Clark

Darlow

Ritchie

Kraft

Shelvey

Hendrick

Gayle

Five of those fuckers started yesterday. :lol: 

Cant wait to ship a lot of these useless dudes off to Championship clubs where they belong. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

All those who were with us during the Championship season need binning except maybe Dummett if he could keep fit. They signed, did their job in getting us up and keeping us up, but they've been here 2-3 seasons too many. 

And I'd also give Wilson a 10 year contract because I fucking love him. 

So how are we hoping Howe will line us up?

I'm hoping for this:

Wilson

St Max  

Almiron - Hayden - Willock - Murphy

Ritchie - Lascelles - Fernandez - Manquillo 

Dubravka

I'd want Schar and Lewis to start eventually but I'd prefer if those two are eased in, I think they could both end up being a liability if rushed back in. Also hopefully Eddie could bring something out of Fraser because Murphy is not a premier league standard winger.

Ball winning midfielder who can control the game should be the priority in January. 

Dubravka

Manquillo Schar Fernandez Lewis

Joelinton Shelvey Willock Saint-Max

Almiron

Wilson

Only doubts I have are either Fraser/Murphy instead of Joelinton, and not having a clue what the most suitable midfield pair would be for Howe’s style.

I agree with the list generally --- identifying problem areas.  

Jan

----

3-4 starters in the midfield and back line.  Meaning that Clark, Krafte, Ritchie, and Shelvey won't be starting.

Summer

-------

Chelsea (2003-4)-style transfer window. Replace everything except ASM and Dubravka. I'd keep Wilson, Longstaff, and few others that prove useful. At first blush, I think the players you've kept are right.  I love Wilson, but given his injury history, we shouldn't be relying on him next year.

Dubs, Almiron, ASM, Wilson, Willock and Schar are the only ones I'd keep tbh and even then after two years we should move on from them as well. ASM is the only one that has long term potential but if we're going to push for top 8 then he needs to improve certain parts of his game to start in a team like that. Same could maybe be said for Willock but we'll see. 

Dubravka

Manquillo  Schär  Fede  Lewis

Hayden

Willock     Almiron

Fraser                                ASM

Wilson

or

Dubravka

Schär    Fede   Dummett

Fraser  Willock  Hayden  Ritchie

Almiron    ASM

Wilson

Dubravka

manq.     Shar.     Fede.     Lewis

New cdm.  New cdm 

willock.        ASM.          Almiron 

Wilson 

14 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

@Chris_R what do you think of those teams?

:lol:

I'm trying to comprehend why Wilson is in goal.

Absolute fucking lunatics that do teams that way round, honestly just put the goalkeeper at the bottom like a functional human being?

lfHhxD0.png

Essentially a replica of his Bournemouth 4-4-2 formation and structure. Instil some confidence into that team, have them go out believing they will win rather than hoping they can draw and we have a solid base there to begin gathering some points - even prior to January. The wide midfielders offer decent defensive protection to the full backs and Hayden drops deep to help the defence. Build patiently from the back for the most part, Schar and Fernandez primarily looking for short, safe passes to the full backs to advance up the wings. Occasionally use Schar's passing range and Wilson's ability to hold up the ball and get Saint-Maximin, Willock, Almiron & Joelinton finding space behind him and making runs beyond.

Will take some time to remind the players they can actually play, and there will certainly be some mistakes and crooked places to make straight along the way, but we have 6-7 players there who are more than capable, and possess a level of ability way beyond what they're currently displaying. I truly believe that.

Edited by Infinitely Content

Just now, Barnes23 said:

Same. Just don't think ASM is anywhere near as effective in the middle. 

Yeah, teams tend to double, maybe even triple up on him. If he's out wide he drags those defenders out to the wing to create space for Wilson or a late runner in Willock or Almiron. When he's in the middle he doesn't have anywhere near that impact. ASM is a winger, a bloody good one. Not a number 10 or CF.

Martin Dubravka:
Thu 11.11.2021 Slovenia (h) WCQ
Sun 14.11.2021 Malta (a) WCQ

Jeff Hendrick (Ireland):
Thu 11.11.2021 Portugal (h) WCQ
Sun 14.11.2021 Luxembourg (a) WCQ

Emil Krafth (Sweden):
Thu 11.11.2021 Georgia (a) WCQ
Sun 14.11.2021 Spain (a) WCQ

Jamal Lewis (Northern Ireland):
Fri 12.11.2021 Lithuania (h) WCQ
Mon 15.11.2021 Italy (h) WCQ

Fabian Schar (Switerland):
Fri 12.11.2021 Italy (a) WCQ
Mon 15.11.2021 Bulgaria (h) WCQ

Elliot Anderson (Scotland U21s):
Fri 12.11.2021 Kazakhstan (h) ECQ
Tue 16.11.2021 Belgium (h) ECQ

Oisin McEntee (Ireland U21s):
Fri 12.11.2021 Italy (h)
Tue 16.11.2021 Sweden (h)

I think we’ll see something like this in a 4-4-1-1

Dubravka

Manquillo

Lascelles

Fernandez

Lewis

Murphy

Hayden

Willock

Fraser

ASM

Wilson

Leaving the likes of Almiron, Joelinton and (grits teeth) Shelvey as game changers.

Not that I think that’s our best XI, just how I see our squad fitting Howe’s formation.

EDIT: Just saw @Infinitely Content’s post. What he said, with some minor changes.

Edited by Raconteur