Remy Cabella

Yaron

If Pardew is as bad as most seem to think, why is Cabella joining us? He'll have had the chance to speak at length to Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko and Cabaye. It doesn't sound like they've given him a bad reference.

As far as I'm concerned, Pardew still has something to prove, but this unrelenting negativity doesn't quite fit.

Remy -> Liverpool/Arsenal (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Debuchy -> Arsenal (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Cabaye -> PSG (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Sissoko -> ?

We tell them they can earn themselves a lucrative move to a proper club if they perform well for a year or two and get us the decent resale uplift that pays for the next player or three. We're Wigan Athletic in a bigger stadium.

It's not rocket science.

Wigan Athletic won the FA Cup just over a year ago. We're nothing like them. :lol:

:lol: I was like "Damn!" When I read Dave's post. Then I read this and Daaaaaaaaamn. :okay:

Guest bimpy474

Fuck off to the 'Pardew makes me cut myself' thread with the Pardew shite. 

We've signed two players for actual money!  Good players!  And one of them's called Remy!  Hopefully we'll transition to a 4-3-3 with Cabella on the left of a front 3 with HBA on the right and a new striker up top.  SDJ sitting in behind them with Sissoko and Anita bossing the midfield.  Unstoppable :frantic:

I really hope we do go 4-3-3, still can't fathom why Pardew has refused to use it for so long.

If Pardew is as bad as most seem to think, why is Cabella joining us? He'll have had the chance to speak at length to Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko and Cabaye. It doesn't sound like they've given him a bad reference.

As far as I'm concerned, Pardew still has something to prove, but this unrelenting negativity doesn't quite fit.

For the avoidance of Doubt, Pardew is Mullins over Mascherano, Gosling over Ben Arfa, Elliott over the emergency pilot in Airplane!, Archer over Orwell, Big Country over the Ramones, Brighton Belles over Golden Girls, Barney the Dinosaur over Godzilla, In the Night Garden over Jamie and His Magic Torch, Kula Shaker over Super Furry Animals, Chris Evans over Howard Stern, The Business over the Long Good Friday and Williamson over Baresi - negative cunty bollocks 0 lollipops, sunshine, romance and common sense 4.

:lol: :thup:

Guest bimpy474

⚕ Chris ⚕ ‏@kicka11 10 mins

Oh I love this quote: “As long as Pardew is in charge signing quality players will be like pouring perfume on a pig.”. #nufc

Mission Hill, Boston

Oh ffs, getting credit for my quote :lol:

No reason to be negative now. The best part of the season is easily going to be designing these symmetrical, aggressive, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2 FM lineups where Ben Arfa is playing, Sissoko is playing in his best position and Cabella and De Jong are doing all the things they do in the video highlights, combining with the 20 goal a season striker we are getting.

Before the actual real life football part, and the 90 minutes of losing possession, Colback lumping it forward and ultimately losing 0-1 to Hull.

No reason to be negative now. The best part of the season is easily going to be designing these symmetrical, aggressive, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2 FM lineups where Ben Arfa is playing, Sissoko is playing in his best position and Cabella and De Jong are doing all the things they do in the video highlights, combining with the 20 goal a season striker we are getting.

Before the actual real life football part, and the 90 minutes of losing possession, Colback lumping it forward and ultimately losing 0-1 to Hull.

:lol: Giving blueprints to a blind man.

For the avoidance of Doubt, Pardew is Mullins over Mascherano, Gosling over Ben Arfa, Elliott over the emergency pilot in Airplane!, Archer over Orwell, Big Country over the Ramones, Brighton Belles over Golden Girls, Barney the Dinosaur over Godzilla, In the Night Garden over Jamie and His Magic Torch, Kula Shaker over Super Furry Animals, Chris Evans over Howard Stern, The Business over the Long Good Friday and Williamson over Baresi - negative cunty bollocks 0 lollipops, sunshine, romance and common sense 4.

:clap:

Maybe I'm a sap but a couple of more signings like this (forwards, mainly) and I'll be looking forward to our games next season. Yes, the manager is a turd and the owner isn't doing things the way we would like but I'm not capable of ignoring the club. Watching us, following us, match day - it's what Saturday's/weekends are all about, and it's all very well saying that you'll get involved again when the ownership changes but what if it never does? What if the next owner is like Cellino at Leeds or Tan at Cardiff? Obviously they are extreme examples and both complete lunatics but it could happen. I can understand not wanting to fuel Ashley's fortune and I don't support him in the slightest, but the prospect of not having that match day to look forward to is unfathomable to me. In many ways, the club have me by the balls and Ashley knows that.

The Pardew thing has been done to death but it has been shown that if the players are good enough they can override his shitness, so more players of this ilk the better. In 6 months I'll no doubt be moaning that he is being played too deep/on the bench but that's future me's problem.

Matchdays towards the end of last season were the pits. Days of dread then 90 minutes of wanting Newcastle to lose.

That's why I packed it in. Still feels shite but the thought of watching an Alan Pardew team feels worse. That hasn't changed. First day, I'll be hoping for a City win.

I want the best for NUFC and at present that is getting humiliated every game until he's gone.

Fair points, 2014 matches have been a struggle.

