Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

13 minutes ago, RS said:

“I gambled on us being taken over so I might as well attend”

A nice fresh excuse for those who have used “only be shopping with wor lass” and “only go to see me mates” to death over the last decade. 

My mates been in that boat. Buying in hope for the takeover. He's currently letting his ticket lapse. He did actually try to renew but thr box office fucked up and send their final reminders to an email account he hasn't used in years. After some snotty customer service he's thought fuck it.

Hopefully more follow suit, whatever their reasons may be. 

11 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

Not so sure on low 40k.

Season tkts only been on general sale a day and half, and only around 13k left.

Whatever side of the fence you sit, hopefully the atmosphere will be too toxic for Brucey

The real fans who would make it toxic stopped going.

The best we'll get is a mild "you don't know what you're doing".

Did they not use to cap season ticket sales at around 40k ? Also think it was acknowledged that there we’re about 30k season ticket holders.

Without looking at stadium plan would it account for all empty seats or just ones available for season ticket purchases ?

I would guess we’ve probably sold about 27k so far. I think people might get a shock next season we could be looking at sub 40k attendances.

Edited by Whitley mag

24 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

Possibly, there's been a steady run of people at box office over the past hour.

Club shop and nine bar have steady business too.

Not bad for Tuesday with nothing on.

Do you work at the ground?

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

My mates been in that boat. Buying in hope for the takeover. He's currently letting his ticket lapse. He did actually try to renew but thr box office fucked up and send their final reminders to an email account he hasn't used in years. After some snotty customer service he's thought fuck it.

Hopefully more follow suit, whatever their reasons may be. 

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Why am I even considering this? On to have a look and have a seat in my basket [emoji38]

About an hour :lol:

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

About an hour :lol:

I know, ffs. [emoji38]

Off the back of the 1st post I asked him if he cancelled and he said he renewed to better seats, then said the seat next to him is free...

Then comes the 2nd post. :lol:

Thankfully I've since had a meeting with work and my sensible head is back on. Tabs closed and back to hating football.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

What's Sunday's attendance looking like then?

Got some tickets for me and my eldest yesterday and there are lot of sections with 100+ seats remaining. Gallowgate is pretty much sold out but other than that you can take your pick. Probably be around 47k.

You'd expect it to be reasonably high after 18 months without home games and fewer people on holidays abroad than usual for the opening game. Hopefully the novelty soon wears off for some and Bruceball coupled with worsening weather sees the attendances plunge as we move into winter.

44 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

Surprisingly our two arrived today, even though they are cancelled :rolleyes:

Would be mint if they sent them out only to people who jacked it in, a stadium full of people angry enough to have cancelled.