Roeder tells fans to bring their scarves

stozo

Link

MAGPIES boss Glenn Roeder says he would love to see the Toon Army recreate the atmosphere from the last home game when Reading visit Gallowgate on Wednesday.

Fans were handed free black and white scarves as they entered the stadium for the Portsmouth clash, and they recreated the amazing scenes from Alan Shearer's testimonial by twirling the scarves around their heads as the teams emerged from the tunnel.

And Roeder has urged the fans to create a similar scene for the visit of Steve Coppell's Royals.

Roeder said: "The scarf waving helped the atmosphere at the last game, and it was great to see it again after the first time it happened in Alan Shearer's testimonial game.

"It does give the boys an extra lift, they love it and they have spoken about it in the dressing room after the game.

"It would be great to see those scenes on a regular basis, but we know it is up to us to get the fans right behind us.

"We need to start games well to get them behind us, and that is the aim against Reading on Wednesday."

Guest Ridzuan

I hope the attendance tonight will be around the 40,000 mark.It always seems to me that our mid week home game doesnt tend to have a high attendance.The more people there is waving their scarves,the better.

Link

MAGPIES boss Glenn Roeder says he would love to see the Toon Army recreate the atmosphere from the last home game when Reading visit Gallowgate on Wednesday.

Fans were handed free black and white scarves as they entered the stadium for the Portsmouth clash, and they recreated the amazing scenes from Alan Shearer's testimonial by twirling the scarves around their heads as the teams emerged from the tunnel.

And Roeder has urged the fans to create a similar scene for the visit of Steve Coppell's Royals.

Roeder said: "The scarf waving helped the atmosphere at the last game, and it was great to see it again after the first time it happened in Alan Shearer's testimonial game.

"It does give the boys an extra lift, they love it and they have spoken about it in the dressing room after the game.

"It would be great to see those scenes on a regular basis, but we know it is up to us to get the fans right behind us.

"We need to start games well to get them behind us, and that is the aim against Reading on Wednesday."

Yeah, just think, we could be out of the bottom 3!!! Glenn Roeder - football management genius.

i won't be bringing mine. I'm not spending a couple of hours in the pub after looking like (even more of) a tool.

:thdn:

I just don't do scarves. They just seem fundamentally Wrong.

I NEVER wear a scarf but when I come up next week the first thing I'll be doing is buying a scarf from the club shop.

Even if you just stick it in your pocket try and bring it along as firstly it looks great and secondly it gives the players a boost, which they are gonna need tonight. 

i won't be bringing mine. I'm not spending a couple of hours in the pub after looking like (even more of) a tool.

:thdn:

I just don't do scarves. They just seem fundamentally Wrong.

I NEVER wear a scarf but when I come up next week the first thing I'll be doing is buying a scarf from the club shop.

Even if you just stick it in your pocket try and bring it along as firstly it looks great and secondly it gives the players a boost, which they are gonna need tonight. 

If they can't win wothout 47000 people waving scarves at them, they're worse than even I thought.

Pretty boys walking along the street in multi coloured scarves in mid summer is highley camp, this type of scarf wearing i don't agree with. However, when you see 40 odd thousand geordies waving ther scarves for the club thye love it does look amazing, therefore i will be taking mine.

BTW do loads of you have two scarves? i assume some of you went to the testimonal and are season ticket holders.

Guest nobby peru

Pretty boys walking along the street in multi coloured scarves in mid summer is highley camp, this type of scarf wearing i don't agree with. However, when you see 40 odd thousand geordies waving ther scarves for the club thye love it does look amazing, therefore i will be taking mine.

BTW do loads of you have two scarves? i assume some of you went to the testimonal and are season ticket holders.

yeah, i've got the 2 freebies. plus an almost identical one i bought from the club shop before that - spares if i ever lose one!

I noticed they're allowed to stand up, too. Funny how it's allowed on the continent but you get hoyed out the ground in England.

Terracing is still allowed in Jormany. It's only in European games that all-seater stadiums are compulsory. So the standing areas in Jorman stadiums all have convertable seats, so that you theoretically could sit during an European match. But normally nobody bothers about sitting in these sections, and neither do the stewards trying to enforce it.