Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest pont-toon

So this lad is more of a wide player than a central attacking midfield/second striker like De Jong ?

Neither really a replacement for Cabaye then ??

Cabella played as a #10 in his last season at Montpellier. Cabaye was the most advanced of a midfield trio in his last half-season here so you could say Cabella is Cabaye's replacement as the central creative midfielder more than de Jong, whom Pardew believes to be a striker. Of course you can expect them to be switched around - de Jong as a second striker, main striker, Cabella as a AM or on the wings...

So this lad is more of a wide player than a central attacking midfield/second striker like De Jong ?

I hope Capella is more of a winger tbh. Couldn't handle Sissoko & Gouffran on the wings again.... Awful.

I hope Capella is more of a winger tbh. Couldn't handle Sissoko & Gouffran on the wings again.... Awful.

Gouffran should be played as a striker only, I don't care if he is backup (although I would play him ahead of Cisse).

He played at Bordeaux for a while as a wide player and was pretty bang average, he was moved up front and started banging them away. He has come here and we've practically played him as a second full back. Complete waste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0cjGVpKLd4&sns=tw

Haha! My bad  :lol:

I should probably check the thread title for correct spelling next time  :razz:

Gouffran should be played as a striker only, I don't care if he is backup (although I would play him ahead of Cisse).

He played at Bordeaux for a while as a wide player and was pretty bang average, he was moved up front and started banging them away. He has come here and we've practically played him as a second full back. Complete waste.

This is why I can't get overly excited when we sign players as highly rated as Cabella.  You just don't know how he'll be used before he's frozen out.

This is why I can't get overly excited when we sign players as highly rated as Cabella.  You just don't know how he'll be used before he's frozen out.

hard to imagine ashley would fall for this shit again after he's ruined then frozen out hba, cisse, HBA, marv & *cough* obertan....this would make cabella around his record signing, if he turns to shit and is sitting on the bench i imagine ashley will want to know why

It has forced him into a variety of situations: on the left wing in a 4-4-2, as the No. 10 in a 4-3-1-2, behind the No. 9 as a deep-lying forward in a 4-4-1-1 and he was previously a right attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1.

Pardews wet dream, will be used as a defensive winger in a 4-4-1-1.

Realistically if we get these players, so Cabella plus five that squad is capable of challenging the top 6, so anyone who peddles the "pardew has his hands tied" bullshit can pipe down

He's never had his hands tied anyway, no one since Robson has been able to buy as much talent as he has.

Unfortunately Robson was outstanding and Pardew is a f*cking idiot.

Damn it Newcastle, stop raising my expectations/optimism for the new season! Haha.

In all seriousness though, what a brilliant signing this will be if we get this done.