Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest chopey

Tbh I can quite believe 1/3rd have decided to call it a day and won't be surprised if the actual figure is slightly higher.

Yeah, I don't struggle to believe that 1/3 have cancelled, instead I struggle to believe that 2/3 are still thinking of going.

Just baffles me that tens of thousands still think it's sensible to spend £600 and rock up every week to watch this shitshow.

I would say a fair percentage of those that have signed up have done it in the hope that a takeover goes through and they don't lose their seats.

Tbh I can quite believe 1/3rd have decided to call it a day and won't be surprised if the actual figure is slightly higher.

Yeah, I don't struggle to believe that 1/3 have cancelled, instead I struggle to believe that 2/3 are still thinking of going.

Just baffles me that tens of thousands still think it's sensible to spend £600 and rock up every week to watch this shitshow.

I would say a fair percentage of those that have signed up have done it in the hope that a takeover goes through and they don't lose their seats.

know of several.

know of several.

They're either idiots or liars, then. Or both.

I don't doubt that people of that mindset exist, but for it to be 2/3s of our fanbase seems disappointing.

know of several.

They're either idiots or liars, then. Or both.

I don't doubt that people of that mindset exist, but for it to be 2/3s of our fanbase seems disappointing.

a couple are idiots, ones a liar but the rest are definitely neither.

Its great that so many have cancelled but I have one reservation.  Knowing how vindictive the fat get is, he will simply sell of the crown jewels to offset the loss to ST revenue.

Let him sell them. He loses even more money once we go down.

Its great that so many have cancelled but I have one reservation.  Knowing how vindictive the fat get is, he will simply sell of the crown jewels to offset the loss to ST revenue.

He’ll just get a budget manager. Someone happy just to be in a job on £1-2m a year would pretty much cover the offset in ticket sales if the 10k figure is correct.

Let him sell them. He loses even more money once we go down.

This. Newcastle getting relegated won't cost me a single penny. If he wants to smash his own toys up out of spite, let him.

I have three season tickets, or should I say HAD.  I decided during this whole takeover lie that I wasn't going to renew but, my dad has asked, at the weekend, for me to renew one for him as he wants to still go.  I am not going to have a go at him for that, he is 80 and really doesn't understand he politics or the situation with Ashley, he just enjoys to watch the football.

So I rang the box office today to ask them if I can renew his seat and the girl told me that today they have done something with the computer system to flush down all seats that are not renewed to enable them to be offered for general sale next week.  That kind of blows any theory that may have been lingering that a renewal extension may be offered.

They are pressing ahead with a general sale starting on Monday.  They said that by tomorrow they will be able to accept an order to renew a seat for him.  So I will call tomorrow to renew his for him but, I am still not renewing mine or my sons.  I hate what Ashley is doing to our club and more importantly the fans.. 

Recently I had the chance to speak to an ex player of Newcastle that I bumped into and he said that privately Ashley has never hidden his motives for owning Newcastle and the ambition (lack of) that he has for the club.  It is simply a vessel to generate cash and to promote his other business interests.  This player told me on the year that players did not receive a bonus Ashley himself came into the dressing room to tell them he was using the money he had planned to give to them as a bonus to provide bonuses to his Sports Direct staff instead.  Cold and clear as that. 

There is a spread sheet in the managers office with every players name on it and a value, if that value is offered that player can be sold. 

The word around football players is that Newcastle is a terrible club and not one to join if you have other options available, kind of explains that we are linked to so many players but, never sign hardly any of them!

He said that players and staff at Newcastle would be the last people to know what was happening on any take over front but, he did say that he loved his time with us and that he hoped good times would return again in the future - fat (cunt) chance in my opinion!

I have three season tickets, or should I say HAD.  I decided during this whole takeover lie that I wasn't going to renew but, my dad has asked, at the weekend, for me to renew one for him as he wants to still go.  I am not going to have a go at him for that, he is 80 and really doesn't understand he politics or the situation with Ashley, he just enjoys to watch the football.

So I rang the box office today to ask them if I can renew his seat and the girl told me that today they have done something with the computer system to flush down all seats that are not renewed to enable them to be offered for general sale next week.  That kind of blows any theory that may have been lingering that a renewal extension may be offered.

They are pressing ahead with a general sale starting on Monday.  They said that by tomorrow they will be able to accept an order to renew a seat for him.  So I will call tomorrow to renew his for him but, I am still not renewing mine or my sons.  I hate what Ashley is doing to our club and more importantly the fans.. 

Recently I had the chance to speak to an ex player of Newcastle that I bumped into and he said that privately Ashley has never hidden his motives for owning Newcastle and the ambition (lack of) that he has for the club.  It is simply a vessel to generate cash and to promote his other business interests.  This player told me on the year that players did not receive a bonus Ashley himself came into the dressing room to tell them he was using the money he had planned to give to them as a bonus to provide bonuses to his Sports Direct staff instead.  Cold and clear as that. 

There is a spread sheet in the managers office with every players name on it and a value, if that value is offered that player can be sold. 

The word around football players is that Newcastle is a terrible club and not one to join if you have other options available, kind of explains that we are linked to so many players but, never sign hardly any of them!

He said that players and staff at Newcastle would be the last people to know what was happening on any take over front but, he did say that he loved his time with us and that he hoped good times would return again in the future - fat (cunt) chance in my opinion!

We all knew really  :jesuswept:

Guest chopey

Probably already knew this and it certainly justifies my decision not to renew but its a horrible read.

He said that players and staff at Newcastle would be the last people to know what was happening on any take over front but, he did say that he loved his time with us and that he hoped good times would return again in the future - fat (c***) chance in my opinion!

Rancid club. Rotten to the very core

I paid for my season ticket in full back in March, I'm on a 10 year deal. I read recently you could possibly ring your bank and make an indemnity claim against the club as it's a product i'd paid for but hadn't had yet. Well I just got off the phone from my bank and I can't claim fuck all back. Bit gutted but so what, I'll not be back.

Time to cancel any future direct debits for the season after next and beyond.

I paid for my season ticket in full back in March, I'm on a 10 year deal. I read recently you could possibly ring your bank and make an indemnity claim against the club as it's a product i'd paid for but hadn't had yet. Well I just got off the phone from my bank and I can't claim f*** all back. Bit gutted but so what, I'll not be back.

You could always sell your ticket on a match by match basis. Not like you would be giving any more money to the FCB.

I paid for my season ticket in full back in March, I'm on a 10 year deal. I read recently you could possibly ring your bank and make an indemnity claim against the club as it's a product i'd paid for but hadn't had yet. Well I just got off the phone from my bank and I can't claim f*** all back. Bit gutted but so what, I'll not be back.

You could always sell your ticket on a match by match basis. Not like you would be giving any more money to the FCB.

I don't think NUFC tickets will be hot property next season somehow.

Some people want to keep their season tickets and that's up to them they are adults and can make their own way in life, but as a fellow supporter I would just ask them to not attend any matches that are televised, not a perfect solution but it gets the point out to a wider audience, less incentive for BT and Sky to show our matches and less money for the club.

Has anyone else heard the rumour that sales are currently 10K down on this time last year?

So the word that I got last week was seemingly accurate. To be honest, 10,000 still isn't enough. 15k+ would really be a lot more significant.

My contact that initially told me about the 10k figure now says that sales are 14k down on this time last year.