Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Probably a daft question but is there a possibility that the entire ground could be taken up by season tickets, or will there always be an allocation kept back for general sale? 

They’ll always keep some back for general sale however, ST/ Members get first dibs on these. I’d love them to keep say 1000 set aside in L7 for unemployed/ struggling fans (sprinkled about so there’s not an identifiable section). Perhaps through the Foundation.

21 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

the bigger thing for me will be getting my 150+ loyalty points back - NUST pledge to work with the club to get these reinstated for those who boycotted Ashley

Me too mate - had over 150, but I have absolutely no trust in NUST to even do this. They'll put it to the members and it'll be voted against, as for some reason the consensus amongst those that stayed is that people don't deserve them back, despite £1000s spend building them up. They should never, ever be removed in my opinion. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel that the trust just done this to gain a huge following of members. I know I'd not have cancelled if I didn't have confidence they'd approach new owners to get them back, not put it to the fucking members as I've been told they will. Maybe @Greg could shed some light on the plans?

We'll never know for sure, but those who cancelled could have made a difference to the sale going through. Who knows - but it certainly riled Ashley up enough to dish out 10k freebies.

17 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I think if it was a pledge that people signed up because of (like you and I have) then it wouldn’t/shouldn’t need a members vote. 

i think the number of fans who actually filled in the request when it came out will be quite low anyway.

My mate messaged recently and was told by a board member it will probably go to a members vote, which I think is bollocks personally. They should adhere to their promise and at least approach the club about it. Nothing on that section of the website that mentions anything at all about a members vote.

I hope I'm being cynical, but I honestly believe it was just a push to get members. It may not have been in the 1000s who signed up because of it, but there'd have been a fair few. I personally know of at least 30+ who cancelled, all with probably at least 50pts. 

I don't expect my ST back by any stretch, but the points should be permanent no matter what. Hard miles and thousands spent, yet people lose them when they can't afford a ST anymore. It's bollocks, always thought so after a family member relocated in 2012 and lost all points. 

I'd love 10 minutes with Staveley to get my point across. Don't believe anyone at the trust will push it as hard as people like us would like. No chance.

Edited by Chicken Dancer

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have records of former season ticket holders/loyalty points etc tbh

They're still on my profile on website, and the point of the trust scheme was to upload screenshots of points etc. So fingers crossed, but next to no hope!

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

They're still on my profile on website, and the point of the trust scheme was to upload screenshots of points etc. So fingers crossed, but next to no hope!

That's something then. Hopefully the nust chase it up

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Probably a daft question but is there a possibility that the entire ground could be taken up by season tickets, or will there always be an allocation kept back for general sale? 

Season tickets are capped at 44k. This allows for 3.2k away fans and 5k tickets for match by match sale.

The 44k figure was least reached in 2017/18 and for that season they were unable to offer part season tickets for sale.

8 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

The 44k figure was least reached in 2017/18 and for that season they were unable to offer part season tickets for sale

Would be interested to know how many season tickets are sold now. Can't see many of the 10k who walked in 2019 being filled now, plus those who'd have left since. Obviously there'll be people who bought tickets since, but doubt that many.

Honestly think there will be at least 20k trying for tickets, and maybe about 12k available.

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Would be interested to know how many season tickets are sold now. Can't see many of the 10k who walked in 2019 being filled now, plus those who'd have left since. Obviously there'll be people who bought tickets since, but doubt that many.

Honestly think there will be at least 20k trying for tickets, and maybe about 12k available.

Would agree with those numbers. Reckon there's probably 32/33k season ticket holders this season but tbh I could quite easily see 25k trying to get part season tickets should they go on sale. Literally every fan I know who hasn't currently got one is planning on getting one as soon as they can!

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Would agree with those numbers. Reckon there's probably 32/33k season ticket holders this season but tbh I could quite easily see 25k trying to get part season tickets should they go on sale. Literally every fan I know who hasn't currently got one is planning on getting one as soon as they can!

I know mate - shitting myself! Hopefully not everyone plans to go camp out :lol:

19 hours ago, jack j said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have records of former season ticket holders/loyalty points etc tbh

I've recently tried to find my details/points via the box office and nothing can be located. No records apparently :pilko:

7 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Im guessing there is no record at the box office of any season tickets held in the 80s, or from 93-2003. I e emailed them to ask, just in case.

I emailed them in thr first instance and they couldn't find my details. I'm going to call them. I'm pretty sure my last season was around 2006/7 I just can't remember for the life of me.

15 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Be interesting to see what happens with those on the ten year price freeze , expires this season so wonder if they will offer some sort of deal again.

From a commercial point of view they'd be crazy to do that. The only reason Ashley did it was to guarantee predictable income and people in the stands without having to show any ambition. 

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

From a commercial point of view they'd be crazy to do that. The only reason Ashley did it was to guarantee predictable income and people in the stands without having to show any ambition. 

Yeah, it’s actually going to be a bit of a tricky one for them. As you say, commercially it simply isn’t sensible to have prices the same as they were over a decade ago. But from a PR perspective it probably isn’t a great look for them to be coming in and, at least on the face of it, hiking prices up the first chance they get.

15 minutes ago, Simples said:

I'm going to say no as I really can't remember. I was after my membership number and that was the answer I got.

Reason I ask is because if you log into an online account, it shows your points still and when they were removed. If you get in, screenshot and upload to the trust. Probably a waste of time but who knows!

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, it’s actually going to be a bit of a tricky one for them. As you say, commercially it simply isn’t sensible to have prices the same as they were over a decade ago. But from a PR perspective it probably isn’t a great look for them to be coming in and, at least on the face of it, hiking prices up the first chance they get.

havent man city still got some of the cheapest tickets in the league?

its a no brainer for me to cap them  or sign another 10 year deal

if they are aware like they say they are of the regions economy and working class people they will realise that this is a massive win for them and sponsorship with ARAMCO or whoever would more than make up any shortfall

also, isnt matchday ticket revenue one of the lowest forms of income anyway?

1 hour ago, Cookie1892 said:

havent man city still got some of the cheapest tickets in the league?

its a no brainer for me to cap them  or sign another 10 year deal

if they are aware like they say they are of the regions economy and working class people they will realise that this is a massive win for them and sponsorship with ARAMCO or whoever would more than make up any shortfall

also, isnt matchday ticket revenue one of the lowest forms of income anyway?

Certainly a fair point to question how much actual benefit there is from extra revenue generated from a increase in ST prices in the grand scheme of things. What are we talking? An extra million a season maybe? Maybe a bit more? That’s probably nothing to us really once we get the new sponsorship deals rolling in.

Not sure whether Man City are really a direct comparison mind, as they probably didn’t/don’t have the demand we will.

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Reason I ask is because if you log into an online account, it shows your points still and when they were removed. If you get in, screenshot and upload to the trust. Probably a waste of time but who knows!

Yip. Can see my, now ex points in my account. Heartbreakingly says 182 points manually removed☹