Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

• 2 weeks later...

Partial refund credited today for next season - no idea who they’ve worked it out mind!

Should be the cost of your ticket divided by 19 times by 5.

It should - not sure what they've done with mine!

Partial refund credited today for next season - no idea who they’ve worked it out mind!

Should be the cost of your ticket divided by 19 times by 5.

It should - not sure what they've done with mine!

Do you think you’ve got too much or too little?

Has there been any discussion about what they’re going to do with next year STs?

Not that I think I’ll now be getting one. Though the clamour for them if the takeover does happen will be horrific.

How many may keep a hold JUST in case? Or could the number fall by more and more thousands?

Guest neesy111

Can any club sell them at this stage?

FWIW I can't see much chance of crowds being in next season. The one after maybe.

Technically NUFC will be if they are taking money for direct debits still.

Guest Howaythetoon

If they can make letting people into pubs work (I use that term loosely) surely they can make it work opening of stadiums for fans to attend at reduced capacities. If say 20K could attend SJP I’d give each season ticket holder at current a number and do an FA Cup kind draw thing to make it fair and repeat it every week. Obviously it will be a ball ache to get fans back in safely and in accordance to any guidelines, rules and policies regarding Covid, the lower leagues desperately need bums on seats to just keep going never mind survive.

Guest neesy111

If they can make letting people into pubs work (I use that term loosely) surely they can make it work opening of stadiums for fans to attend at reduced capacities. If say 20K could attend SJP I’d give each season ticket holder at current a number and do an FA Cup kind draw thing to make it fair and repeat it every week. Obviously it will be a ball ache to get fans back in safely and in accordance to any guidelines, rules and policies regarding Covid, the lower leagues desperately need bums on seats to just keep going never mind survive.

That's a very high level view

You've got all the issues of all the people travelling to the venue,.going out to bars and pubs nearby the place etc.

It'll be allowed at lower leagues first.

Who the fuck would want to go to SJP now anyway, the dump?

• 3 weeks later...

I've done fuck all about cancelling my season ticket and just kicked it into the long grass by asking for credit rather than refund.  They're still taking DD out of my account.  I'm assuming I'm not going to be in SJP come the first home game even if I could be arsed to go.  Guess we'll be given more BT Sport match passes?  I'm aware I should have just jacked it in years ago.

• 5 months later...

For season ticket holders, check your emails as I few I know have not been given the option they selected (mine is correct!)!

According to our records you are currently in Group 2

Group 1 - Claimed neither refund

Your 2021-22 season ticket is currently paid for in full, and you have a further 5 games account credit to use against future ticket purchases. Your next Direct Debit payment will not be until March 2022, so you will not receive a mandate from us next month.

Group 2 - Claimed 2019-20 refund only

Your 2021-22 season ticket is currently paid for in full. You have no outstanding account credit to use from 2019-20. Your next Direct Debit payment will not be until March 2022, so you will not receive a mandate from us next month.

Group 3 - Claimed Cycle 1 refund only

Your 2021-22 season ticket balance left to pay is the same as the amount of the refund you received in Cycle 1, your Direct Debit payment(s) will start in March 2021 and you will receive a Direct Debit mandate from us this month. You still have 5 games account credit to use from 2019-20.

Unless you opted in to use your 2019-20 account credit towards your 2021-22 season ticket in which case your ticket is currently paid for in full. Your next Direct Debit payment will not be until March 2022.

Group 4 - Claimed both refunds

Your 2021-22 season ticket balance left to pay is the same as the amount of the refund you received in Cycle 1, and you have no outstanding account credit to use from 2019-20. Your Direct Debit payment(s) will start in March 2021 and you will receive a Direct Debit mandate from us this month.

• 5 months later...
41 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

For season tickets though. Not just the West Ham game.

Ah, of course. I'm sure they'll get snapped up soon enough but, at this point, you have to wonder by whom. 

I do wonder what the demographic will be in a given full house. As far as I can tell, there's broadly two types of matchgoing fan: Type A is your traditional, generational fan, who's attended for years/decades because their elders did, and because following Newcastle is their deepest rooted passion; and then Type B is your more casual fan/daytripper/tourist, for whom the passion perhaps isn't so deep-rooted, and perhaps with less knowledge or fewer strong opinions about the wider context around the club.

Type As are fractured into two groups now: A(i), those who've seen through Ashley and this iteration of the club and decided to leave, and A(ii), those who continue to go, for whatever reason they might have, some perfectly valid, and some - in my opinion - dubious. 

Obviously the ground will only be filled with A(ii) and B now (corporate guests and others notwithstanding). So I wonder what the split is? Cos if there's still thousands of STs left, I'm assuming that it's mostly B. Or is Covid just distorting the picture? 

Either way I'm looking forward to A being complete again. I just hope the A(i)s get a fair crack at getting tickets. 

“I gambled on us being taken over so I might as well attend”

A nice fresh excuse for those who have used “only be shopping with wor lass” and “only go to see me mates” to death over the last decade.