I struggle with wanting us to lose, just because I dread who the replacement would be. Ashley has dug up JFK twice and tried really hard to unleash O'Leary on us. I think we'd have to be relegated for him to be sacked - if there was a guarantee Ashley and Pardew would go then I'd take it, but sadly that is not a guarantee.

How are any of those choices worse than Pardew though?  I mean he's less obviously embarrassing but as a manager he's the fucking pitts, can't think of anyone worse.

So you would take JFK over Pardew?

I don't like Pardew, but that is absurd. O'Leary, well, after brummie's review of him I'm pleased we avoided him. The grass isn't always greener but when your grass is covered in shit anyway beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

I dont want Kinnear, I just don't understand being scared of any alternatives.  Even with Kinnear IMO the only way he's worse is that he's no good at convincing people he isn't shit, which apparently Pardew has a fucking PHD in.  Make no mistake 99% of the grass is greener.

In many ways that's better though, when Kinnear was boss/associated with the club we were an active joke. At least now we're only a joke to ourselves, everybody else has been blinded by Pardew's bullshit. As you say, seemingly Pardew can convince players he's not a total cunt, something Kinnear would probably struggle in.

:lol: Jesus, this is grim no matter what way you look at it. Welcome Cabella

Much better to have a manager who's unquestionably shit than this fraudster.  At least the obviously shit manager gets sacked because everyone sees he's shit.  We might look a joke for a bit until he's sacked but I'd take that over the horrendous limbo we're in now.  Terrible manager who's enough of a bullshiter to keep a lot of people thinking he isn't terrible, that's as bad as it gets IMO.

That guy would have been here for life if he didn't have the heart attack :lol:

:lol:  Cheers, the optimism lasted about 3 hours then.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Optimism_ff4dd3_1013339.jpeg

We've signed two players for actual money!  Good players!  And one of them's called Remy!  Hopefully we'll transition to a 4-3-3 with Cabella on the left of a front 3 with HBA on the right and a new striker up top.  SDJ sitting in behind them with Sissoko and Anita bossing the midfield.  Unstoppable :frantic:

I've got to say, I admire the way you've reached acceptance so quickly (re: 5 stages of grief). I think most of us are just so depressed that we cannot bring ourselves to hope anymore.

Guest bimpy474

So you nicked it from someone else and you're getting annoyed about your nicked joke getting nicked? :lol:

Not trying to start a fight tonight btw, too world-weary at the minute.

Aye i did, but it was from a 1987 B movie like. And i'm not annoyed at all, it's funny is all.

My days end best when this Frenchie gets himself

Behind that little mackem whos been nutmegged on the touchline

It is so picturesque oh yes its an unbelievable sight

We took our time but weve finally found our new Cabaye

As Cabella

As Cabella ohhh

to the chorus of Arabella by Arctic Monkeys

I've got to say, I admire the way you've reached acceptance so quickly (re: 5 stages of grief). I think most of us are just so depressed that we cannot bring ourselves to hope anymore.

I haven't reached 'acceptance'.  I'm just not a boring, repetitive, negative, miserable git.

Feels at the moment I support Newcastle without necessarily enjoying it until I know we're safe, have a sigh of relief and then settle in for the exciting championship/relegation battles.

:lol: :thup:

Except Kula Shaker piss all over Super Furry Animals.

International midfielder Rémy Cabella Montpellier (24 years, 1 selection, under contract until 2016) is expected Monday in Newcastle, where he should commit for a long period (6 years?). An agreement was reached between the 10th of the last Premier League leaders and MHSC. While the Magpies had proposed 8 ME, Louis Nicollin, the Montpellier president has upped the ante to 15 ME. According to our information, the transaction would be concluded around 10 ME, including bonuses.

Guest pont-toon

International midfielder Rémy Cabella Montpellier (24 years, 1 selection, under contract until 2016) is expected Monday in Newcastle, where he should commit for a long period (6 years?). An agreement was reached between the 10th of the last Premier League leaders and MHSC. While the Magpies had proposed 8 ME, Louis Nicollin, the Montpellier president has upped the ante to 15 ME. According to our information, the transaction would be concluded around 10 ME, including bonuses.

Merci !

The idea of Ben Arfa getting back in form and shape with Cabella being decent is a mouth watering prospect. Then I remember it's this dickhead is running the show.

:pardsgrin:

IT's not Pardew's job to knuckle down, lose weight and get back to his best form/fitness, to be fair.  Ben Arfa doesnt help himself

You missed the point completely.  :lol:

Go on..  :lol:

An in form and in shape Ben Arfa coupled with how good this Cabella fella could be, would amazing viewing and very effective given how quick and technical they both are. Pardew though, seems to find ways to never really set us up to attack in an open minded fashion. Pardew would balls up having two great talents like this by never being able to get them to play together in a free flowing attacking manner, that's what I was getting at.

Of course you're right it's up to Ben Arfa to sort himself out regarding fitness, desire and doing his share of defending for the team. All that aside though, if you have a talent like Ben Arfa there is ways to setup so you don't require him to defend like that. Personally I'd never want him in our half, he's a player that should always be on the shoulders of the defence ready receive the ball and attack.