Newcastle United 5 - 1 Stoke City - 26/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 39

Rich

This forum would be raging if we had two reds and two penalties against us :lol:

In what respect? At the players it probably would have been. The decisions themselves I bet the players would be slated and rightly so.

No chance, for football fans 50/50 decision always equals ref was wrong. I've been on here games when we've had two off and it's always carnage. :lol:

Same with diving- defended when we do it, slated when other teams do it

I'm sure some would and I'd probably make more of the significance of Williamson handball - but their players would bloody stupid. They blew it, I'd be fuming. And I certainly wouldn't put a 5-1 defeat down to "robbed. end of."

The stoke fans are quoting this, I haven't seen the game but this NUFC fan seems to be siding with them instead of you guys, in saying it was the ref that won the game for us.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2013/12/26/magpies-demolish-9-man-stoke-city-5-1/

The Stoke fans love this :)

Nice of the perpetually nonsensical Nufcblog to validate the fact that Stoke fans are chatting shit.

The stoke fans are quoting this, I haven't seen the game but this NUFC fan seems to be siding with them instead of you guys, in saying it was the ref that won the game for us.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2013/12/26/magpies-demolish-9-man-stoke-city-5-1/

The Stoke fans love this :)

I agree that we were lucky in how the game turned around for us, but that doesn't mean to say Stoke were to blame.

The only bad luck against them was if the ball went out of play just before our 2nd goal.

Fuck them. I remember the game at their place a couple of seasons ago when Pardew out-Stoked them. Before the game I think they'd hit the lofty heights of lower top-half of the table and they were talking about how the mighty Stoke should be crushing lowly little Newcastle  :lol: They are just like Sunderland, adding nothing at all to the league, just lingering around like a bad smell.

I think Stoke need a new motto, something like nothing is ever our fault

Yes they had two players sent off and had two penalties awarded against them but if they weren't already down to 9 men they could have had a couple more players sent off and we could have had 2-3 more penalties.  If anything, Atkinson was pretty f***ing lenient towards them in the 2nd half.

Agree. Only decision that I felt was really unfair on Stoke was the Mike Williamson handball. The red cards were fair, Stoke only have themselves to blame.

@CaulkinTheTimes 57s

Pardew says "wasn't a fun afternoon for 35 mins." Said first sending-off "soft-ish" wasn't happy Remy took 1st penalty, overall delighted.

Agree with all of that, though surely Pardew should be in charge of who takes pens.

:thup: Am I imagining that that seems to have been his reaction when that happened a couple of times before?

Ah well, the most minor of minor complaints. What a result. :aww:

@CaulkinTheTimes 57s

Pardew says "wasn't a fun afternoon for 35 mins." Said first sending-off "soft-ish" wasn't happy Remy took 1st penalty, overall delighted.

Agree with all of that, though surely Pardew should be in charge of who takes pens.

In those situations a manager is only an advisor. If a player has enough will power to step up and insist he's taking it then there is little anyone can do unless someone else is equally as strong willed in wanting to take it.

The f***'s with Ian W's username? Childish as f***.

A reference to something he said in the Jimmy Savile thread I think. Was sure it had been changed back this morning :lol:.

It was changed back, would appreciate it sorting!

:lol: