Carr may be back

Skirge

Cracked me up to see listed Bernard as one of the first team 11 missing, first team he has not even been on the fkn bench since he came back!!

Carr's in race for Reading

Dec 5 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder is waiting for Stephen Carr before he can name his side for tomorrow's Premiership match with Reading at St James' Park.

The Republic of Ireland international has been out of action since he hurt his foot in the goalless draw at Manchester City on November 11, and is still only a 50-50 shout to return.

But if Carr has to sit out the first Premiership encounter between United and Reading it will mean that Roeder will no fewer than ELEVEN players not available to him because of injuries - the other 10 being Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi, Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Damien Duff, Craig Moore, Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Olivier Bernard and Titus Bramble.

Meanwhile, reports that Portsmouth want Bramble, which first surfaced a week on Sunday, hardly caused a ripple at St James' Park today.

United insist they have not had any approach from Pompey, but they are more concerned about getting Bramble back on to the pitch after he picked up a bad calf injury in Frankfurt last week.

The Chronicle can reveal that the central defender is struggling to make Saturday's trip to Blackburn Rovers.

Yet Roeder refused to be down today, telling me: "The big consolation for us is that, Kieron Dyer's freak accident apart, all our injuries were sustained in games.

"But the trouble we are having at the moment is that there are not too many reinforcements."

Roeder and Freddy Shepherd have refused to respond to Sir Alex Ferguson and his comments over the weekend.

The Manchester United boss took time in his Press conference on Friday to point the finger at Shepherd as the man who has been the architect behind allowing both Roeder and Middlesbrough's Gareth Southgate to manage in the Premiership even though they do not have the Pro-Licence - but does anyone dare tell him that neither does he?

The Manchester United boss also expressed his disappointment that Newcastle had not given Seppe Rossi more games, and said that the striker would be returning to Old Trafford at the end of the month.

All Roeder would say today was: "Seppe Rossi was at a funeral for our last Premiership game and, of course, Manchester United did not want him playing for us in Europe. But he is available again tomorrow and I am delighted that he is - and he should play some part for us."

Guest Ridzuan

I think Roeder is trying to appease Ferguson after he voiced out his unhappiness over Rossi's situation which of course,he shouldnt be doing.

Carr isn't as bad as people make out, but then again, Solano is better.  Solano imo would make for a better left back than Ramage, so why not hoy him over there?

I think Roeder is trying to appease Ferguson after he voiced out his unhappiness over Rossi's situation which of course,he shouldnt be doing.

Or there's the fact that with Dyer out it makes Rossi a certainty to be on the bench with us having no other strikers.

Carr isn't as bad as people make out, but then again, Solano is better. Solano imo would make for a better left back than Ramage, so why not hoy him over there?

because of the fact that Carr is worst then we make him look like,he is one of the main reason's we are 18th and fighting relegation,wheverr he gets dropped we win,and also Solano is 10 times better then Carr as RB

Guest Ridzuan

Or there's the fact that with Dyer out it makes Rossi a certainty to be on the bench with us having no other strikers.

Could be unless he decides to use Luque,which Im certain will not happen.

Guest Jinky James

I know Dyer cut his leg badly but is this preventing him from playing against Reading or has he another injury?

Can,t find any reason in the media or forums to say why he is out.

Been busy the last few days though.

Anyone enlighten me as to his injury because I think it would be a great loss for him to be out on Wednesday.

Does he have another job through the week preventing him from playing!!!

I know Dyer cut his leg badly but is this preventing him from playing against Reading or has he another injury?

Anyone enlighten me as to his injury because I think it would be a great loss for him to be out on Wednesday.

As I said yesterday he probably had to have 10+ stitches in his leg after that gash which will have meant he won't have trained until yesterday at the earliest and I don't think it would be wise to risk a player who has a history of injury on just 2 days training.

Much better idea to let him recover then play him on Saturday.

Guest theunis

I do agree here we probably make Carr look worse than he is, but fact is Nobby has been super there and think Rouder needs to stick with that, it has been working.

Also think 10 stitches is no joke especialy on the legg will take time to heal, agree would love him playing with martins, but think will be better let it heal.

Dont think the Sibi& Martins combo works that well tbh, just think Martins needs a faster partner in attack.

really hopes he dosn't make it,he is by far worst then any player i saw in the club..

and its really shitty that roeder will give rossi ANOTHER game even though ferguson said he will take him back..

Not like we have much choice in the situation is it?

Whilst he is here we might aswel use him, for what its worth.

really hopes he dosn't make it,he is by far worst then any player i saw in the club..

and its really shitty that roeder will give rossi ANOTHER game even though ferguson said he will take him back..

choice in what,do u mean we have no other strikers?

i put luque,sibreski,troisi,and any youngster ahead of him..

he is not even our player

how about using luque while is he here? :D

choice in what,do u mean we have no other strikers?

i put luque,sibreski,troisi,and any youngster ahead of him..

he is not even our player

how about using luque while is he here? :D

You would use Troisi based on what? Because he is our player? Get real.

Luque has proved to most people that he isnt good enough to play for Newcastle, he should just be played in the reserves till January and then be sold back to some Spanish side.

Fuck off, Carr, you fucking fuck. You big, stupid, bald dwarf: go join Villa where they might appreciate a fucking has-been like yourself. You idiotic seething midget. You ugly fat cunt. Learn how to head a ball, you shitbag.

Guest Pugwash

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Fuck off, Carr, you fucking fuck. You big, stupid, bald dwarf: go join Villa where they might appreciate a fucking has-been like yourself. You idiotic seething midget. You ugly fat cunt. Learn how to head a ball, you shitbag.

:lol:

Nomination for post of the year.

:thup:

As I said yesterday he probably had to have 10+ stitches in his leg after that gash which will have meant he won't have trained until yesterday at the earliest and I don't think it would be wise to risk a player who has a history of injury on just 2 days training.

Much better idea to let him recover then play him on Saturday.

aye what he said! Newcastle United make a sensible decision blueeek.gif

How much I want to see Dyer play, its probably best that he misses out on this one, that gash looked fairly nastly.

Well put.

:lol: :thup:

This is what I wanted to post.