Newcastle United 5 - 1 Stoke City - 26/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 39

Rich

Don't think Stoke can complain about much. You can hardly blame a 5-1 defeat on a missed unlucky handball at the other end of the pitch. Their own fault they had 9 men, their own fault they conceded pens, their own fault they conceded goals.

:thup:

What's the best Stoke forum to look on? Should have some reactions on there  :lol:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/224076/martin-atkinson-stoke-match-thread

Note the thread title. :yao:

The FA should step in and abandon this game & replay it later in season. Referee is a fcking joke! Missus swears Atkinson fist pumped when Remy scored

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/224144/end-martin-atkinson#ixzz2obLaIvaG

:spit:

When did Cabaye cheat today? :lol: When the defender pushed him in the box? Probably went down a little easily and, actually, I suppose he is the first player in the history of the sport to do that, so they might have a point.

The Stoke fans are tweeting the @FA

@Bigchompnath 6m

@FA Martin Atkinson should made to pay every travelling stoke fan there money back today #banatkinson #scfc

@RiojaPlease 7m

Really disgusted by the bad refereeing at the Newcastle v Stoke game, Atkinson ruined a good competitive game, the @FA should ban him

@cjmosiuk 21m

The @FA ought to ask Martin Atkinson to explain numerous decisions he's made today. He's totally let Stoke down. #BanTwatkinson

@footballnews27 43m

@FA Ban atkinson #Disgraceful stoke fans have paid alot of money for a game to be ruined by a ref

Josh is in meltdown

@YatesSCFC 51m

@FA yes I'm a stoke fan yes I'm going to be biased but can you tell me WHY on gods great earth YOUR Martin Atkinson has made these decisions

@YatesSCFC 50m

@FA not only has he ruined a Boxing Day game that was promising for all fans but he also ruins the Christmases of the stoke fans who YOU

‏@YatesSCFC 50m

@FA make travel 300+ miles for a game and then 300+ miles again on Sunday?!?! I thought it was the fans that paid your wages yet you give

@YatesSCFC 49m

@FA nothing in return!! No wonder other countries surpass OURS when our league is officiated by such error prone and run by money grabbing

@YatesSCFC 30m

@FA any thoughts??Think it would make a great statement if you were to reply to a fan?! 14 greendale drive waterhayes village st5 7tu thanks

Some cracks papered over in what was an annoying first half, but that was too fun a second half for me to bleat on about it. Hope to see this for the Arsenal game:

Krul

Debuchy  Willo  Colo  Haidara

Sissoko  Tiote  Cabaye  HBA

Remy      Gouff

The two penalties were clear as day like, and they were lucky not to concede at least two more of them. The first sending off was harsh but it's a fucking idiotic challenge for Whelan to make when he'd just been booked and it's obvious he knew fine well he'd be sent off by his lack of protestation. The second sending off was pretty justified considering Remy was almost certainly going to score, and it was another ridiculously daft piece of defending when they'd just gone down to ten :dontknow:

Much as Atkinson was gash, Stoke's players didn't exactly make things easy for themselves...

As for the result and performance, as delighted as I am with the second half, I thought it papered over the cracks. We were pathetic in the first 40 minutes and hopefully that won't be overlooked by Pardew - we could easily have been three down before the sending off and can't afford to play so badly on Sunday.

@YatesSCFC 30m

@FA any thoughts??Think it would make a great statement if you were to reply to a fan?! 14 greendale drive waterhayes village st5 7tu thanks

Daft lad.

Yep, he missed a key part of his address out NEWCASTLE-under-lyme

Dunno what Hughes was moaning about, you saw him say to Cabaye he was gonna do him, 5 minutes later he punts him in the back of the ankle and I heard it from the back of the East Stand, so the ref certainly did. Walked off grinning straight away as well. Be angry at your own player dickhead.

Got a cheap laugh after the chant of "Are you Sunderland in disguise" at 5-1 by following it up with "Your disguise is fucking shit"

The two penalties were clear as day like, and they were lucky not to concede at least two more of them. The first sending off was harsh but it's a fucking idiotic challenge for Whelan to make when he'd just been booked and it's obvious he knew fine well he'd be sent off by his lack of protestation. The second sending off was pretty justified considering Remy was almost certainly going to score, and it was another ridiculously daft piece of defending when they'd just gone down to ten :dontknow:

Much as Atkinson was gash, Stoke's players didn't exactly make things easy for themselves...

As for the result and performance, as delighted as I am with the second half, I thought it papered over the cracks. We were pathetic in the first 40 minutes and hopefully that won't be overlooked by Pardew - we could easily have been three down before the sending off and can't afford to play so badly on Sunday.

I don't think that's the right turn of phrase, cos, really, there's no cracks to be papered over at the moment - we're in tremendous form and playing well.

However, Stoke's self-destruction did save us to some extent today cos we were lethargic in the first half. Though I never felt at any point that a defeat was a certainty.

Brilliant result very much assisted by the opposition shooting themselves in the foot.

Those Stoke fans must be mental. The only outright poor decision made was the Williamson handball which should have been given. Everything else (the reds/pens) were all clear, only the first red is soft and that's completely on the boneheaded idiot that decided to do two stupid fouls within minutes of each other.

They should be thankful that the two other pen shouts weren't given as they very well could have been any other day.

Anyway, good result. Although it was always going to be ours after the second red. Before that we were poor, left them in far too much space and let them come at us. We needed to be closing them down.

I don't think that's the right turn of phrase, cos, really, there's no cracks to be papered over at the moment - we're in tremendous form and playing well.

However, Stoke's self-destruction did save us to some extent today. Though I never felt at any point that a defeat was a certainty.

Brilliant result very much assisted by the opposition shooting themselves in the foot.

Hmm. It papered over the cracks in the way we set up for this particular match, I mean - obviously our recent form can't be questioned. They fully deserved their goal when they got it and we weren't in the game at all up to that point, we were pegged back into our six yard box at times and looked toothless at the other end. I'm not at all convinced that we would've got back into it without their first sending off tbh.

The two penalties were clear as day like, and they were lucky not to concede at least two more of them. The first sending off was harsh but it's a f***ing idiotic challenge for Whelan to make when he'd just been booked and it's obvious he knew fine well he'd be sent off by his lack of protestation. The second sending off was pretty justified considering Remy was almost certainly going to score, and it was another ridiculously daft piece of defending when they'd just gone down to ten :dontknow:

However, Stoke's self-destruction did save us to some extent today cos we were lethargic in the first half. Though I never felt at any point that a defeat was a certainty.

Somewhat disagree with you here Yorkie.

We were very poor in the first half.

Oh one other thing. If the guys would stop being so sentimental with the penalties that would be great. Give it to Benny or Shola or Cabaye. Stop giving the around to whoever hasn't scored in x games.

Aye, didn't like how Remy got it at 1-0 down, even with nine men. Win the game first ffs, like when we gave it to Cisse.