said at the start of last week that the club can’t not replace Yohan, but that’s exactly what happened.

Pardew: 'I didn’t particularly say in this window though. I said, you know, we’ve got to get players of that class, there’s no doubt about that. So don’t try and angle that for this window because I think that’s unfair on me.'

Q: You said ‘we need to bring someone in, for sure. We can’t lose someone of his quality and not replace him. That would leave us vulnerable’. Do you stand by that?

Pardew: 'Well, I’ve said it, ain’t I? But I’m meaning in the long-term as well as the short-term, that it’s the quality we need. And, you know, today has been a tough day for us and I don’t really want to add any more to it, to be honest.

Q: Part of the problem you’ve got is that if you don’t speak out against not getting a replacement it makes it look as though you’re going along with the decisions the board is making and therefore you get criticism heaped on your shoulders and take the blame for that.

Pardew: 'Yeah, I’m a professional manager. You know, if I was in charge, solely, of transfers, the answer might be different, but I’m not.'

Q: It does feel sometimes that you’re being asked to manage with your hands tied behind your back.

Press officer: 'These are all quite unfair questions.'

Q: Unfortunately the manager is the only person who will speak for the club.

Silence.

Q: Alan, is there a collective blame for today, from the top of the club, right down to on the pitch.

Pardew: 'The only way I can answer what has happened today is that it’s a disappointing day for the club.'

Q: What do you say to Mike Ashley and Joe Kinnear when you’re having those discussions on Friday and it’s clear you’re not going to get a replacement (for Cabaye)? Do you make your opinions clear on that?

Pardew: 'I think I’ve made my opinion very clear this week and all the rest of it is confidentiality.'

Q: How do you lift yourself?

Pardew: 'I’ll be alright.'

Walks off.

The problem with this approach is that those cliches are wheeled out by the losers. I've seen Newcastle win a lot of derbies and the ones that have been the most comfortable have never been hard fought, or a matter of us "wanting it more" - they've been us turning up, breezing through it like we're having a wander round Tesco, beating them and f***ing off home. 5-1 was fantastic but think of 2-0 under Keegan (Owen brace) and Robson (Bellamy and Shearer) as two of the easiest games I have ever seen Newcastle play. If you treat the game any differently to any other, that's when you come unstuck.

Teams that are s*** tend to treat it differently, they try and drag the game down and try not to let a game of football break out - that's what the mackems did for years, unfortunately it tends to have the reverse effect because they race round more, leave ridiculous amounts of space, end up with ten men and get beat every time. That is now us. There's been loads of comments on here in the last 24 hours about the mackems "wanting it more" - really? Ki was playing with his f***ing slippers on, he never broke sweat. I never saw any evidence of that whatsoever. It's just an easy cliche for a dire performance.

Our players simply aren't the type that can by psyched up into a frenzy that will allow them to outfight the opposition, instead they just look dazed and confused and stop even doing the things they are good at, instead they give away daft free kicks, belt it long and end up permanently out of position.

Interesting analysis and bang on for my money.

:thup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2550585/Questions-Newcastles-transfer-policy-continue-mount-derby-defeat.html

At the end of one of the most difficult weeks, and miserable games of his career, Pardew met the assembled daily press to fulfil his final media responsibilities of that week. He looked tired of it all, almost bereft of fight and justification. But questions needed to be asked.

He struggled to find the answers, at least the ones he might want to give, and which wouldn’t cost him his job.

Q: It’s a tough question to ask you but is the club, as it stands, capable of making permanent signings?

Q: You said at the start of last week that the club can’t not replace Yohan, but that’s exactly what happened.

Pardew: 'I didn’t particularly say in this window though. I said, you know, we’ve got to get players of that class, there’s no doubt about that. So don’t try and angle that for this window because I think that’s unfair on me.'

Q: You said ‘we need to bring someone in, for sure. We can’t lose someone of his quality and not replace him. That would leave us vulnerable’. Do you stand by that?

Pardew: 'Well, I’ve said it, ain’t I? But I’m meaning in the long-term as well as the short-term, that it’s the quality we need. And, you know, today has been a tough day for us and I don’t really want to add any more to it, to be honest.

Q: Part of the problem you’ve got is that if you don’t speak out against not getting a replacement it makes it look as though you’re going along with the decisions the board is making and therefore you get criticism heaped on your shoulders and take the blame for that.

Pardew: 'Yeah, I’m a professional manager. You know, if I was in charge, solely, of transfers, the answer might be different, but I’m not.'

Q: It does feel sometimes that you’re being asked to manage with your hands tied behind your back.

Silence.

Q: Alan, is there a collective blame for today, from the top of the club, right down to on the pitch.

Pardew: 'The only way I can answer what has happened today is that it’s a disappointing day for the club.'

Q: What do you say to Mike Ashley and Joe Kinnear when you’re having those discussions on Friday and it’s clear you’re not going to get a replacement (for Cabaye)? Do you make your opinions clear on that?

Pardew: 'I think I’ve made my opinion very clear this week and all the rest of it is confidentiality.'

Walks off.

:lol:

The problem with this approach is that those cliches are wheeled out by the losers. I've seen Newcastle win a lot of derbies and the ones that have been the most comfortable have never been hard fought, or a matter of us "wanting it more" - they've been us turning up, breezing through it like we're having a wander round Tesco, beating them and fucking off home. 5-1 was fantastic but think of 2-0 under Keegan (Owen brace) and Robson (Bellamy and Shearer) as two of the easiest games I have ever seen Newcastle play. If you treat the game any differently to any other, that's when you come unstuck.

Teams that are shit tend to treat it differently, they try and drag the game down and try not to let a game of football break out - that's what the mackems did for years, unfortunately it tends to have the reverse effect because they race round more, leave ridiculous amounts of space, end up with ten men and get beat every time. That is now us. There's been loads of comments on here in the last 24 hours about the mackems "wanting it more" - really? Ki was playing with his fucking slippers on, he never broke sweat. I never saw any evidence of that whatsoever. It's just an easy cliche for a dire performance.

Our players simply aren't the type that can by psyched up into a frenzy that will allow them to outfight the opposition, instead they just look dazed and confused and stop even doing the things they are good at, instead they give away daft free kicks, belt it long and end up permanently out of position. We're going into these games thinking like an underdog and ultimately looking like one.

Excellent post.

Silence.

Walks off.

:lol: